Stayed here for 5 nights. Travelled as couple. Don't expect big rooms (standard for Tokyo), though the service was excellent. Convenient location.
I'd recommend getting a PASMO card if you plan on staying in Tokyo for more than a couple of days, which you can purchase from automated machines in the train station next to the hotel. Only a 2 min walk from hotel desk to train station, then only 10 min to down-town.
Free wifi in room which worked well (need to get router from front desk).
super-helpful staff, lots of bowing, though not the best English if this bothers you (didn't bother me)
Also -> Hotel has a convenience store as part of the hotel complex, which I think is 24/hours. Good place to get a full range of snacks (healthy or otherwise) or an umbrella etc if you need stuff like that. You can even pay using your Pasmo card (GET A PASMO CARD!)
There are restaurants in the area though they are a little on the pricey side, considering that Tokyo is full of cheap eats. We had breakfast at the hotel everyday though always had dinner in the city somewhere else. Buffet breakfast was top notch.
Overall, if staying in Tokyo, i'd definitely recommend this location (Daiba) close enough to the city to be in the game, though still reasonably relaxing and quiet. Some big shopping malls within easy walk too. Its also on the right side of Tokyo for Disney.
Whilst the hotel was not bad, it was a little bland, I'd probably stay at hotel Nikko next door next time as it seemed a little fancier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- European-style hotel in Odaiba district on Tokyo Bay, overlooking Rainbow Bridge, 6 km to central Tokyo, 5km to Imperial Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, JAPANiCAN, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Rakuten and Recruit Holdings Co Ltd (Inbound) so you can book your Grand Pacific Le Daiba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Pacific Le Daiba Hotel Minato
- Grand Pacific Le Daiba Minato
- Le Meridien Tokyo
- Grand Pacific Le Daiba Tokyo, Japan