“Nice Property/Quiet Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

You added Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo to your Saves list
Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-1-50 Shirokanedai, Minato 108-8640, Tokyo Prefecture (Shinagawa / Gotanda)   |
Ranked #27 of 101 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Sarasota, Florida
“Nice Property/Quiet Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have stayed here many times as it is well located for business in and around Tokyo. A $20 - $25 taxi ride brings you to just about every business district around Tokyo. If you are more seasoned or comfortable, the hotel shuttle which seems to run every 10 - 15 minutes brings you to Meguro Station from where the Yamanote Line which runs every 5 minutes will wisk you around Tokyo to or near just about any destination you want to be.
The hotels public areas are luxury class Asian style and offer plenty of areas to relax or meet with clients. The rooms are all very well appointed and clean and well kept. The service is in keeping with its level of excellence. The breakfasts here are average by Japanese standards for this class of hotel but caters to US, Japanese and European tastes - Dim sum, cold cuts to cold cereal. The restaurant and lobby views look over a well manicured Japanese style garden, that is popular for weddings.
The only issue is that the hotel is located in a residential area, so restaurant choices are few as is the shopping or entertainment. There is also a subway about 5 minutes walk from the hotel which can bring you into Tokyo's extensive metro network. As with just about everything in Tokyo, it runs frequently, is clean and is safe!

Room Tip: The higher floors are better, and the garden views are nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KAHORU W
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.
As you commented, we have shuttle bus service from hotel to Meguro railway & subway station. This shuttle departs every 15 minute and it takes 5 minutes to Meguro station. There are so many restaurants, bars and shops around Meguro station.
7 min walk to the nearest subway “Shirokanedai” station provides you the fastest and easiest access to the main terminal station such as Tokyo, Ginza, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Omote-sando.
Moreover, the prepaid card of Tokyo subway system is also usable for all trains, buses and for shopping in major convenience stores.

Our excellent concierge teams prepare for various kinds of maps, information and advise the best dining and shopping plan.
We are thankful you chose to stay with us and look forward to seeing you again next time.

La Jolla, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I don't generally write negative reviews but this Sheraton is in a pretty bad way. It's very dated, simply worn out and in need a a full remodel. my bathroom was old and mildewy. I had a room on a non-smoking floor but it had clearly been smoked in recently.

By all appearances Sheraton has lowered the room rates to keep the property filled and generating cash despite it's condition, and is either planning to sell it, or remodel it if the economy bounces back.

Sorry Starwood but this one is a discredit to a usually well kept collection of properties.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank LaJollaFamily
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
We apologize for your uncomfortable experience caused by the mildew in the bath room. The mildew removal work of the bath room has been periodically carried out in our hotel, however this work might be insufficient, I think. Furthermore, we are upgrading our guest rooms little by little. Please be assured the issues you have raised have been addressed to prevent any reoccurrence in the future.

Liestal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We booked a three bed room. What we got was 2 normal bed's and one sofabed which was way to small for a normal european person. So better book two rooms if you want some comfort!

The room itself was spacious and clean and we had good view on the nice garden of the hotel.

The location of the hotel is outside of the center, but you can reach almost every other district in about 20-30min's with the metro. There are two metro stations near the hotel. Also there is a free shuttle bus which drives from the hotel to one of the bigger metro stations.

Around the hotel there is not much to do/see. The lobby bar is expensive, but OK for some beers.

If you get a good deal, i can recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure not to book a three bed room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CHRACH
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
We apologize for your uncomfortable experience caused by small sofa bed.
I am share your feedback to housekeeping manager for purpose of improving sofa bed.
Also our concierge prepare for various kind of maps, information so please get the advice there before you go out.
We hope you will remain a valued customer.

Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We choose this hotel because of the good rate and for the SPG points. It is located in a nice neighborhood. The hotel runs a free shuttle service to 2 nearby train stations from where you can explore tokyo. The rooms are big enough for 2 adults. Negative the in room safe was located on the floor so we had to lie down to open and close it. We did not use the food and beverages services in the hotel. Prices are very expensive (in my opinion , paying out of my own pocket). A real shame is paying 1500 yen for using the hotel swimming pool. The hotel is nice and well kept. The concierge team is fantastic.
Tip : if you have a Japan Rail pass validate it the day you leave Tokyo other ways get a day pass for the public transport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scubadave1
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
Our hotel is located in one of Tokyo’s rich residential area so it is true that it is 7-8 minutes’ walk from the hotel to the nearest 24 hours-open convenience store.
We operate free shuttle service to JR Meguro station leaving about every 15 minutes and I recommend to use this shuttle for your shopping and dining out.
As for your commentary regarding charge of gym, our health club is mainly open to local memberships.
Please understand that this facilities is not exclusive for hotel guests and we charge both local members and hotel guests the usage fee or SPG point, however SPG platinum member is given free access benefit.
We appreciate your sincere feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel is not in the tourist centre but is very close to train stations that will take you to many different places in just five or ten minutes (there is even a free shuttle to them if you don't want to walk) that are interesting to visit. The metro system is very clean and seems safe. The staff are helpful and speak enough English to guide tourists.
If you arrive at Narita airport which is very far out of town there is a coach service serving several hotels in the same area as the Sheraton. It will cost you 3000¥ - about 20-30€, a taxi will cost about 200$. The coach ride takes about 2 hours.
The rooms are clean and spacious with most things you'll need like iron and hairdryer.
The breakfast was a little disappointing for a hotel of this standing. There are three different restaurants for breakfast, the Japanese restaurant is advertised as a set breakfast menu, the food was not as good as I had hoped, the rice and fish served were luke warm - some parts of the rice were hot, other parts cold. The California restaurant is not advertised as a set menu but you have to order from a choice of set menus. If you want just toast and cereal, you have to order from the a la carte and pay extra. The room service was also a bit disappointing in comparison to all of the wonderful eating places in Tokyo. I'd recommend taking a taxi or train to a place like Roppongo to eat.

Apart from the culinary experience, the staff are very helpful, courteous and discrete. The concierge and city guide advisor all went out of their way to make my stay very enjoyable and straight forward.
The lobby is pleasant to wait in and the business facilities are good.

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Travel_girl_bee
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I am very pleased with your positive comment to my staffs.
I am sure to pass along your kind remarks to my team.
As you already know, our hotel is located in very quiet and safe residential area with a lot of green. Our concierge staff show you our neighborhood by map.All of us here hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Brentwood, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Well I ended my year long travels in Japan. I decided to book the Sheraton Miyako Hotel in Tokyo. The property was fairly close to the venue and it was a Starwood property.

Well, I arrived in Tokyo and headed to the hotel. The property was very secluded and hardly any local venues around. So, dinners and any type of sightseeing will involve transportation. Definitely not close at all.. even to walk.

The staff are all professional and very attentive to guest needs which is the only bright spot for this property. As I checked in, received my keys and headed to my room, I looked around and didn’t see much of a bar. They have a lounge which I will try out eventually, I also noticed two restaurants which I will also look into.

I arrived on my floor and entered my room………what a disappointment! Room looked very old, no life and in need of a major, major refurbishment. I went to check out my bathroom.. No shower! Only a tub with a connecting shower hose… I asked myself, Did I just check into a Four Points? Wall paper was coming off the wall and it just looked OLD!

Online everything looks GREAT! It reminded me of the time I booked online what appeared to be a beautiful boutique room in Puerto Rico and we arrived the boutique room online was actually a shack hotel!

During my week long stay, I visited the outlets in the hotel and I will say that they are okay..not great, but okay.

Look the hotel staff & management make the property. The problem here is either ownership or corporate that need to invest in this property and conduct a MAJOR, MAJOR facelift of their rooms, outlets and exterior look…Oh, yes, build a BAR LOUNGE that you can actually sit at the bar and see the alcohol….

I come to Tokyo 3x a year and I will definitely give the Westin a try and maybe look for a Starwood property closer to venues..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Angel A
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
It is with great regret and concern that you had a bad experience while staying in my hotel.
We refurbished the whole 4th floor early in this year and we plan to refurbish the whole 3rd floor next January. We still continue to invest in remodeling our guest rooms.
Our bathroom is not so spacious that bathtub and shower stand together. Though we are remodeling guest room little by little to meet Sheraton standard, we are sorry but we don't plan to enlarge the wet area as “separated shower room besides bathtub”, for the time being.

Furthermore, it is a pity that we couldn't introduce our M bar on the B1 floor. M bar is authentic bar with the counter where you can get the professional bartender service while seeing many alcohol bottles and cigars. We hold Sheraton Social Hour everyday there.
There has been a problem with remedial measures for a while now and let me assure to you that we are taking all the steps we can to change it.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This was my first trip to Tokyo. Everyone was very friendly. The room was very good and breakfasts were excellent. I had a continental and a Japanese breakfast - both very good. The hotel is in a quiet area of Tokyo from the point of view of visiting sites and this is the only drawback. I took the bus shuttle to and from Narita airport and it was very convenient. Good example of Sheraton level quality.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mick M
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.
We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you soon.

Sincerely
Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Shinagawa / Gotanda
The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection
Shinagawa / Gotanda
The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo

Been to Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!