“Convenient location, big room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection

Save Saved
You added The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3-13-1 Takanawa, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 108-8612, Japan   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #9 of 94 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Cairo, Egypt
“Convenient location, big room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I had to move after finishing my conference in Tokyo to this hotel which I booked through the internet. Actually I found it so conveniently located just five minutes walk from Shinagwa station which is like a connecting point to most other subway stations. My room was big and comfy, and it overlooked a big garden, exactly as I requested. The staff were so friendly and cooperative. Housekeeping was satisfactory. I just leave the hotel and find Newsdays store, pinto cafe', seven eleven. It was also close to another group of nice hotels such as grand prince takanawa and new takanawa, prince park tower hotel, and all are accessible from the garden area on the second floor, (except prince park tower) but this was only five min walk. What I really liked about its location was the fact that the Bullet Train stops at Shinagawa station and when I go out I find my hotel, so I did not need to take any other transportation. Its price is affordable (four nights cost me $450) in a double room. I highly recommend it for tourists and people who are looking for value for money, without compromising the quality either.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The whole experience was pretty retro and that is ok. But I tried to get into the bar with my sleeping 1 year old daughter and was abruptly turned away. Ridiculous!!! I've travelled four continents and this is the first time I've had this. She's been (sleeping) to whiskey tastings, wineries, cruise ships, dive bars, the concorde room, the entire gamut of alcohol consumption but The Prince Hotel sees fit to turn her away from the door to the pissy smelling lounge buried within the confines of their beautifully retro lobby. In all fairness the rest of the hotel is pretty ace albeit stuck in a time warp at the junction between furbies and ipads.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Prince Sakura Tower was a hotel I really wanted to rate "5", but one major flaw pushed it away from that rating.

The hotel location is amazing. It is a short walk from Shinagawa railway station, up a brief incline, then you get a sense of the greenery which surrounds this hotel. The gardens are such a wonderful feature in densely populated city like Tokyo.

The entrance passes beautifully groomed and attentive door staff, and you enter a very large reception area. Reception was efficient, although there was a short queue, and I thought the staff were working to role rather than working for the customer. It wouldn't have hurt another person to open a check-in counter, rather than doing busy work while customers waited.

Rooms in this hotel are HUGE in comparison to others nearby. I had a twin room that included two beds, a sofa that could also be a bed, two small armchairs and a desk and chair. There was still plenty of room to move around.

The bathroom was split between a separate toilet on one side of the corridor, and a bath/shower/wash room on the other. Both well equipped and spacious.

Everything was going well until I went to iron a shirt for the next day. Uh-oh, no iron. With trepidation building I called housekeeping, waited for the delivery, then had my worst fears realised ... the smallest, most pathetic excuse for an ironing board I have ever had in any hotel. It was so small it didn't even have legs, just perching on the counter. I defy anyone to quickly and neatly iron any western-sized garment on this monstrosity, thus the difference between Excellent and Very Good in my hotel ratings.

I had a couple of room service meals in this hotel. They were quickly served, reasonably cooked, but expensive as most hotel food is in Japan. There were better options nearby, but the pressure of time and work did not permit me to eat out.

I'll be back in Shinagawa soon, and I'll have the choice between this hotel and Intercontinental The Strings. Prince Sakura Tower is definitely the larger room, and almost silent. The Intercontinental is five minutes closer to my office, more modern in its fittings, and has better ironing facilities. A tough choice, but if Prince Sakura Tower gave me a decent ironing board I'd come back here every time.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The hotel is very good position for every kind of subway or train. The room it' s very big with big Windows . The bathroom it' s very big with shower and jacuzzi. The toilette is in separate small room. The staff are kindly but works in very slowly way.

Room Tip: Attention if you book with Tripadvisor The rooms avable are only smoking . I complian but without r...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We just got back to the US from a 10-day trip to Japan where we stayed in 3 different hotels and this one was by far the best.

The rooms are amazingly spacious and not just to other hotel rooms in Japan. The toilet was in a separate section from the bathroom with the double sinks, shower and separate jetted tub. There were closets and a shelf to put our bags. A pair of comfortable chairs to sit in by the window.

The bed linens and towels were of good quality and they provided shower robes and sleepwear. The toiletries were plentiful, again of good quality and included bath salts for the tub.

The location has good access to transportation. The foyer was low key and we had to walk a bit to the coffee shops, restaurants and convenience stores that surround Shinagawa station but that was minor compared to the luxury of the rooms.

We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My family went to Tokyo for a week'sholiday during the Cherry Bossom period early April,2012
We booked the Prince Sakura Tower Hotel, to our surprise that the room was big with very
Nice Garden view overlook so many Sakura tree, we can also watch the Tokyo Tower with
Beautiful lights during the night time. Beside this, our bath room not only have the shower
But also a jacuzzi bath basin provided with spa salt~ very conderside. the location is good, very close to JR Station, which easy to go anywhere by Sinkansan of express train. Lots of restaurant
At the other exit of the JR station.

Room Tip: If you go to Japan during the Cherry Bossom period, better stay at this hotel or If you go further...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was my first trip to Japan and Tokyo. I went with my 17 year old daughter. From the moment the Airport Limo bus brought us to the hotel's entrance, we felt welcomed and at home. The room was larger and more luxurious than we had been prepared to receive in Tokyo and the amenities were impressive. Be sure to ask for a room with a view of the Tokyo Tower; seeing that through the large frameless picture window for the first time is breathtaking and I never got tired of it. This hotel has its own beautiful garden oasis but you are so close to everything! The Shinagawa JR train station is a stone's throw away but you can catch the hotel shuttle there and back all day if you don't feel like walking. There are shops and cafes galore all a few minutes' walk away. Don't spend your money on taxis to see the sites as the trains take you everywhere and they're really easy to figure out.
We had planned a two night "inbetween trip" to Kyoto, but after one night, we came back to our lovely room at the Prince Sakura. For us, Kyoto was a little too traditional and rustic; we thoroughly enjoyed the modern conveniences and luxuries of Tokyo and couldn't wait to get back.
I want to see a lot more of the world, but when we go back to Tokyo, we will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Tokyo Tower and unless you want to walk down a very long hallway ( I timed it...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!