We simply love STRINGS. We are frequent travellers to Tokyo and this hotel really holds a special place in our hearts. This time the hotel was FILLED...impossible to get a reservation for our whole stay. Here's what we love about it. Despite the fact that it is a corporate hotel the people there make it feel VERY comfortable and familiar while at the same time offering the very, very best professional service of almost any hotel we've ever stayed at anywhere in the world. One of the people who makes it special is BEN JOHNSON the concierge. The last time we were in Tokyo he had been transferred temporarily to their sister hotel. This time BEN was BACK! He is really fantastic. He is Australian and fun to talk to and a fountain of information! He rides his bike to work so he KNOWS this city! Also Mr. Ozawa the chef is fantastic. If one goes to the trouble to know the names of the people at the hotel you know it must be good. The houskeeping is impeccable and the last time we were there with our son the housekeeper knew we had checked out for a few days to go to Hakone and KEPT a toy that he had left behind and voila it was sitting on the pillow in the new room when we checked back in!! Now that's service! Also the location is very convenient as SHINAGAWA STATION is right there and that is one of the stations that the Narita Express from the airport stops. Also there is lots of shopping at the station and it's near a great restaurant called TY HARBOR which is on the waterway and also VIA PARTENOPE which is an Italian place with great food with another branch in EBISU called PARTENOPE. We really dream of this hotel when we are back home.
- Also Known As:
- The Strings By Intercontinental Tokyo Hotel
- The Strings By Intercontinental Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- The Strings By InterContinental Tokyo Japan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo is an island of calm amid the swirl of a fast-paced business district. Tokyo Conference Center, Shinagawa, is right here, and a sheltered walkway leads to nearby Shinagawa Station. The Sengakuji Temple, Shinagawa Aquarium, the Tsukiji fish market and the shops in Shibuya offer glimpses of local lifestyles and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.