Stayed there for 4 nights for business. The hotel is located right next to Shinagawa train station (handy for bullet train if you are going to places like Kyoto/Osaka as well as Narita express). The bus station is located on the ground floor and the limousine bus takes you to/from Narita so it's very handy.
There is a 24/7 convenience store on the 2nd floor so it's great if you run out of supplies. Hotel has a zen-decor (water, stone, banboos etc.) and overall has a calm classy/grown-up feel and great facilities (24/7 gym, cafe, restaurants) so it's suited for couples and business travellers (would not recommend for families). Staff are very friendly and knowledgeable and can make recommendations on places to eat and provide directions for transport etc. Free wifi throughout the hotel but the speed is very slow (about 30-50kbps). As the reception is on the 26th floor and the rooms are from 27~32nd floor, there is literally no noise issues from trains/cars/street drunks etc. Very posh duck down pillows and is only let down by poor TV selections for non-Japanese travellers. Still, a very good hotel and highly recommended.
- Also Known As:
- The Strings By Intercontinental Tokyo Hotel
- The Strings By Intercontinental Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- The Strings By InterContinental Tokyo Japan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo is an island of calm amid the swirl of a fast-paced business district. Tokyo Conference Center, Shinagawa, is right here, and a sheltered walkway leads to nearby Shinagawa Station. The Sengakuji Temple, Shinagawa Aquarium, the Tsukiji fish market and the shops in Shibuya offer glimpses of local lifestyles and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.