“DO NOT EXPECT ANY UPGRADES” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo to your Saves list
Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-1-50 Shirokanedai, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 108-8640, Japan   |
Ranked #34 of 92 Hotels in Minato
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
“DO NOT EXPECT ANY UPGRADES”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed at this Sheraton Miyako Tokyo from 6-11 April 2013. Even though I am a Starwood Platinum member, no automatic upgrades were given. When asked, they said "not here". It is just an OK hotel for business and the "Breakfast" did not change at all - same things served (buffet) everyday.

Room Tip: Rooms are smaller than at Sheratons inother countries - Japanese "size" I guess.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Guest Service at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
It is with great regret and concern that you had a bad experience while staying in my hotel.
Regarding Platinum upgrade, we don't have any junior or standard suite rooms. In our hotel. There are 3 executive suites and 3 Imperial suites here, but platinum members are not eligible for an upgrade to such suite rooms.
So we upgrade Platinum guests for our Luxury room (40square meters) as a best available room.
I regret our front office staff didn't explain our room configuration or our upgrade regulation for SPG Platinum guests.
They surely try to upgrade SPG platinum members to renovated superior / deluxe rooms just as “club” equivalent based upon availability at check in. It would be grateful if you kindly understand our hotel’s setting and I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Our family of four (teenage and tween) stayed here for four nights in April 2013. The room was modern and well equipped right down to the complimentary toiletries and big fluffy white towels. There is a free bus service that takes you to the train station and there is a Starbucks and 7-11 within an easy walk. The concierge service was the finest that we've seen. It was a very comfortable stay and we would use this hotel again without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback and for taking the time to post your comments.
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.
As you commented, we have shuttle bus service from hotel to Meguro railway & subway station. (Every 15 minute)
There are so many restaurants, bars and shops around Meguro station.
Better than that, A few glossary markets, 24 hours-open convenience store, 100 yen shop, liquor shop and some nice restaurants are within walking distance from the hotel.
Our excellent concierge teams prepare for various kinds of maps, information and advise the best dining and shopping plan

I am very happy to see a word of praise given to our concierge desk and am sure to pass along your kind remarks to concierge team.

We are thankful you chose to stay with us & look forward to seeing you again then next time.

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

One of my favorite hotels but not for the rooms or comfort. This hotel is unusual in that for tokyo the value is very high because the location is excellent! It's very easy to access the subway system as the hotel has regular shuttle service to two subway stations on the JR Yaminoto Line, Meguro and Shinagawa stations. It's easy to get to and from the airport on the Narita express which I highly recommend. Even with lots of luggage it's easy, fast, fun and well priced. The service in the hotel is light years ahead of anything you'll find in America. The best concierge with good English speaking staff who are very helpful. Price is reasonable most seasons and they have one of the coolest lobby lounges with a beautiful relaxing view. A great hotel overall but don't expect the most luxurious or quiet rooms. You hear lots of noise from the other rooms above and next to you. I recommend asking for rooms near the end of the hall or bring a sound machine which produces a white noise to make it a better sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
We share your feedback with our team for the purpose of improving our operations and services for future guests.
I am very happy to hear about your positive experience at our concierge desk and am sure to pass along your kind remarks to concierge team.
We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you soon.

Luxembourg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

First time I've ever had a room *downgrade* due to overbookings. I've had upgrades before and even been offered alternative hotels at equal or better room standard. My two night stay April 23/24 was booked in advance but the room type selected wasn't available so I was offered a lower standard room. I find this a strange and disappointing approach to managing a customer's experience.

To be fair, in other respects the hotel and staff were great. Maybe it was just bad luck, but there are a lot of hotels in Tokyo, so I struggle to justify giving this one a second chance, I'll go elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: From my experience, there's not much you can do here if you don't get what you choose in the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Guest Service at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest
We are very sorry for the downgrade on your stay .
It is completely our fault to have overbooking and I understand that it might be difficult for you to accept our apology but hope that this response will help.
And I thank you for your giving us a kind comment to our staff and the hotel in spite the fact that you had a very bad experience all along.
Overbooking seldom occur in my hotel, however, our management will remedy our room reservation control measures.
We appreciate your sincere feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Juan-les-Pins, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've been quite a few times in this hotel. Usually, being Tokyo rather big, you need to select a hotel close-by to the place where you will have meetings. Therefore, I assume this hotel would be interesting for people having meetings between Shinagawa-Gotanda-Osaki-Ebisu area.

The hotel is pretty "far" from the buzz of the city, being in a residential area. It might be annoying not be able to walk into streets with dozens of restaurants, or close to a big metro/train junction. There's a free shuttle to Shinagawa (in the morning) and Meguro (the rest of the day), or you can walk a bit and reach some metro stations; but still it takes time.

The hotel itself is nice, without being extraordinary. Overall, it would need some refreshments. Rather dim, with decent size rooms. The spa/gym is very nice (but not fro free), with a nice swimming-pool, a fully equipped gym and sauna.

Would recommend if you need to be in the area, otherwise Tokyo has probably better choices.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
The hotel is 4 minutes’ walk to the nearest subway station and we operate free shuttle bus service to the train station(5 min journey) every 15 minutes.
So I recommend you to get the best advice from our Tokyo travel expert in concierge desk prior to going out.

New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Given a wide variety of reviews I saw on this site, I was not sure what to expect. The staff and service was excellent. The room I stayed in was very comfortable and must have been one of them that was recently renovated. It is what I would expect from a higher-end Sheraton. I had a garden view room, which was very nice and peaceful. It marks for a relaxing experience after the hustle and bustle of Central Tokyo. The gym was fair at best, and the spa service was excellent and a pretty good value (for an international chain hotel).

In terms of location, I thought that this would be a remote location based on the postings on this site. While it is not right next to Tokyo Station or the Imperial Palace, the metro/ Subway stop is less than a 5 minute walk. If a tourist cannot walk five minutes to the metro in Tokyo, I am not sure how they would expect to get around the main sites in the city. The hotel also offers regular shuttles to Meguro and Shinagawa stations during the day and early evening.

This hotel also has a pretty good rate for central Tokyo, and I would not pass on this place if you need to manage your budget. It is a good value, and I would stay here on my next visit to Tokyo if it were for pleasure now that I have a better understanding of getting out and about.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We are pleased to notice that you are enjoying your stay with us.
I reviewed your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, assuring you that we do take all comments seriously, appreciating all the constructive and fair feedback as well, and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues.
We hope you will remain a valued customer.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I treated my best friend, who is currently working in Japan, to a night here. It was my first welcome to Japan and Tokyo. We had a room with two single beds. We pretty much just crashed that first night and had a great sleep. Next morning, we went to the MiniMart/Family Mart (there are some within walking distance) and picked up what we needed for breakfast.

What really made this place special was the concierge, who really went out of her way to help us. I had lost my iPad charger and she called ahead to a nearby Bic Camera to make sure they had one in stock for me. She also printed us out detailed directions to a (special to me) but obscure temple in western Tokyo. With her aid, we easily found it.

It was a Sheraton hotel offering the service of a W - if you understand the Starwood chain, you'll know the W is pretty much on top.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Tokyo_Santa, Guest Service at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.

Guest Sevice
Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Been to Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!