After a couple of bad experiences with online booking, I went to the hotel and booked in person. I had the help of Concierge Mr Kato, he with questions on reservations and was also very helpful in telling us where to go for events and how to get there. We had a great time going to his selected locations and events, be sure to chat with him awhile and learn where and how to go somewhere.
We showed up at the hotel and were told a waiting room was ready for us. This was my first time to have this experience. After a long wait, basically the reserved room could not become available that night. The waiting room was the lowest level room and was a nice non-smoking room, no smell at all. The room was small, but very functional with nice bathroom. I would recommend this room. This was the first time I had a room down grade and was a bit upset. Chief concierge Ben Johnson became involved at this point and did a very good job to defuse the situation. The next day we got our upgrade to a suite. The suite living room was great with a little couch with desk to the side and the living room had a wonderful city view. The only negative thing was carpet had cigarette stains, but no smoke smell. The bedroom had a strong incense scent, but the bellboy (girl) that moved our suitcases immediately got an air filter that removed the smell and we were comfortable. Check was fast and easy the bell girl had our suitcases in the taxi and waiting for use. It was over 5000 JPY.
Be sure to have dinner at the main Hotel Restaurant, excellent Japanese Curry. Oh try the deserts! Breakfast is served here also, great eggs Benedict and excellent service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo is an island of calm amid the swirl of a fast-paced business district. Tokyo Conference Center, Shinagawa, is right here, and a sheltered walkway leads to nearby Shinagawa Station. The Sengakuji Temple, Shinagawa Aquarium, the Tsukiji fish market and the shops in Shibuya offer glimpses of local lifestyles and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, IHG, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strings By Intercontinental Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- The Strings By InterContinental Tokyo Japan