“Great stay in Tokyo!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo to your Saves list
Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-1-50 Shirokanedai, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 108-8640, Japan   |
Ranked #34 of 93 hotels in Minato
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great stay in Tokyo!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I just returned from a family vacation at the Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo for 7 days. Check-in was quick and the room lived up to my expectations. We stayed in the Deluxe rooms which I believe are the same size as the standard rooms but with updated bathrooms.The rooms were pretty standard but extremely clean. The deluxe rooms were roomy in comparison to many Japanese hotel rooms and came with a lounging chaise, desk with 2 chairs, LCD TV., 2 twin beds and of course bathroom with a bidet. We had no issues with Wi-Fi and were able to connect our lap top, iPhones and iPad without any issues. There was no in-room safe and they were only located at the front desk. Luckily, since I read reviews that most of the rooms did not come with a safe, we purchased a cheap, portable lock box from Amazon prior to coming and locked up the items in the safe when out of the room and stored the safe in our luggage. Also, room was not sound proof but putting in ear plugs at night worked like a charm.

We only used room service twice (when we arrived and the last day). The food was okay but very pricy. 6,600 yen for burgers, fries, drink and slice of cake for 2 people. There is a 7-11 down the hill from the hotel, which we used to buy food as well as drinks and stored in the in-room fridge. There are also several Lawson's and Family Mart convenience stores that you can go to and load up on salads, fruits, snacks etc. For hot meals, you can go to the smaller restaurants near the hotel and pick-up a bento box or ramen for about 700 yen.

The hotel is located in a residential area and there is not much to do but it is a nice rest from the more chaotic areas of Tokyo such as Shinagawa and Shibuya. The hotel has a shuttle bus that will take you to the smaller Meguro train station as well as the bigger Shinagawa station (last shuttle goes out at 10:00 am for this station). Make sure to buy a JR Rail pass before you leave for Japan, which will allow you to ride to other destinations such as Osaka, Kyoto, Yokohama, etc. Also, once at the train station, you can purchase Suica passes at station kiosks. These train cards will provide you with unlimited transportation on the Tokyo subways. The Suica passes are re-loadable and can be used at vending machines and convenience stores as well. We used both the JR rail passes and the Suica cards at least 6 times a day, so we definitely got our money's worth from the purchase.

When I return to Tokyo, I will definitely stay at the Sheraton Miyako again. I was debating whether we should stay at a pricier hotel but did not regret my decision. You will spend most of your time sightseeing, that it doesn't make sense to pay for a hotel with more bells and whistles that is only going to be used as a place to rest at night. Also, the hotel staff always went above and beyond to help with directions and any questions that we asked; which made for a pleasant stay. Use the money saved by staying at the Sheraton for extra souvenirs! Travel tip: Bring a very, very good pair of walking shoes. Between walking to our destination from the train stations and the different tours, we logged 6-7 miles each day.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a higher floor. We were on the 5th floor and literally could feel the room sha...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
We currently refurbished all bathrooms on three floors and all rooms on one floor.
There is Link@Sheraton on the lobby floor, and the guests use free WiFi in lobby area, meeting rooms and guest rooms.
Our concierge team prepares for various kind of maps, information and they can advise the best dining, shopping and sightseeing plan for you.
It is true there are guest rooms with in-room safe and without. We are planning to equip in-room safe
in all rooms near future.
In regard to sound leakage in the room, soundproofing material which is used for recent upgraded rooms should solve this problem.
There has been a problem with remedial measures for a while now and let me assure to you that we are taking all the steps we can to change it.

We appreciate your sincere feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

724 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Nice large rooms by Japanese standards. A Western Hotel,not a Japanese experience. Only about $60 US dollars by private car from Honeda Int'l Airport inTokyo. Fairly close to a subway station. In sort of a residential section, so a bit of hike to restaurants. Stayed there 2 days. Staff is very customer focused, speak excellent English.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms in quiet neighborhood, no need to worry about traffic noise
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I am very pleased with your positive comment to my staffs..
I am sure to pass along your kind remarks to my team.

Our hotel is located in one of Tokyo’s rich residential area so it is true that it is 7-8 minutes’ walk from the hotel to the nearest 24 hours-open convenience store.
We operate free shuttle service to JR Meguro station leaving about every 15 minutes and I recommend to use this shuttle for your shopping and dining out.
Our concierge prepare for various kind of maps, information so please get the advice there before you go out.

Guest Sevice
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I've stayed at many Sheraton properties over the years and have seen the good and the bad. This hotel, whilst nice, is starting to feel ever so slightly dated. The reminiscence of the Miyako chain hotels is still evident, although it does have splashes of the Sheraton feel. As a SPG gold member my upgrade was available at check in even though the hotel was booked out and we arrived very late. So a big plus to the hotel for looking after their members.

Rooms are adequately appointed and very comfortable. Nothing beats a heavenly bed. Staff are friendly and accommodating. The breakfast is nice but nothing special. There is a lovely Japanese garden which should be visited. Due to the location of the hotel it really isn't near anything so you either walk or use the free shuttle service to Meguro station leaving about every 15 minutes.

For me my only complaints would be, I'd like a little more light in the rooms at night, not just ambient lighting. For example there is no main light in the bedroom only light sources come from lamps. At the moment as I look up there are a mixture of 6 sprinklers,smoke alarm and sensors in the roof but not a single light???? My only other peeve is an aircon thermostat box from the 70's on the wall, which gives it that dated feeling.

I would recommend this hotel over the Sheraton Grande in Tokyo any day of the week. They are chalk and cheese.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your staying at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo.
I also thank you for taking your time to write an excellent and precise comment about us.
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.
We are sorry for the shortage of light in your room.
We can provide table lamp or other kind of lightning sources. Please request additional lights when you book our hotel next time, to be sure, though we can deal with such request on-site.

We hope you will remain a valued customer.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The rooms were a nice size i think for Japan standards. The walk from Meguro is 20 min. and is mostly downhill bypassing some grocery stores and restaurants. The Meguro station is on the JR which is very convenient and there is a closer subway line called Shirokanedai which is also convenient. They have good restaurants and the bar had a live jazz duo playing when we arrived. The only negative is that you have to pay for the pool and the health-club but the experience is worth it. An interesting note is that the temple where the graves for the 47 Ronin are a short walk away. Being near some embassy's the roads are wide and new

Room Tip: We chose this hotel using Starwood points
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
As for your commentary regarding charge of gym, our health club is mainly open to local memberships.
Please understand that this facility is not exclusive for hotel guests and we charge both local members and hotel guests the usage fee or SPG point, however SPG platinum member is given free access benefit.
The live Jazz performance in our lobby lounge is very popular among our guests.
Also we hold Sheraton Social Hour in our bar from everyday from 17:00pm to 20:00 pm. You can enjoy Starwood’s Specialty Select Wine by the glass from the excellent winery all over the continent.
We hope you will remain a valued customer.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I always stay at Sheraton Miyako Hotel whenever I'm in Tokyo as it's conveniently located - near my office in Japan and it also provides free shuttles to the nearest stations (MEguro), as well as to Shinagawa, making commute a breeze.

Sheraton Miyako is not only reasonably priced, the service staff is also very friendly and professional.

My last stay at Sheraton Miyako was in May and since then I had a couple of trips, so I hadn't unpacked my Japan bag (yes, I have 2 different bags since I travel often and pre packing 2 bags make things easier). 1 whole month later, I realised I was missing my iPad and that I left it at the Sheraton Miyako. I dropped an inquiry, not really expecting anything. However, I received a prompt reply that they found my iPad and they asked for my address to send it to me.

Within a week, I received my iPad. I'm speechless from this experience - no other hotel in Asia where I have lost items have returned anything to me before.

I'm a loyal customer to the Sheraton Miyako from now on.

Room Tip: In Japan, they have smoking and non-smoking rooms, so be sure to state you want non-smoking room, so...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to view our hotel.
We appreciate your positive review to our hotel staff.
We take your views as a valuable suggestion then we will improve our operation and services.
We hope you will remain a valued customer. ARIGATO.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

On business, best to pre-book breakfast as vouchers cheaper than purchase on the day. Hotel is quiet but not very close to trains. Excellent shuttle service available. Taxis are plentiful and not that expensive if your office is not to far. Make sure you book a non smoking room before you travel.

Room Tip: Make sure you request in the booking non smoking rooms, as always very afficient check in in Japan...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
As you commented, we have shuttle bus service from hotel to Meguro railway & subway station. (Every 15 minute)  As you already know, our hotel is located in very quiet and safe residential area with a lot of green. Our concierge staff shows you our neighborhood by map.
Please be sure to drop in at our concierge desk next time.
All of us here hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was in Tokyo for the very first time on a business trip and I was booked in this hotel. It is not close to any nearby attraction and is a 10 minute walk uphill or downhill to the nearest train station but what makes is neat is they have a free shuttle service from 7:30 am to 10:00 pm to a station that leads you to the places every person must try and see.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
There are so many restaurants, bars and shops around Meguro station.
Better than that, A few glossary markets, 24 hours-open convenience store, 100 yen shop, liquor shop and some nice restaurants are within walking distance from the hotel.
Our excellent concierge teams prepare for various kinds of maps, information and advise the best dining and shopping plan.

Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Been to Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!