I stayed at The Strings in May 2012 on a business travel. The hotel itself is great, rooms are extremely clean and spacious (for Japan standards the size is very good), nice views, internet speed is outstanding, toiletry is high quality and I can keep going.
Breakfest was very good and it's served in the lobby area.
It's very close to Shinagawa station, so you can get to virtually everywhere within Tokyo.
I know this hotel is expensive, fortunately in my case, the company paid for it, but I assure that it is well worth it.
The area is full of offices, so you'll have lots of bars and restaurants.
On thing that I must say is that I had a problem with the shower, spoke to the front desk about this, and in a matter of minutes I had a guy from the hotel apologizing about the inconvenient and in the meantime, 2 plumbers were fixing the shower. So in 10 minutes, the issue was solved. Customer Service is excellent.
I really recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo is an island of calm amid the swirl of a fast-paced business district. Tokyo Conference Center, Shinagawa, is right here, and a sheltered walkway leads to nearby Shinagawa Station. The Sengakuji Temple, Shinagawa Aquarium, the Tsukiji fish market and the shops in Shibuya offer glimpses of local lifestyles and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, IHG, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strings By Intercontinental Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- The Strings By InterContinental Tokyo Japan