“An oasis away from the hustle and bustle of Tokyo” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo to your Saves list
Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-1-50 Shirokanedai, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 108-8640, Japan   |
Ranked #33 of 92 Hotels in Minato
“An oasis away from the hustle and bustle of Tokyo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is fast becoming my home away from home. I have other choices to stay, including the nearby Westin, but i return here time after time.
The main reason is its value. Its prices are reasonable compared to its peers.
Yes, it's outdated and needs updating, especially the standard rooms on the lower floors. However, where else can you stay in Tokyo under 20,000 yen and have a Japanese garden view right outside your room? Not many,
My western colleagues prefer to stay in glitzy Shibuya (Cerulean) and Shinjuku (Hilton, Keio, Hyatt), but after a long day at work, I'd rather stay in a peace and quiet of ultra-exclusive Shirolanedai.
Note for visitors: there are no restaurants close by, but a shuttle bus to Meguro runs every 15 min.

• Stayed January 2013
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback and for taking the time to post your comments.
We are pleased to hear that you are always enjoying your stay with us.
We still continue to invest in refurbishment.
Thank you once again for choosing our hotel as always.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Guest Service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Ok I'll start off by saying I'm not the most seasoned traveller in Tokyo. I picked the location close to shinagawa and meguro station as well as shirokenadai subway station. I was a clean well cared for place. Good facilities, small gym, extra large lane pool. Great Chinese restaurant and a super buffet breakfast. Great knowledgable staff.
Downfall, always smoke smell near elevators even on non smoking floor (if they really exist). I'm a big traveller in Asia so I'm used to newer properties and this one needs a renovation badly.

All in all for Tokyo. It seems like a good value

Room Tip: Join starwood preferred guest program
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Tokyo_Santa, Guest Service at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your staying at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo.
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
We are very sorry for the smell of smoke near the elevator hall even on non smoking floor.
Actually housekeeping deal with smoke odor treatment in the corridor of non-smoking floor,
However we can’t get rid of smoke completely because still we accommodate smoking guests.
I share your feedback with our team and we will introduce further countermeasure of smoke smell.
Furthermore, we are renovating our guest rooms little by little and we just finished renovating the whole guest rooms on the 4th floor.

Stavern, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel is nice and not too big. It is located adjacent to a nice garden giving a nice atmosphere. The rooms are well equipped, clean and with nice bathrooms. It has a nice bar in the reception area. It is located in a relatively quiet area, but still in acceptable distance from several attractions.

Room Tip: The upper rooms have a nice view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Tokyo_Santa, Guest Service at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.
Our concierge guide the fastest way to various destinations for you to make good use of your time. Subway system is very convenient here. Our concierge also arrange restaurant, sightseeing, shopping plan and whatever.
Okinawa, Japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Upon walking into the hotel all I could smell was cigarette smoke. When checking into the room, I asked for a non-smoking room. I was told that it was not previously selected on the reservation. By the way, during booking I did not notice a place to select a smoking or non-smoking room. I was told that the room had been deep cleaned and that I would not smell any smoking. Keep in mind, I did tell the desk clerk that my child had asthma. We were given a room on the 3rd floor. However throughout the rest of the day I noticed that we were on a smoking floor so one room was not going to make a difference with the smoke. While going to the room it seemed like we were stepping back into the 70’s literally. It looked like a scene form Scarface. With regards to the bathroom, I have not seen a brown sink or tub in years. I booked the hotel for 3 nights but only stayed for 1. Needless to say while checking out the desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. She even offer to put us in another room, but I had made reservation else were and just wanted out. I would definitely not stay at the hotel again because the smoke is unbearable for non-smokers!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tokyo_Santa, Guesut Service at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your staying at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo.
I also thank you for taking your time to write to us.
It is with great regret and concern that you had a bad experience while staying in my hotel.
We were very sorry we couldn’t provide you with non-smoking room because all the non-smoking room was fully booked on that day.
And please accept my apology on behalf of our front staff at your check in who couldn’t prioritize the guest demand appropriately.
I share your feedback with all front staffs and managers.
Currently non-smoking room is more popular so we are about to increase the number of non-smoking room.
Now at last, 70% of our hotel rooms are non-smoking.
Furthermore, we are upgrading our guest rooms little by little and we just finished renovating the whole guest rooms on the 4th floor..
In addition, we will start total ban on smoking at lobby lounge from April 1, 2013 to meet current guests’ needs. I hope the smell of cigarette smoke will be gradually disappeared in lobby area.
There has been a problem with remedial measures for a while now and let me assure to you that we are taking all the steps we can to change it.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Customer Service
Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo
Legnano, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a god location: they have shuttle bus to JR station of Meguro, but there're also two underground station at about 500 mt, on the Mita Line, which can take you directly to Otemachi and the Emperor Palace Gardens. Room is very comfortable, service is perfect as you expect in Japan. I dined at a couple of the hotel restaurants and,though the fodd has always been very good, they're far too expansive. Health club is mainly 6 treading mills and 6 bikes, but they have a wonderful pool (health club is not included in general, I took an offer with it included). The japanese gardens of the hotel are very nice and relaxing. I will probably come back.

Stayed March 2013
Tokyo_Santa, Guest Service at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.

We share your feedback with our team for the purpose of improving our operations and services for future guests.

We will start total ban on smoking at Lobby Lounge from April 1, 2013 to meet current guests’ needs and will make designated smoke room in the lobby accordingly.
We strive to provide the best hospitality throughout all aspects of our property.

In addition, we will install Link@Sheraton in the lobby area shortly so I suppose you will use brand-new Link@Sheraton on your next trip here.

Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The hotel and my stay there was very nice. Located in a quiet modern green area close to Roppongi, Shibuya and Shinagawa. Every 15 minutes, from 9.23 to late evening there is a free shuttle to subway Shirokanedai and Shirokanetakanava, also shuttle to JR stations Shinagawa and Meguro. Shuttle bus from Narita airport (to 6 hotels, including Sheraton Miyako Tokyo) costs 3000 yena. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. Staff is friendly. Wi-fi in the room worked steadily. Less - pool for fee.

Room Tip: Shuttle bus
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Tokyo_Santa, Guest Service at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest

I am very happy to hear about your positive experience in my hotel.
As a benefit of SPG platinum member, our hotel provide him or her a free access ticket to our pool and fitness club.
I hope you will remain a valued customer and give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Haven't been to Tokyo in, I think, almost three years. I chose this hotel for two reasons - very convenient for my two days of client meetings and very good price compared to many other Tokyo hotels of similar quality. My room was clean with a good bed and an excellent shower and free wifi. There were many breakfast options - I chose the Western-style buffet (which included dumplings!) and was well satisfied. My only two gripes were that check in was very, very slow - difficult to take after a long flight from Melbourne (via Sydney) and that access to the hotel's gym and pool were not free. These things were partly balanced by a friendly, helpful concierge. As I said the location of the hotel was excellent for me but some tourists might find it a little too far from the attractions of the Ginza even though the hotel runs a shuttle service to two nearby rail stations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest
We were extremely sorry to have kept you waiting long time for your check-in.
I followed up on this and shared it with our front manager and housekeeping manager to improve our check-in operation and service.
As for your commentary regarding charge of gym, our health club is mainly open to local members.
Please understand that this facilities is not exclusive for hotel guests and we charge both members and hotel guests the usage fee.
Moreover, our concierge guide the fastest way to various destinations for you to make good use of your time. Subway system is very convenient here and it takes 15 min. from the nearest subway station(4 min walk from the hotel) to Ginza area. Our concierge also arrange restaurant, sightseeing, shopping plan and whatever.
So I recommend you to get the best advice from our Tokyo travel expert in concierge desk prior to going out.

We appreciate your sincere feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Guest Service

Been to Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!