“good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 stars 1,799 Reviews
Pleasanton, California
“good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

we went there for one week and we liked the hotel - we travel with 2 adult and 2 babies(2 years and 10 months) staff are friendly like any japanese hotel but they don't speak good english, sometime we had hard time comunicate with them
we need roll a way bed - they charged $80 per day,
looks like they had great pool and spa but they charged $30 per person on first day and $15 for second day - which i think too much, i think it should be free for guest and if you have kids like us don't tell them we will do swiming - they are not allow person under 18, we had hard time explain to 2 years old...
room was really clean, i mean really clean - usually hotel didn't clean bath tub not very well, even nice hotel's tub have soap/water stain but this one was spotless everynight
breakfast was good - didn't changed menu whole week but no complain, they had good japanese style(soup, rice, fish...)and western style and really good coffee!!
location was little far from main tokyo, you have to take monorail which is really clean and nice and it go through brige so it was fun with kids but each way can be coast up to $4 and don't take a taxi, very expensive
good hotel for someone who don't want to be in the middle of tokyo
and if any one travel with kids - DO NOT bring stroller, we had hard time in subway, hotel door(we have double) getting around city, lots of place don't have elevator!!
oh, did i mention this place have free bus service to Disney!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

For the price and considering you are in Tokyo, the rooms are of a good size and quality for the price. The compromise is that you are a 15min monorail journey from the more central area of Tokyo (Shimbashi) so the Tokyo vibe is not on your doorstep. However it is very relaxing and peaceful in Daiba, as is the monorail journey and the station is right on the hotel's doorstep.
I could not really fault anything - service great, room spotless & modern, beds totally comfortable and rooms very quiet. I think all the rooms have a balcony and view over the bay, although ours was not on the bridge side of the hotel - so it may be worth asking for that as that view is lovely at night, but ours wasn't bad - it overlooked a park with autumnal trees.
Bathrooms were modern, very clean, not huge but not too pokey and loved the warm toilet seat. The toiletries provided were very nice.
Apart from CNN and pay movies the tv is in Japanese, so the children were not amused!
As seems to be the Tokyo norm you pay to use the pool (3000yen pp) so we did not go, nor did we try the restaurants, preferring to eat in "town".

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

Our stay at the Nikko Odaiba was AMAZING! When we arrived at the hotel the staff was very pleasant and most spoke fluent engilsh. The rooms on the 14th floor had a really wonderful view of the Tokyo Bay. Lovely during the day and evening. The rooms were very spacious and all had balconies. The bathrooms were really lux. There is a window from the bathroom into the room so, you can view the beautiful view while taking a shower or bath. But, if you want privacy there is a curtain that can be lowered. The area in Daiba is very much like a resort, not crazy busy like in midtown Tokyo so, it was a really relaxing environment. There were plenty of places to shop near by and there was even a food court next to the hotel in Aqua City with a Toys R Us. The monorail is right next to the hotel and it is fun to ride and look at the view. It costs 310yen one way but, if you plan to travel on it more than 3 times during the day then they have an all day pass for 800yen. We went to LaLa Port Mall in Toyosu at one end of the monorail to shop and the kids played in the park nearby, then we went back to the hotel to drop off our bags and then continued to Shimbashi the other end of the monorail to go shopping again in Harajuku. After a few hours there and dinner we came back to the hotel. It was a fun day. The hotel staff are very pleasant and helpful. If we needed any information we would just call and ask the frontdesk and they would have someone print out a map for us and help give us directions. The only drawback from the hotel is that they show that there is a pool at the hotel but, unfortunately the pool is only for guests 18years and older. The kids were disappointed by this but, we found other distractions for them. The internet does cost 2100yen but, it is per stay and not per day so, that isn't too bad.
The breakfast buffet came with our rooms and it was really good. Also, if you want to try a fun way to get to Asakusa then take a ride on the Water Bus. It is a 3 min walk from the hotel and it will take you to Asakusa. All in all the stay was AMAZING and I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a fun and relaxing stay in Tokyo.

SAN FRANCISCO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I booked an "OCEAN VIEW" room with expedia, which costed over $300 a night. I was expecting that I will at least see the ocean from my room. They ended up giving me the room at the end of the hallway, which if you go out to the balcony and turn your head really hard, you can see some ocean. But the majority of the view was just a wall of the back of the other side of the hotel.

I brought my dissappointment up with the hotel management and the staff basically said this is what you paid for, live with it. An upgrade to a room with a better view is simply NOT an option without paying another $50. It's not the cash that I am trying to save, but the fact that it advertised "OCEAN VIEW" and all I got was a big brown wall pisses me off.

About the hotel, it's a typical Japanese big chain hotel, glamorous but slightly dated. Service is good in general, with a hint of snottiness. The location is great if you want to stay away from the smoky old Tokyo area such as Shinjuku or Shibuya.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

It was our first trip to japan (my wife and I) and we wanted a place that we would be able to rest and not feel like we were in a small space. This hotel was far better than I thought. Internet for the stay was about $20 in room. Consider most hotels in Canada and the US charge $10 per day this is good if you plan on staying more than two nights. I stayed for four. The pool area is about $30 for the stay and its a nice big pool with a hot springs pool over looking the amazing rainbow bridge.

As for the hotel. The staff were very friendly and willing to help. The area around this hotel is great for just walking around and is not in Tokyp per se. In order to get in the city you have to take a mono rail which is out the front door and costs about $3 give or take each way. Then you have to transfer to the metro lines which are cheap at about $2. The ride is about 10 minutes and in my view very worth it since I did not feel like I was worrying about space. The boardwalk outside the hotel is BEAUTIFUL and if you like to take photos day or night stay here. There is a beach area that also is nice. I did not go there but its close to the hotel. There is also about 3 malls close to the hotel. They are average at best though. A restaurant that the name eludes me now is a few blocks from the hotel and serves cheap food for late night eaters. Its just past the malls on the other side of the street. All or most of the restaurants close about 9am so its early. I would suggest getting breakfast included in your rate as well. Its $30 give or take ther 2800 yen. I got it for $10 canadian in my rate.

so overall a great hotel. I went with the park view or whatever but you can go with the bay view for a little more. Loved this hotel. oh yeah shuttle to disney is free from the hotel. To get there from the airport take the airport limo and its a good ride.

hope this helps

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Nikko Tokyo? Share your experiences!