“One of the best in town.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 95 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
4.5 of 5 stars 1,799 Reviews
Falkenberg, Sweden
“One of the best in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was my first experience of Nikko Hotel in Tokyo. This hotel had a great atmosphere. The room is very tastefully decorated. The room I stayed in was really large and the bed and al the pillows where excellent. Bathroom had a separate shower as well as a bath with shower over as well. The service was excellent. I had the breakfast in my room. Excellent selection, good coffee, and real toaster. Overall a very pleasant stay that I could would recommend. I will try to stay here
when I'm in Tokyo.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Love everything about the hotel!!!
1. Great Location to explore Daiba area: 3 large shopping malls within walking distance, a mono rail station just beside the hotel. Good Neighbor Shuttle (reservations required) provides complimentary bus service between the Hotels and Tokyo Disney Resort.
2. Good Service: We are not happy with the room(5th floor), can't even see the ocean view and my boyfriend made a complaint and straight away they we move to the second last floor :) with great view. The staff are all very polite and helpful. Thumbs up:)
3. Accommodation: We are very lucky to get the high floor without any obstruction a nice view of Tokyo Bay with Rainbow Bridge which was lit up pretty at night. . A very large room with a balcony facing the ocean. A large bathroom and bathtub with full room amenities.
Overall great stay and highly recommended

Room Tip: Get the higher floor to have a great view of tokyo bay and rainbow bridge
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great hotel location for Disney and Daiba area of Tokyo. The only thing I was really disappointed about was the fitness center and having to pay to use the pool, which was almost thirty dollars Canadian per person, per day!!! The fitness center which was free, consisted of two universal machines that were impossible to use and while they did have english instructions that consisted of laminated pages hooked together with a metal ring they were impossible to follow and there was no one to ask questions. They also had a cool machine that measured body fat and everything but yet again everything was in Japanese and no english instructions at all. Now back to the good stuff. We used the Mediterranean themed restaurant for breakfast because it had a phenomenal variety of Japanese and western items to choose from. The only negative thing I could think about was the bacon which was really only flamed kissed and barely cooked in my humble opinion. Everyone at the hotel was extremely helpful and went above and beyond when they could. They had an IT person call my room directly when I was having issues with my iPhone and the wifi. We stayed on the 13th floor and while we didnt have a skyline view of downtown Tokyo it was still amazing looking out over the daiba train station and the fuji tv station. My son and I had no problem getting there from narita airport and the main downtown parts of Tokyo. Despite the costly pool and useless fitness center I can't would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I did travel with my son but he was 16 so we really didn't use any children activities and while...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed here for 4nights and I'm glad as I secured a good rate from booking.com. Hospitality of Nikko hotels employee are impeccable. Always smiling and greets us whenever they see me. Room is clean.. Bed is comfy and room size is moderate and comfortable. Foods and shopping can be done easily as there is a connecting shopping mall nearby. Train station is also 3minutes away. Nothing to fault this hotel except for its TV channels.. Couldn't find any international channel. Overall.. Good stay! I'm happy with this hotel..

• Stayed August 2013
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We divided our stay in Tokyo between Hotel Nikko Tokyo and Hotel Chinzanso. Though Chinzanso was also a lovely place, Nikko was definitely my favorite. I liked the resort like atmosphere and design of the room, which I had not expected from a hotel in Tokyo. It had a nice view of Tokyo Bay with Rainbow Bridge which was lit up pretty at night. Odaiba itself has a feeling of mini resort with a small beach and entertainment facilities. I had a nice walk from the hotel to the beach where I even saw some fish swimming and jumping. I could not believe that it was a part of Tokyo bay... It may not be located in central Tokyo but you do not have any problems with eating and shopping. The hotel itself has several restaurants and there are plenty other options near by. For shopping, there are a few shopping centers in the area selling all kind of things (I should say more fashion oriented) and they are open until 9 pm every day. There is even a hot spring place not far from the hotel if you wish to try.
It is really a convenient place in the end.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed here for 7 nights in mid july 2013 and are so glad we did. We actually loved the fact that it is situated away from the heart of tokyo as it gave us a quiet and calming retreat after each crazy day's outing. There was plenty to do in Odaiba anyway so the location worked out well for us.

The room was large for Tokyo's standard. Needless to say the view of tokyo bay from the rooms are breathtaking. We had a gorgeous view of the rainbow bridge despite just staying in an ocean view room. We used the hotel's free shuttle services to disneyland and disneysea and it was really good, but be sure to book them well in advance, may be even as you check in!

The hotel personnel were delightfully polite and respectful from the bellhop right through to random staffers you'd cross path with, nothing beats Japanese hospitality! A rollaway bed was set up for us free of charge and without us having to request it and the kids also received miniature versions of the hotel PJs and slippers.

The only things that were a bit on the nose (pun intended) were the herbal-medicine-ish smell generally in the hallway (must be just the type of clearning products they used) and that the mattresses were a bit hard for my liking (heard this is generally preferred in japan and korea).

All in all we had a wonderful stay and will be recommending this hotel to our friends! Thanks hotel Nikko.

Room Tip: choose a higher floor for better views!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed in 1999 when it was still 3rd year since its opened.
Had an impression that Le meridien next to it had a better view as they have a higher floors. However, the room itself was quite nice.
Nothing to complain - if you decide to stay in Odaiba area, its a comfortable and clean hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Nikko Tokyo? Share your experiences!