This hotel is nothing special but I thought it was a relatively good value for Tokyo, especially since the rate we booked included wifi access and buffet breakfast. We were very satisfied here.
We arrived quite early, around 9 am, planning to store our luggage and continue on for the day's touring. Surprisingly, they said the room was ready and we could check in without a fee, so that was a pleasant surprise. The room was fine, not huge but decent sized for Tokyo and with good light and a nice view of the river and a portion of the Hama Rikyu gardens There was sufficient couter space in the bathroom, a large shower and the usual good array of toiletries and nightwear.
Breakfast got a bit crowded, but the layout of the breakfast room minimizes the scrum feel unless you're seated right by the buffet tables. The selection of breakfast items was good - one table of salad, one of Japanese items, one of breads, one of Western eggs and bacon, etc. There are made-to-order eggs and a coffee machine you can use to make lattes.
The location is convenient to both the subway and the JR trains, and an easy walk from Tsukiji fish market and the aforementioned Hama Rikyu gardens. You can catch a boat from the gardens up to the Asakusa neighborhood, then take the subway back. That being said, the location was a litle weird because the hotel is in an office building in the middle of an office park area. Fortunately, there are quite a few restaurants around the nearby train stations, but the immediate area was pretty deserted on the weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel welcomes you with its stylish décor, convenient surroundings and flexible service. A mere three minute walk from the JR, Yurikamome and three subway lines. Free wired and wireless LAN service in all rooms and Lobby area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Preferred Hotels, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Royal Park Hotel The Shiodome, Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Park Shiodome Tower Hotel Minato
- Royal Park Shiodome Hotel
- Royal Park Shiodome Minato
- Royal Park Hotel The Shiodome, Tokyo Japan