Stayed for one night to attend a western-japanese wedding.
First of all, transportation to the hotel is very very convenient, as it sits next to the Daiba overground station (this is a relatively new line and even just the ride is worth it!) - we thought of taking a taxi but in the end it was easier and cheaper to travel by tube.
Rooms are pretty average European style (later found out that we had a very large room by Tokyo standards), nicely equipped bathroom (both extremely clean). Very nice views of Tokyo bay.
We arrived at 11am and were able to check-in by paying a 5,000Y supplement.
It looks like this hotel has made a speciality of weddings, with chapels, waiting rooms, and reception rooms. It was all very nicely organized and timed with the usual impeccable japanese service.
We did not try any of the restaurants due to the short stay, but if the wedding reception is a measure of the French restaurant here, it must be very good (and we are French!!), absolutely fantastic creative, light dishes with a Japanese twist. Desserts were absolutely excellent.
The hotel is very very big with large halls and hallways, escalators, and feels a bit overwhelming and impersonal. In addition to wedding parties, it seemed quite full of families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- European-style hotel in Odaiba district on Tokyo Bay, overlooking Rainbow Bridge, 6 km to central Tokyo, 5km to Imperial Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, JAPANiCAN, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Rakuten and Recruit Holdings Co Ltd (Inbound) so you can book your Grand Pacific Le Daiba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Pacific Le Daiba Hotel Minato
- Grand Pacific Le Daiba Minato
- Le Meridien Tokyo
- Grand Pacific Le Daiba Tokyo, Japan