If you're in Tokyo for day trips and shopping, this may not be the best location as it's about 20-30mins away from the main town area. However, it is peaceful and quiet and facing the waterfront. I notice that many stay here as there is a shuttle bus to Tokyo Disneyland. The prices are definitely cheaper than if you stayed in Disney itself.
The rooms are small (usual Tokyo size) but surprisingly, the toilets were much larger than usual. It was pleasant not having to dodge around the door to get from end to end, or hit myself on the basin or such like. The variety available for breakfast is good, to cater to both Asian and Western tastes. If not, there is always a convenience store just downstairs to grab a canned coffee and bun.
The train station is connected to the hotel, so that is a plus. There is a shopping mall nearby, but don't expect a great variety of shops. Enough to get by if filling an hour or 2.
One grouse i have is that they do not provide free bottled water. You have to purchase bottled water yourself, and recycle the bottles to contain the water from the kettle they provide in the room. Amenities are good though, above average i would say. If you need wifi in the room, do approach the reception to get their wifi kit, which can connect to the LAN in the room and provide wifi for your mobile/ipad right in your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- European-style hotel in Odaiba district on Tokyo Bay, overlooking Rainbow Bridge, 6 km to central Tokyo, 5km to Imperial Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, JAPANiCAN, Rakuten, Recruit Holdings Co Ltd (Inbound) and Tingo so you can book your Grand Pacific Le Daiba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Pacific Le Daiba Hotel Minato
- Grand Pacific Le Daiba Minato
- Le Meridien Tokyo
- Grand Pacific Le Daiba Tokyo, Japan