“Very good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo to your Saves list
Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-1-50 Shirokanedai, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 108-8640, Japan   |
Ranked #30 of 93 hotels in Minato
Legnano, Italy
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a god location: they have shuttle bus to JR station of Meguro, but there're also two underground station at about 500 mt, on the Mita Line, which can take you directly to Otemachi and the Emperor Palace Gardens. Room is very comfortable, service is perfect as you expect in Japan. I dined at a couple of the hotel restaurants and,though the fodd has always been very good, they're far too expansive. Health club is mainly 6 treading mills and 6 bikes, but they have a wonderful pool (health club is not included in general, I took an offer with it included). The japanese gardens of the hotel are very nice and relaxing. I will probably come back.

Stayed March 2013
Tokyo_Santa, Guest Service at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at our hotel.

We share your feedback with our team for the purpose of improving our operations and services for future guests.

We will start total ban on smoking at Lobby Lounge from April 1, 2013 to meet current guests’ needs and will make designated smoke room in the lobby accordingly.
We strive to provide the best hospitality throughout all aspects of our property.

In addition, we will install Link@Sheraton in the lobby area shortly so I suppose you will use brand-new Link@Sheraton on your next trip here.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you soon.

666 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The hotel and my stay there was very nice. Located in a quiet modern green area close to Roppongi, Shibuya and Shinagawa. Every 15 minutes, from 9.23 to late evening there is a free shuttle to subway Shirokanedai and Shirokanetakanava, also shuttle to JR stations Shinagawa and Meguro. Shuttle bus from Narita airport (to 6 hotels, including Sheraton Miyako Tokyo) costs 3000 yena. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. Staff is friendly. Wi-fi in the room worked steadily. Less - pool for fee.

Room Tip: Shuttle bus
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Tokyo_Santa, Guest Service at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest

I am very happy to hear about your positive experience in my hotel.
As a benefit of SPG platinum member, our hotel provide him or her a free access ticket to our pool and fitness club.
I hope you will remain a valued customer and give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Haven't been to Tokyo in, I think, almost three years. I chose this hotel for two reasons - very convenient for my two days of client meetings and very good price compared to many other Tokyo hotels of similar quality. My room was clean with a good bed and an excellent shower and free wifi. There were many breakfast options - I chose the Western-style buffet (which included dumplings!) and was well satisfied. My only two gripes were that check in was very, very slow - difficult to take after a long flight from Melbourne (via Sydney) and that access to the hotel's gym and pool were not free. These things were partly balanced by a friendly, helpful concierge. As I said the location of the hotel was excellent for me but some tourists might find it a little too far from the attractions of the Ginza even though the hotel runs a shuttle service to two nearby rail stations.

Dear Guest
We were extremely sorry to have kept you waiting long time for your check-in.
I followed up on this and shared it with our front manager and housekeeping manager to improve our check-in operation and service.
As for your commentary regarding charge of gym, our health club is mainly open to local members.
Please understand that this facilities is not exclusive for hotel guests and we charge both members and hotel guests the usage fee.
Moreover, our concierge guide the fastest way to various destinations for you to make good use of your time. Subway system is very convenient here and it takes 15 min. from the nearest subway station(4 min walk from the hotel) to Ginza area. Our concierge also arrange restaurant, sightseeing, shopping plan and whatever.
So I recommend you to get the best advice from our Tokyo travel expert in concierge desk prior to going out.

We appreciate your sincere feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is well located and conveniently near the Shinagawa station. The rooms are in a typical Japanese style, irreproachable but small and a bit boring. The rates always include free internet.

On the negative side, there is no way to order a drink or coffee in the lobby before 10am. Also, I am always stunned by the hotels which, on top of prohibitive breakfast prices, request additional charge for espresso coffees (which should cost them a few $ cents). Typically, if after a tea or coffee, you ask for an espresso, this hotel will charge you an additional 1200 JPY (USD 12!!!).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Gesut Service at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest
It is with great regret and concern that you had a bad experience while staying in our hotel.
If you want to have coffee before 10am, both Shisen Restaurant and Café California Restaurant serve drinks during breakfast hours.
We are sorry that our buffet breakfast doesn’t include espresso, cappuccino or other special coffee service. We consider to add more kinds of drinks in our buffet breakfast.
It is my intention to share your feedback with our restaurant manager for the purpose of considering solution to such kinds of request.

Honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was our first trip to Japan. The location of the hotel was great for our family of 5 (2 adults/3 kids). There's a shuttle that runs every 15 minute to the subway station and the area is full of restaurants if you don't want to go to the city.

The hotel staff was wonderful and very accommodating for our young kids. They have wireless in the rooms and in the lobby which was great. It took us 30 minutes to get to Disneyland, so that was great.

The only thing I would recommend is if you have young children, its very hard to drag them from subway to subway and they got bored very quickly. We ended up going to Disneyland 2 days in a row since my kids were tired of walking around in the parks and shopping.

Room Tip: If you travel during the cold months, the AC's are set at a certain termpurature in all of the r...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tokyo_Santa, Manager at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to notice that you are always enjoying your stay with us.
I reviewed your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, assuring you that we do take all comments seriously, appreciating all the constructive and fair feedback as well, and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues.
We hope you will remain a valued customer.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is an update from my prior review since I go to Tokyo once a month and usually stay in this hotel.

I usually get a very god room in terms of size, but last time I stayed (March 9 to 11) I got a smaller room than usual. This should not be a big issue, if it wasn't for heat. In winter in Japan, hotels tend to heat quite a bit the rooms. At the Sheraton, you can't change that temperature. Usually I am okay there, but this time since I was in a very small room, it became really painful and I had very hard time falling asleep. The temperature in my room was about 26 degrees C or almost 80 degrees F, which is too hot for me. Big draw back from my standpoint, so make sure you ask for a big room.

Also I used the concierge service for the first time. The service was FANTASTIC. They had map of different neighborhood of Tokyo with exact fare for subway. Very helpful when you travel around Tokyo. We also asked the concierge (Fukazawa-san) to book us dinner. Since the restaurant she recommended was concerned to have non Japanese speaker guest, she spent time with them on the phone going through the menu to pre agree with them on food/price. And the restaurant was wonderful. This is beyond what you can ask from a Concierge. Also her English was close to perfect (which is a real talent in Japan).

Room Tip: Ask room away from elevator and on high floor (views are very nice)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Guest Service at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Many thanks for your patronage and for sharing your perspective with us
I am very sorry that we couldn’t provide you with your regular room (larger room) at your previous stay. There are not so many spacious rooms in my hotel actually.
And again apologize for your inconvenience of your room temperature control. It is true that our each room has no control and its temperature is managed by central heating system. Spring time temperature in Tokyo has repeatedly risen and fallen so housekeeping try to modify hotel-room temperature frequently, however it is difficult to decide the appropriate temperature for all the guests.

I am very happy to hear about your positive experience at our concierge desk and am sure to pass along your kind remarks to concierge team.

Customer Service
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've been staying in this Hotel few times during the last 5 years , recently I had to stay there for a night , and it is really a pleasure...
Service is great , staff is attentive and responsive , room is really nice , ask for renovated room ... its critical , breakfast is good as well.
Location is fine , a 5-7 min Tax ride to Ropongi , Hiroo or Shibuya.
And for the rate of 15,500JPY I am not sure you will have better options.

Room Tip: Ask fro renovated room , in high floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo_Santa, Guest Service at Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to view our hotel.
We appreciate your positive review to our hotel staff.
The hotel is 4 minutes’ walk to the nearest subway station and we operate free shuttle bus service to the train station(5 min journey) every 15 minutes.
Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo

Been to Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo? Share your experiences!