“Good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dai-Ichi Hotel Tokyo

You added Dai-Ichi Hotel Tokyo to your Saves list
Dai-Ichi Hotel Tokyo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-2-6 Shimbashi, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 105-8621, Japan   |
Ranked #22 of 94 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Ireland
“Good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Business hotel, very busy with lots of meetings etc. on the ground floor. Very impressive lobby and bar. However, we were disappointed on entering the room as it was a smoking room and they did not have an alternative, we attempted to open the window to air the room but were told housekeeping would have to open it, they never came to do this for us. The bed was comfortable and the room quiet but the carpet was stained and shabby and needed upgrading. Poor quality Italian-style furniture, not really what you want when staying in Tokyo! Chose the hotel for it's location and it was close to train station, lots of restaurants and the Ginza area. Fine for a business trip but wouldn't stay there again for a holiday.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Greek first
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Not a bad location, though a bit noisy with the trains next door.
Completely inflexible staff would only allow a early checkin by 4 hrs with a full night extra charge despite rooms already being ready

• Stayed April 2013
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed for 9 nights. The location is excellent. A few minutes walk to Shinbashi station which is a major interchange for trains and metros. Ginza and the Imperial Palace are within waloking distance. the area is full of good value restaurants. The hotel restaurant (21st floor) is pricey in the evening but very reasonable for lunch. the room is big enough for two beds plus a rollaway. The bathroom is big with a bath and a walk-in shower. It is well stocked with quality cosmetics. There were a couple of stains on the carpet but apart from that it was spotless. All the staff were very helpful. As it is close to a main station you hear the trains but only as a low background noise - and there are no trains from 0100 to 0500.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bacolod
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed at the Daiichi Hotel in Tokyo for 5 nights. We were travelling as a family and had 8 kids in our group. The hotel is not very family oriented as wegot some annoying looks when the kids were a little bit playful. The location was the best thing about this hotel. Close to shimbashi station and ginza area. A lot of restaurants nearby and convenience stores. The rooms were a little bit outdated and I expected to have that warm seat in the toilet considering this was a 5-star hotel, but they didn't have it. We encountered a couple of problems like having booked 5 non-smoking rooms but they only had 4 smoking rooms for us, when we arrived which was a problem because we had kids and adults who have asthma and are allergic to cigarettes. Mr. Yodabashi tried his best to help us out and gave us 3 non smoking rooms. The concierge team were the second best feature of this hotel. They were very helpful in giving us directions and even booking for us a private bus to go to the airport. It was overall an ok experience. Would I stay at this hotel again? Maybe not in the next time I would be coming to Tokyo.

Room Tip: Make sure the rooms are non smoking rooms if you have asthma and other related conditions
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lake District
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed in the Dai-Ichi on business, which involved a one night stay then leaving baggage behind to travel north, returning for a further two nights stay.

Well situated in the business district, my room was large, clean with many little extras which made my [jet-lagged] visit comfortable.

A massive bed, working desk, mini-bar and tv, large bathroom with huge corner shower and separate deep bath. Every little extra you needed was provided for, and when I asked to have my window opened for fresh air, the maintenance manager appeared magically with his tool kit to sort this out for me. I think I must have had an upgraded room as some of the reviews don't align with my experience of my stay.

So, there was some noise from the adjacent trainlines, but I've heard worse in London. I didn't eat at the hotel due to time constraints, but there were options of Japanese and International food available for every palate.

The staff were courteous and aplenty and the location perfect for experiencing the restaurants and bars of Tokyo City.

When next in Tokyo, I will choose to stay at the Dai-Ichi again.

Room Tip: If you can get the 19th/20th floor, these are the best
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice. I will say that for Tokyo,Japan, the room size is pretty good!

I had stadard two twin beds and love that their is mini-fridge to put orange juice in. They are so attentive in service, from bathroobes, to slippers to pen replaced if used ,to free toothbrushes. Didn't happen this time, btu time I stayed before I saw a japanese wedding that was so beautiful with falling snow in lobby and projection of cathedral, was so beautiful!

Pool is nice, though costs money, which is typical in many Japan hotels.

This is what amde me so happy, upon checkout they told me that the rate had changed and we actually got it at a cheaper rate then what we had paid, maybe only $40-60 or so,but it was still a nie thing I have still NEVER experienced anywhere else IN THE WORLD!!!

I booked directly off the hotel website this time, and am so glad I did!

Only downside is price, sometimes it costs WAY TOO MUCH, but if you can get a deal or book at the right time, do it!!! Also was supposed to include shower but only had bath,but I like this hotel so much that I didn't care (i usually would).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Luckily I only spent on night here. Loud noise from the adjacent train tracks - luckily I always pack ear plugs otherwise sleep would be difficult. The room was dirty with stained carpets and beds. Very dated bathroom with plastic fittings and shower curtain. I had spent the previous night at at the Park Prince tower which cost less and was far superior in every way. So far the worst hotel for the price I have experienced in Japan.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Dai-Ichi Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!