“vibrant Tokyo location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 95 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
4.0 of 5 stars 1,381 Reviews
“vibrant Tokyo location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was there in the summer 2013.
This Hotel is in a vibrant location in Tokyo.
Tube station is minutes walking and one of the most beautiful concert Hall is minutes walking as well.
The Hotel itself is extremely well managed with very nice bars and restaurants.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Classy and very high standard hotel ... but in Tokyo, where service is unbeatable and where high standards are the norm, you can probably get better value for $ in other almost any other hotel in Tokyo.

Good point about this hotel is that its walking distance to the attractions.

Its hard to find staff or service thats bad in Tokyo so nothing really stands out. Toilets are nice and have good fixings but again ... in Tokyo, I've yet to find a toilet that doesn't have an automated bidet and nice toiletries.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
InterContinental_360, Manager at ANA InterContinental Tokyo, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Van T,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your valuable feedback from your recent stay. Please be assured that all your comments have been shared with our team for their review so that we may continue to improve on our guest experience excellence.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review. We do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to ANA InterContinental Tokyo in the future.

Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed here for a long weekend and overall had a good experience. The hotel itself is very impressive in the public areas and is conveniently located. We were dressed casually for our entire stay as not there on business and I never had any of the service issues that other reviewers have mentioned. All interactions with the staff were good - I never felt that they were offering me lesser service than the business travelers. Check in and check out were very smooth, any time we called down to the front desk the staff were polite and helpful and room service was quick and friendly.

Aside from ordering room service once we didn't eat in any of the restaurants but we did enjoy a happy hour at the champagne bar one night (impressive selection of champagnes) and every morning I got lattes and pastries from the little shop off the lobby - all of which was SO delicious. My favorite was the roll with bacon wrapped throughout, super tasty. I will go back here for breakfast on my next visit to Japan even if not staying at the ANA.

There is a good size pool but I couldn't use it as was too cold out and the pool isn't heated, looks great for a summer visit though. The gym is spacious and has really nice, new equipment, definitely worth packing the gym clothes and working off the breakfast pastries...

The only aspect of my stay that was just average was the room. To be fair, I was there on a corporate rate and had booked one of the most basic rooms so depending on the room you stay in the experience could be different. My room was a good size, especially for Tokyo, and was very clean. The bed was ok - all beds in Japan are too hard for me - and we couldn't hear any noise from the hall or outside so had no issues sleeping. It did seem like the room hadn't really been updated since the 80s but I wasn't bothered by that as overall it was in good condition. The two main drawbacks were the tv and the bathroom. The tv was a big flat-screen but was in an odd location on the left side of the bed in front of the window. So not only did it block out some of the light from the window, you couldn't really lay in bed or sit on the couch to watch it comfortably. Not a big deal as we didn't spend much time watching it anyway. The bathroom just felt really old - it was very small, had bad lighting and the shower wasn't great. Kind of feels like I stayed in a 4 star hotel with a bathroom you'd find in a 2 star motel. Other rooms may have more modern bathrooms though.

Regardless, think this is a solid choice and would likely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
InterContinental_360, Manager at ANA InterContinental Tokyo, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear T_in_Japan,

Warm greetings from ANA InterContinental Tokyo and thank you for your very kind words regarding your recent stay with us, which we have also shared with our management team.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again soon to our hotel.

Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Great location in Tokyo. Extremely high class, modern and amazingly kind staff. Clean rooms with everything you may need. Highly recommend.

Also connected to a mall and "food plaza" that serve delicious authentic Japanese cuisine.

Amazingly wide range of breakfast with Western and Japanese style food. Highly recommend!!!

Free internet if you're an IHG member. Join for free! Well worth it! www.ihg.com

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear PinkPanda1812,

Thank you for your 5 star review. We are delighted to read your positive comments regarding our facilities and kind staff. We appreciate your recommendation and we hope we welcome you back to ANA InterContinental Tokyo in the near future.

Executvie Assistant manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I was a bit apprehensive when I read that the normal rooms were old and small. However, I am very pleased with my king junior suite room. ( am still staying here) It is wonderful! The layout is great with s separate living room, bedroom and I do love the bathroom so much! I like how the room is partitioned out giving lots of space to the guests. The bathroom is great with 2 wash basins, separate bidet room and a shower room with a bathtub( with tv) and a standing shower that has great shower pressure. The standing shower even offers water jet sprays for your back! Bed was comfortable and just right ( not too hard or soft).
Location wise, some might say it's too far but I guess it's ok for me. The station ( tameike-sanno) is to the right of the hotel lobby ( abt 5 mins walk). It serves 4 main lines to everywhere including the popular ginza line. It's only 4 stops to ginza direct and I think it's great. Exit at 13 to the hotel at this station.
I've booked and am going for a teppanyaki lunch at the hotel later which seems to get rave reviews. I hope I dun get disappointed later!
All in all, I would prob stay at this hotel again ( but still would book a junior suite for my next stay).

• Stayed December 2014
Dear Mei81,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at ANA InterContinental Tokyo. We are delighted to receive your kind comments regarding our hotel facilities and great location. We look forward to again being your preferred hotel choice when you next visit Tokyo.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at ANA Intercontinental twice so far, as it is very close to our Tokyo office. The hotel is well maintained, so are the rooms. I dislike the pillows as they are so flat and soft.

The restaurant is pretty pricey though for dinner buffet which I paid 7000 Yen plus for 1 pax. You are better off taking a taxi elsewhere for dinner.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Lonejean,

Thank you for staying with us again at ANA InterContinental Tokyo and for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to receive your positive comments, which have also been shared with our management team.

We do hope to welcome you back to ANA InterContinental Tokyo again in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I Stay 10 nights with my Family in this hotel, i got upgraded to the next room type without any question for being a frequent guest of IHG chain of hotel.Room is big and comfortable and the location with the train station just a stone throw away, i use a lot of the GINZA line which link to many places, and there is a nice and cheap eatery (Sandwiches and coffee) just beside the hotel if you have enough of hotel breakfast. The Club floor and Lounge have a wonderful view of Mount Fuji. Just ask the Lounge Manager to let you in to have a photo taken if you do not have access to the Lounge.
Remember to get direction and help from the "concierge" they are very helpful give very good advice which help u save time and sometimes money. Train is not always the way to go for a family ask them for the best option most of the time a mix and match option is better way to arrive ur destination (Taxi and Train and Subway).
As for the better service - Front desk was a little impatient with no Japanese speaking and non suit wearing Guest, found that they are unwilling to go the extra mile even the bell Boy team, as it was raining went there to borrow an bolly, very unwilling to "dish" out the bolly to me and not sure if it is by mistake one of the bolly have hole and not working well.
Breakfast area on the lobby, again if you are not in suit you will get different service (not so polite type of service) as i have observe, When i was in Suit for some of the days i get much better service and greeting.
I will still stay in hotel, as it is near to Tokyo MidTown nice place to have nice dinner and Shopping, it is just an short taxi ride less then 1000 Yen or an 15 minutes walk from Intercon.
Just hope they can improve on some of their service.

Room Tip: If you are an Platinum level ask for "double" upgrade, the room and the "equipment&qu...