I stayed in The Strings for 3 nights with my boyfriend on a business/exploring trip.
The hotel was easy to find and VERY close to a main subway/rail hub.
Our room was large and clean, with a soft bed (not so common in asia)
The Wifi was free and extremely reliable.
The concierge was very helpful.
We had a GREAT view of Mt. Fuji from our room.
In a business district, so there's no much to do after you've returned to the hotel.
The breakfast was bizarrely expensive (~50USD). With not less than 20 options (including a Dean and Deluca) less than a 5 min walk away, i just didn't understand.
Though it didn't both us, it was very easy to hear train noise.
The primary concierge was so good that working with others when he was unavailable felt a bit like we were working with second tier staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo is an island of calm amid the swirl of a fast-paced business district. Tokyo Conference Center, Shinagawa, is right here, and a sheltered walkway leads to nearby Shinagawa Station. The Sengakuji Temple, Shinagawa Aquarium, the Tsukiji fish market and the shops in Shibuya offer glimpses of local lifestyles and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strings By Intercontinental Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- The Strings By InterContinental Tokyo Japan