“Excellent location / Everything we need” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Asia Center of Japan
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8-10-32 Akasaka, Minato 107-0052 , Tokyo Prefecture   |
Ranked #17 of 97 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Albuquerque NM
“Excellent location / Everything we need”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a hotel in one of the most desirable areas of Tokyo. It is close to two subway stations with four different lines that can connect you to anywhere in the city and beyond. It is in a quiet area, not like hustle bustle of chaotic Shinjuku and Shibuya. This is my second stay in a year. I liked the location, service, price and facilities. As a matter of fact it has everything we need, coin laundry room with an ironing board and a trouser press, PC in the lobby, breakfast and free bottled water. Since the hotel is in the walking distance to the National Stadium (the Olympic Stadium) I imagine it will be booked full when Tokyo will host the Olympic games in 2020. I had a single room this time. There are many reasonably priced restaurants, convenience stores and a super market in the vicinity. The room is not very small compared to many other Tokyo business hotels of similar prices. I'd give five stars but the mattress in my room was desparately in need of replacement so the four stars.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed at this hotel middle of May 2014 and I was very pleased with it. For the money and convenience of the hotel, this was best the value of any hotel I stayed at while in Japan. While Aoyama-Itchome station is not on the JR line, it was only two stops from a JR station (Yoyogi) and only one more after that to Shinjuku station (another JR line and a central hub; and I think it was 170 YEN to Shinjuku station). I know many people are saying it is a 10 minute walk, but if you take exit 4 like the hotel suggests it can not be more than 300 yards/meters to the hotel; the post office exit itself is not even a 10 minute walk to hotel. Staff was great, spoke great English and they had great tips. I recommend both Uoshin (one of the best meals I have ever had and Mocking Bird for superb Yakitori). The room itself was very clean, while small by American standards, it was slightly bigger than the rest I stayed. The only knock I have is that the only had smoking rooms (I requested non-smoking). However, the had the room cleaned and I could barely noticed the smell, but it did keep me from giving them a 5 star review. Overall great hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I read a lot of reviews. Could not decide what section of Tokyo to stay in. It doesn't matter!! The subway and train system is so great, that wherever you stay, it is about a 10 minute walk to a station. Hotel Asia Center is a great deal.
This is a small hotel on a residential street about 10 minutes walk from Aoyama-Itchome station. The staff spoke excellent English. They were so friendly and had lots of good advice. I would like to suggest you try to get into a Twin Room. There are two beds which are very comfortable. The bathroom is very small but very new. It reminded me of a cruise stateroom bathroom. If you have a foreign passport the breakfast is free and there is a lot of food. Croissants, butter, jam, hard boiled eggs, scrambled (not great), bacon. Also, congee, rice, a new smoked fish every day, salad, and miso soup. There are even two coffees, European (strong) and American (not as strong). Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: The staff will not promise a non-smoking room, but there are two floors of non-smoking. Request it...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I booked the hotel as it's less than 5 mins walk from Aoyama-Itchome station giving easy access to Shibuya, Shinjuku and Roppongi. I've split my review into the hotel and then a few tips for getting around and from the airport.
1) I would describe the hotel as a basic business hotel tucked away in a quiet side road. Yes the rooms are small and the bathroom reminded me of a capsule! However this is Tokyo and the room was at a very reasonable price. The bed was not a true double by western standard and there was no in room safe but it was ok to leave valuables behind the desk. It had a small wardrobe and desk with room to have a suitcase out but not much else. You also have a small fridge and TV. Breakfast was ok with a mix of basic Western and Japanese. The Staff on the desk were all pleasant and spoke good English. In the reception there is good Wifi and also lots of maps and Tokyo guides. Another nice touch in reception was there is a fridge with free water bottles you could help yourself to. My only negative is that when arriving at 1PM they made me wait until 2PM to check-in.
2) In terms of location from the station it's 2 stops to Shibuya, 3 stops to Shinjuku and 1 to Roppongi although you can also walk to Roppongi in 10 mins, just walk out of the hotel and when you hit the main road go left and it's straight all the way. You also pass Tokyo midtown en route.
From Narita airport take the Narita express which stops at Shibuya then the metro to Aoyama-Itchome. Make sure you use Exit 4 East. There's also a handy map on the hotel website showing its location from the metro.
In summary I stayed 4 nights and would happily stay again for the price.

Stayed May 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

A very good Tokyo hotel for the price. We were in the older block, so the room was a bit worn, but it was clean and comfortable. There is a step up to the bathroom, but we managed not to stub a toe on it, even late at night. Breakfast was good and there is plenty of seating. The staff was very helpful and recommended great restaurants. We were skeptical of the fish restaurant they recommended every time we asked, (Uoshin) but when we finally did go, it was probably the best meal we had in Japan.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ulsan, Ulsan, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Me and my husband stayed at this hotel at the beginning of May and we were quite pleased with it. The price was about 80 dollars a night and included breakfast buffet. Breakfast was nice, though if you intend to stay a long period of time you may get bored of the selections. We stayed for three nights and enjoyed the western style and Japanese style breakfasts.

The room itself was very clean. We only had a simple double room, but the bed was big enough for both of us. The tub is very deep as well, so if you are of average height you can sink down well enough. I will say that the 100 yen you must pay in the lobby to use their computers seemed silly, especially since they froze a lot of the time and its 100 yen/10 minutes. The wireless in the room you need a LAN connection. I think they would benefit more if the hotel had wireless in the rooms.

We were on a high floor and had a view of Tokyo tower which was very nice. This hotel is also a very handy five minute walk from the subway and various convenience stores and restaurants.

As a note as well, while we were there we had the unfortunate luck of experiencing a Mag 6 earthquake at 5am. The building did not obviously fall down.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone looking to experience Tokyo. Good to its name, it is definitely centrally located.

Room Tip: A high floor may get you a better view, especially at night!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This hotel was a great find - it offers really good value in a central location. Room wasn't the largest I've seen, but more than adequate. The entire hotel and room was spotlessly clean and included breakfast which was also excellent. Free wifi and bottled water in the lobby and wired in the rooms is a nice touch. Staff very helpful. Its not the easiest place to find, so have the address in Japanese to show a taxi driver.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Asia Center of Japan? Share your experiences!