“The wife loves it” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Minato
Bellingen NSW
“The wife loves it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I love going to Japan and the good lady will join me on the condition that we stay at the Hotel Nikko for a few days before we fly back to Australia. I have to say that I quite like it but frankly we use it mostly as a place to get some much needed rest after a busy day of shopping, site seeing, exercise and of course eating, and in that regard it's excellent. Compared to other places that we've stayed at in Tokyo, the hotel Nikko is as quiet as a mouse. Also worth mentioning is the good level of service, comfortable room (bed, facilities etc) and that the general area around it is nice to wander around with pleasant views. If I travel on my own I probably prefer a place more in the centre where the action, restaurants and of course the noise is. Having said that Hotel Nikko is but a civilized short rail trip to the mayhem.

Room Tip: I'd say all rooms are pretty good. I don't require a room with a view because the cafe &...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Nikko as a short stop on our honeymoon flight to Europe from New Zealand, and it was well worth the effort getting there. The hotel is a short distance out of the centre of Tokyo, however if you're looking for a nice quiet district, with some good shopping nearby in a lovely hotel, it's worth it. We opted to have an authentic Japanese breakfast one morning, and while expensive it was amazing. The service was lovely, and it's not expensive to get around so we loved it.

Room Tip: The hotel is outside central Tokyo so any floor is fine.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
KL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The hotel is so pretentious with all pleasantries and when I showed them the cockroaches in my room ( at least 10 of them and I took pictures to show the hotel staff as I can't speak Japanese) they made me wait. I stayed in the room with all these cockroaches for one night cos we only saw the cockroaches crawling all over middle of the night and I didn't want to wake my tired husband up to change rooms. All they do was keep on telling me "moment and sorry" No managers were to be sighted. I told them to settle it as I need to go out and have the room changed when I am back in the afternoon. Nothing was done when I am back and I am absolutely furious. Waited for another 45 minutes, they changed my room to a room next door with no sign of apologies except some muttering " I am sorry" from bellgirls without understanding a word of English. They behave as though cockroaches are normal in their hotel. We decided to make a big fuss and finally the manager came out after waiting for another half an hour. The manager treated us as though we are trying to ripped the hotel off because of the cockroaches. He finally upgraded us to a junior suite and thought it was a big deal!!!!!!!!!!He gave us the impression that he gave us a windfall. This is the worst hotel we stayed in Japan and they really spoilt our holidays in Tokyo. Big shame to Japanese hospitality..

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by the surface of the hotel. Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The rooms are large, comfortable and very nice. The view is stunning! The hotel itself is in Odabia with stunning view of the Rainbow bridge. Monorail is right outside hotel with easy access to and from the center of tokyo. The hotel is large and luxurious and the people are very polite and helpful. A very warm welcome when we checked-in. The restaurant is a bit expensive, but you get what you pay for. One of the best meals I've had. The same goes for the rooms. Will gladly stay here again if I can afford it. Can't find anything to complain about.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
渋谷
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

From the deck of the room, the Rainbow bridge is nice view. Some Yakatabune made nice lamp sceinary nite time. Sanitarys are good choice.

Room Tip: Center room of the building is good.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Most of all, the view for rainbow bridge is so perfect. So romantic.
The hotel is very convenient.. near by both subway station and shopping area.
Very good.. but the price is little expensive considering the room size.

Room Tip: Ocean view has the best view for rainbow bridge.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

It's probably the only hotel with balcony at Daida area. With its stunning day & night view of Tokyo skyline, I simply love it. Staff are friendy & polite. When I asked for directions to their vending machines, concierge staff not only tell me where but he took me to the vending machines and assisted me to buy a drink. How delightful was their service which suprises me.
This is a perfect location to jog/run as the park is in front of the hotel, breezy air with sea view & greenery park. I simply love Nikko Tokyo.

Room Tip: Rooms with Rainbow view is better and value for money. Dr.Ci amenities are so wonderful too.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Nikko Tokyo? Share your experiences!