“Outstanding service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo to your Saves list
Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-1-50 Shirokanedai, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 108-8640, Japan   |
Ranked #33 of 92 Hotels in Minato
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Outstanding service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Great hotel with outstanding customer service.
Very clean and tidy however bedroom was a little on the small side and bathroom was compact. As a single guy on a business trip, this was fine however I can imagine you'd be stepping on each other if you're a couple. Bed was huge although a little hard for my taste. Don't get me wrong, the bed was comfortable but i prefer a softer bed.
Service was outstanding in every department, front desk, room service, housekeeping etc
They have 3 restaurants, we ate in the Chinese restaurant and the food was full of flavour and enough to feed an army. We actually back twice more to the same restaurant.
Not sure about location, as we got a taxi everywhere bt it seemed to be fairly central.
Great hotel, would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
hank you very much for your staying at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo.
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I am very pleased with your positive comment to my staffs.I am sure to pass along your kind remarks to my team.
The live Jazz performance in our lobby lounge is very popular among our guests.
Also we hold Sheraton Social Hour in our bar from everyday from 17:00pm to 20:00 pm. You can enjoy Starwood’s Specialty Select Wine by the glass from the excellent winery all over the continent.
We hope you will remain a valued customer.

Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

3rd trip in this hotel. But this time I requested for upgraded room. Ended up on 12th floor. Although the bathroom was quite old, it was still better than the small bathroom I had in my previous stays.
Bathroom: bathtub, no walk in showe
Cheap Sheraton amenities. And for a reason unknown to me, no shower gel, ony shampoo...
As note in my review last year, the concierge team is still awesome, in particular the lovely lady whose voice can be recognized easily.
For SPG Plat, there's not executive lounge or floor, only the shared lobby lounge where there is a small list of items that can be ordered. But nothing a dedicated top floor lounge with a real kitchen.
Although TV sets are new (flat) still this odd system with 3 sub chanels.
Choices of foreign channel still very limited: CNN, BBC, and that's it
Breakfast at California is odd, and very packed (need to queue). This is not really an international business hotel (Miyako is a local chain), many japanese families stay there and take breakfast, long queue in the morning.
Good point is there are always taxis on standby (anyway the hotel provides shuttle bus)
Client facing staff have a OK level of English if you do everything standard without deviating from the script... I had an issue with the laundry charge for my shirt and the staff at guest counter looked overwhelmed and very lost.I ended up forgetting about my explanations and just said "it's your mistake I won't pay for this".

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I regret that the room itself and the amenity did not meet the standards you expected.
Your opinions assist us in continually striving to exceed your expectations, and to help us make future decisions as we develop and expand our hotels.
I sincerely apologize for the incorrect laundry charge.
We review our receipt processing procedure and possible modifications to accurate counting.
There has been a problem with remedial measures for a while now and let me assure to you that we are taking all the steps we can to change it.
We appreciate your sincere feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Frankfurt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

i visisted Miyako in April this year on a Business trip for my Company to Tokyo.
The Hotel is in the vicinity of Metro stations (Meguro) and its an easy starting place to further explore the town (the Hotel also runs a shuttle Service).
The rooms are comparably large and the Equipment is modern.

Prices were really fair for Tokyo with approx 120 Euro without breakfast.
The Fitness & trainin facilities were ok.
the staff was very friendly and helpful
I would definetely go again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
We are truly thankful you chose to stay with us at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo.
I appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel.
I am very happy to hear about your positive experience in my hotel and will be sure to pass along your kind remarks to my team.
We all hope to see you the next time you are in Tokyo!

Sincerely

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel is a great location in Tokyo. The hotel has shuttle buses that run to Shinagawa station in the mornings.

The rooms are large, but getting to be a bit dated. There is shopping on the lower level of the hotel. There is a fee to use the pool.

There is a good pizza/Italian style restaurant, Salvatore, a few blocks away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
As you commented, we have shuttle bus service from hotel to Meguro railway & subway station. (Every 15 minute)
There are so many restaurants, bars and shops around Meguro station.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed here for business back in April. Good sized rooms and very clean. Breakfast is excellent and there is also a nice Cigar and wine bar downstairs which is very enjoyable if you are staying in on the evening.

Room Tip: High floors are better
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
We hold Sheraton Social Hour in our bar from everyday from 17:00pm to 20:00 pm. You can enjoy Starwood’s Specialty Select Wine by the glass from the excellent winery all over the continent.

Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

When we arrived, the room was not ready so they up graded us,Staffs are friendly and helpful.The indoor pool was big enouogh for hotel members,needed the entrance fee .
Good access from Shirokanedai, Meguro stations.Easy to see around the Tokyo.The Japanese garden in the night time was fantastic! My son was so excited to see the cecadas hatching out from the cocoons.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
There are so many restaurants, bars and shops around Meguro station.
Better than that, A few glossary markets, 24 hours-open convenience store, 100 yen shop, liquor shop and some nice restaurants are within walking distance from the hotel.
Our excellent concierge teams prepare for various kinds of maps, information and advise the best dining and shopping plan.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Chard, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Wonderful bar area overlooking a garden that serves good bar food and the usual drinks. There are several other restaurants on site too. As always in Japan, very polite service. The rooms are comfortable. It's in a quieter, greener part of Tokyo which may be a relief for some!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We are thankful you chose to stay with us this time and I am very happy to hear about your positive experience.
The live Jazz performance in our lobby lounge is very popular among our guests.
We hope you will remain a valued customer.

Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Been to Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!