“Lovely hotel and friendly staff. ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ANA InterContinental Tokyo

You added ANA InterContinental Tokyo to your Saves list
ANA InterContinental Tokyo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1-12-33 Akasaka, Minato 107-0052, Tokyo Prefecture (Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #17 of 96 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Lovely hotel and friendly staff. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We visited japan last year and stayed at this hotel. We were given a smaller room on arrival however on reporting to the staff they rectified the mistake and we were given a lovely room with good view. very friendly/ helpful staff. Very good location too. Few mins walk from the subway. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed October 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel twice for a total of 6 weeks, and it never got old. I stayed on the 23rd and 28th floors. The room on the 28th floor was an upgrade, but was slightly smaller than than the regular floor. On the other hand, it did have a larger safe and a heated toilet seat! Both rooms were very nicely appointed with comfortable beds and decent but small bathrooms and good sized closets and dresser drawers. The gym is one of the better hotel gyms I have seen -- lots of space and lots of aerobic machines, although most of the weight machines are geared towards the upper body.

The staff is excellent -- everyone I encountered was friendly and warm.

I didn't eat in any of the restaurants at the hotel. There is a coffee shop -- Doutor -- next to the hotel (and a Starbucks as well) suffices for breakfast. The hotel is located just next to Ark Hills, which has a grocery store and lots of restaurants that serve meals at decent prices.

The hotel was perfectly located for me -- it was close to my work and right next to the Tameike-Sanno Metro station, which made visiting all the tourist attractions quite easy. The small side streets around the hotel are lined with cherry trees which in bloom are quite lovely.

Room Tip: Upgraded rooms have larger safes and heated toilet seats.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

A very good hotel, the rooms were a good size with a king size bed with quality bedding, spacious bathroom. Panoramic views from large windows on 32nd floor . The staff were very helpful and extremely courteous .All the staff spoke English. Not as cheap as some hotels but you get what you pay for. Very close to metro

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
InterContinental_360, Manager at ANA InterContinental Tokyo, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear dylansydney,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback on tripadvisor . We certainly take great pride in offering excellent service to all of our guests and we're thrilled to hear that we were able to offer you personalized service to make your stay memorable. We look forward to your return.

charlotte
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is a nice hotel. It is not a five star hotel. Four star is fair. As usual in Tokyo, the management is made up of Australians and the workers are Japanese. Upper Management is very nice, as usual. Workers and middle management seem to nearly all have the "Tokyo attitude" that is short, less than friendly, somewhat lazy as they will not go out of their way to help and will tell a lie to get out of something they did do wrong. On this occasion the phone reservationist told me that the limo bus from Narita airport was to be free for our visit when we spoke over the phone the nite before. When we try to get this service at Narita, everyone tells us there is a 3,000¥ per person charge. I call the hotel and argue with them. I finally get a middle manager, that seems to be Serbian, and she tries to talk over me the entire conversation. The woman that told me the lie on the phone the nite before now denies she ever said free limo bus. (Apparently afraid for her job) The Serbian woman is excessively rude. I advised her I will speak to the hotel manager upon arrival. (This is all going on while the two rooms we have are going to cost me over $1,000 USD). We take the bus and pay the 3,000¥ per person for three adults and two children. A manager, Mr Shepherd, greets us as we get off the bus. Extremely nice young man. He personal checks us in an gives me a $30 price break for my problems. I just spent five times that for the smelly bus we just rode that was told to me was to be free, and, I am spending over $1,000 for two basic rooms at his hotel. Nice jester, but, not much of an offer. I needed assistance with an ANA flight change also. He said for me to come back down, after settling into our rooms, and the ANA staff will do this for me. I do, and he does. The young lady is totally full of herself and the "Tokyo attitude". She actually just dials the ANA flight agent and just gives me the phone. She said she does not do this for customers. I take care of the arrangements with the flights as the girl does nothing. During all of this going on, another lady comes over to tell me my wife is on the phone. It seems my Okaasan has locked herself out of the room. I am on the phone with ANA flight still. I tell the young staff lady what has happened and that Okaasan is 81 years old. She said to me "she can just wait outside at the door for me, can't she." I said NO. I ask that she get someone to go let her in. She reluctantly did go to another counter to ask someone to let her in. This is a nice looking hotel. Clean for the most part. (Although there is mold in the bathroom). It is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE for what it is and for what they give in "service". St Regis in Osaka totally leaves this ANA property in the dirt when it comes to, well, EVERYTHING. We hope to not have to come back here again.

Stayed March 2015
Dear TeufelHundenguy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences at our hotel. We are dissappointed to know that we did meet your expectations on this occasion and we sincerely apologize. Please know that these events are not reminiscent of the service that we strive to provide to our guests and we wish your stay hadn't been negatively affected. Your comments have been share with our executive team for further review so that we can improve and continue to provide our usual high level of service. We do hope you'll give us another chance to change your impression on your next visit to Tokyo so that we can offer you the experience that our guests have come to expect.

Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Big rooms, extremely polite and helpful staff, located right downtown, steps from subway, near restaurants and pubs, there's not a lot wrong with this place. Best if you're traveling on business as it's not cheap. Breakfast buffet is fun and worth every penny.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear Amya M,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us. We are so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations and offered you top of the line service.

Thank you so much for your wonderful remarks and recommendations. We look forward to your next visit.

Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Being next to Suntory hall, this is a brilliant location if you are on tour and have a concert there. The breakfast range is fantastic, catering for everything - don't miss the fresh health boost drinks by the orange juices, a different one each day! Lovely little coffee shop in arcade too if you need a caffeine and pastry fix.

Room Tip: Having a IHG rewards card, if presented at check-in, gets you free Wifi! Just register free online b...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Istanbul Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A very nice business hotel, locating in the center of the City. The room sizes are good with Tokyo standards. Close to Rappongi area but also in close drive to other major Business locations. The breakfast is very rich and lots of varities. Concierge is also very good help. The bar at the very top is avergae.
The hotel is highly recomended.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear Giobull,

Thank you for sharing your experiences at our hotel. We are certainly thrilled to know that you enjoyed our hotel and that you took the time to post your positive comments. We look forward to hosting you again during your next trip to Tokyo.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to ANA InterContinental Tokyo? Share your experiences!