“Food Quality Is A Weak Spot” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Tokyo

You added Grand Hyatt Tokyo to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Tokyo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6-10-3 Roppongi, Minato 106-0032, Tokyo Prefecture (Akasaka / Roppongi)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #4 of 96 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
usa
“Food Quality Is A Weak Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Well-located in Ropponghi Hills, connected to office tower and shopping mall with good restaurant selections.

Spacious public spaces and well-equipped, quiet bedrooms with modern design make this hotel one of the best Grand Hyatts worldwide. It does not offer the traditional service and style of the nearby Okura Hotel but is relatively good value by Tokyo standards.

My principal reservation centers on the food. The Breakfast space in the French Kitchen on the second floor offers sleek and modern design. However, the western food seemed unnecessarily unhealthy and the Japanese box breakfast was among the weaker ones I have eaten in terms of ingredient quality. At the Fiorentina coffee shop, a similar story with a decidedly weak selection of pastries and cakes.

Internet access is free for Hyatt passport members. Also free access to a large pool and fitness centre in the fifth floor.

Note that there are bedrooms in the third and fourth floors...very convenient for the fitness center and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Everything is really nice for such kind of hotel. espesially great cafe,restaurants,bars. Nice place for a bisiness simposiums,wonderful summer restaurants in the terracce.great area for shopping. Comfortable,nice service. SPA is wonderful!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
new zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and still continues to excel. The Limousine bus runs directly to the hotel with many services to and from Narita Airport. For Haneda Airport there is also a service but think only about 3 times a day. I asked at check in for a quite room and that is what i got. The beds are comfortable and the double blind system means you can sleep without being disturbed by early morning sunlight. The hotel has a really good breakfast. Will return again

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

The majority of my hotel points are with Hyatt so admittedly I try to stay at Hyatt properties whenever I can. Be that as it may, there are some properties that stick out more than others. The Grand Hyatt Tokyo is one of them. Located conveniently in Roppongi (a fun neighborhood in Tokyo with lots to do), the service at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo is impeccable! Everyone is always polite, professional, efficient, yet friendly.

The gym is well equipped with a functional pool for doing laps. Room service is delicious and even with complex orders, they always seem to get it consistently right – amazing. One side of the hotel faces famous Mount Fuji so if the weather is clear, you can see the iconic mountain from that side of the building.

Room décor and feel is modern yet cozy. Nice touches like automated blackout shades (automated meaning all you have to do is push a button and the blackout shades come down and go up) make taking a nap during the day if time zone differences are getting to you a breeze.

I’ve stayed here several times and have never been disappointed. I don’t think it’s possible to have a bad stay at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo.

Room Tip: I like the Mount Fuji side of the hotel (even room numbers on high floors?) so I can see the iconic...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed an eight day stay at this hotel last month and can heartily recommend it. While my wife attended a business conference I enjoyed a Tokyo vacation. The hotel is adjacent to a multi-story shopping mall, a 52 story observation gallery, and is surrounded by good restaurants offering all types of Japanese cuisine. The hotel restaurants are a bit overpriced so we asked the concierge for suggestions in the neighborhood and she was most helpful. A handy subway stop is just steps away and can be accessed without going outdoors in the rain. Our room was spacious and very well appointed. Our room was quiet and comfortable. The entire staff was genuinely friendly, helpful and efficient. If you balk at the $37.00 breakfast buffet, a Starbucks is just next door. We had a delightful stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

** I NEVER STAYED HERE - ALTHOUGH WANTED TO BUT BASED ON WHAT'S HAPPENING LOOKS LIKE I WONT FOR MY UPCOMING BOOKING **

Planned a Trip for my Mother's Birthday and Celebrate Special Occasion, I contacted the Hotel through its website email, waited a week NO Response !!!

I finally booked the room through website as I could not wait any longer, however I decided to call the Hotel just to confirm my booking and ask them few questions. I told them why we are coming and we are Elite members of Hyatt as she saw with my booking so She said she will upgrade me and will also do something special for my Mothers Birthday celebration.

I was quite excited and she told me I would receive my email reply with my questions I had send before regarding transportation/activities , etc ...

That's where it went from exciting stay to a Frustrating stay !!!

The Email states now, I will not have the upgrade plus I now need to pay extra for my mother to stay with me. Hyatt keeps its promise and we have stayed so many times, NEVER had this issue instead always received complimentary upgrades but here the Staff does not have proper communication between eachother and we are the once who are left hanging !!!

I asked them twice (2x) through email to please fwd this to the GM and I want to hear from him, because its UNFAIR and UNPROFESSIONAL for this to occur. Instead my emails were fwd to other people except the GM !!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

It seems the Grand Hyatt has been holding out on me...at the very top floor there are a couple of rooms VERY private and very very special 2113 has a terrace with a rock garden and trees. The view of the Tokyo Tower is spectacular and the entire experience is just righteous. The bathroom is pure rejuvenation.

STAY there- yes it is extra but if you are there for two or three nights just do it- the cost is nothing compared to what we do...flail ourselves around the world schlepping to the office and then the hotel and back and forth over and over...this room is good for your soul. Let me know what you think about this oasis.

Ask for Mr. Abe when you book (at the front desk) and ask him to make arrangements.

Room Tip: It has two queen sized beds by the way but if you are alone it is just fine.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Grand Hyatt Tokyo? Share your experiences!