“Nice Western Style Hotel, Staff has excellent English skills” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

You added Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo to your Saves list
Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-1-50 Shirokanedai, Minato 108-8640, Tokyo Prefecture (Shinagawa / Gotanda)   |
Ranked #27 of 98 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Nice Western Style Hotel, Staff has excellent English skills”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Nice large rooms by Japanese standards. A Western Hotel,not a Japanese experience. Only about $60 US dollars by private car from Honeda Int'l Airport inTokyo. Fairly close to a subway station. In sort of a residential section, so a bit of hike to restaurants. Stayed there 2 days. Staff is very customer focused, speak excellent English.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms in quiet neighborhood, no need to worry about traffic noise
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I am very pleased with your positive comment to my staffs..
I am sure to pass along your kind remarks to my team.

Our hotel is located in one of Tokyo’s rich residential area so it is true that it is 7-8 minutes’ walk from the hotel to the nearest 24 hours-open convenience store.
We operate free shuttle service to JR Meguro station leaving about every 15 minutes and I recommend to use this shuttle for your shopping and dining out.
Our concierge prepare for various kind of maps, information so please get the advice there before you go out.

We appreciate your sincere feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Guest Sevice
Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I've stayed at many Sheraton properties over the years and have seen the good and the bad. This hotel, whilst nice, is starting to feel ever so slightly dated. The reminiscence of the Miyako chain hotels is still evident, although it does have splashes of the Sheraton feel. As a SPG gold member my upgrade was available at check in even though the hotel was booked out and we arrived very late. So a big plus to the hotel for looking after their members.

Rooms are adequately appointed and very comfortable. Nothing beats a heavenly bed. Staff are friendly and accommodating. The breakfast is nice but nothing special. There is a lovely Japanese garden which should be visited. Due to the location of the hotel it really isn't near anything so you either walk or use the free shuttle service to Meguro station leaving about every 15 minutes.

For me my only complaints would be, I'd like a little more light in the rooms at night, not just ambient lighting. For example there is no main light in the bedroom only light sources come from lamps. At the moment as I look up there are a mixture of 6 sprinklers,smoke alarm and sensors in the roof but not a single light???? My only other peeve is an aircon thermostat box from the 70's on the wall, which gives it that dated feeling.

I would recommend this hotel over the Sheraton Grande in Tokyo any day of the week. They are chalk and cheese.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your staying at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo.
I also thank you for taking your time to write an excellent and precise comment about us.
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.
We are sorry for the shortage of light in your room.
We can provide table lamp or other kind of lightning sources. Please request additional lights when you book our hotel next time, to be sure, though we can deal with such request on-site.

We hope you will remain a valued customer.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The rooms were a nice size i think for Japan standards. The walk from Meguro is 20 min. and is mostly downhill bypassing some grocery stores and restaurants. The Meguro station is on the JR which is very convenient and there is a closer subway line called Shirokanedai which is also convenient. They have good restaurants and the bar had a live jazz duo playing when we arrived. The only negative is that you have to pay for the pool and the health-club but the experience is worth it. An interesting note is that the temple where the graves for the 47 Ronin are a short walk away. Being near some embassy's the roads are wide and new

Room Tip: We chose this hotel using Starwood points
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
As for your commentary regarding charge of gym, our health club is mainly open to local memberships.
Please understand that this facility is not exclusive for hotel guests and we charge both local members and hotel guests the usage fee or SPG point, however SPG platinum member is given free access benefit.
The live Jazz performance in our lobby lounge is very popular among our guests.
Also we hold Sheraton Social Hour in our bar from everyday from 17:00pm to 20:00 pm. You can enjoy Starwood’s Specialty Select Wine by the glass from the excellent winery all over the continent.
We hope you will remain a valued customer.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I always stay at Sheraton Miyako Hotel whenever I'm in Tokyo as it's conveniently located - near my office in Japan and it also provides free shuttles to the nearest stations (MEguro), as well as to Shinagawa, making commute a breeze.

Sheraton Miyako is not only reasonably priced, the service staff is also very friendly and professional.

My last stay at Sheraton Miyako was in May and since then I had a couple of trips, so I hadn't unpacked my Japan bag (yes, I have 2 different bags since I travel often and pre packing 2 bags make things easier). 1 whole month later, I realised I was missing my iPad and that I left it at the Sheraton Miyako. I dropped an inquiry, not really expecting anything. However, I received a prompt reply that they found my iPad and they asked for my address to send it to me.

Within a week, I received my iPad. I'm speechless from this experience - no other hotel in Asia where I have lost items have returned anything to me before.

I'm a loyal customer to the Sheraton Miyako from now on.

Room Tip: In Japan, they have smoking and non-smoking rooms, so be sure to state you want non-smoking room, so...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to view our hotel.
We appreciate your positive review to our hotel staff.
We take your views as a valuable suggestion then we will improve our operation and services.
We hope you will remain a valued customer. ARIGATO.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

On business, best to pre-book breakfast as vouchers cheaper than purchase on the day. Hotel is quiet but not very close to trains. Excellent shuttle service available. Taxis are plentiful and not that expensive if your office is not to far. Make sure you book a non smoking room before you travel.

Room Tip: Make sure you request in the booking non smoking rooms, as always very afficient check in in Japan...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
As you commented, we have shuttle bus service from hotel to Meguro railway & subway station. (Every 15 minute)  As you already know, our hotel is located in very quiet and safe residential area with a lot of green. Our concierge staff shows you our neighborhood by map.
Please be sure to drop in at our concierge desk next time.
All of us here hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was in Tokyo for the very first time on a business trip and I was booked in this hotel. It is not close to any nearby attraction and is a 10 minute walk uphill or downhill to the nearest train station but what makes is neat is they have a free shuttle service from 7:30 am to 10:00 pm to a station that leads you to the places every person must try and see.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
There are so many restaurants, bars and shops around Meguro station.
Better than that, A few glossary markets, 24 hours-open convenience store, 100 yen shop, liquor shop and some nice restaurants are within walking distance from the hotel.
Our excellent concierge teams prepare for various kinds of maps, information and advise the best dining and shopping plan.

Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Reservations
I made through travel agent, good rate, and non-smoking room, I got a smoking room, then I got a dog room that smelled bad. Finally I got a good person at the front desk. Her name was Ito san (Sheraton please take notice) and she was so very helpful the entire stay and got us into a nice room. Thanks!
The room that worked for us had a balcony and we could get fresh air, it was a little bit more expensive. I suggest brining bottles of water with you… as the room only had one free bottle and we were quite thirsty from travel. The room was nice sized for Japan and we were not bothered by noise.

Breakfast
The buffet has a nice selection of items including fresh fruits. Often there is a waiting long to get seated. The buffet are is quite crowded. I stayed several days and also tried the set breakfast it was fine but slow and wait in line.

There is some excellent food at the Megruo station area. Don't miss the Japanese pork place. Nice little park called Happon En it is 5 min walk from hotel and very peaceful.

Room Tip: Suggest you contact hotel directly and tell them what type of room you want. They have lots of smok...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
I am very sorry to provide you with smoking room at first. Though 70% of our hotel room is non-smoking room, we cannot meet 100% of guest’s requirement.
I am very pleased with your positive evaluation to our front staff, and I passed along your kind remarks to her and front team.

Our peak time in the morning is around 8 am on weekdays. There are three restaurants offering breakfast within the hotel and we also have room-service breakfast, however, it rarely happens all the seats are taken. We strive to take the necessary corrective measures for the purpose of eliminating congestion status.

We have shuttle bus service from hotel to Meguro railway & subway station. (Every 15 minute)
There are so many restaurants, bars and shops around Meguro station.

We are thankful you chose to stay with us & look forward to seeing you again then next time

Sincerely
Guest Service
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minato
Park Hotel Tokyo
The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection
Shinagawa / Gotanda
The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo
Royal Park Hotel The Shiodome, Tokyo

Been to Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!