“FANTASTIC AND CONVENIENT” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ANA InterContinental Tokyo

Save Saved
You added ANA InterContinental Tokyo to your Saves list
ANA InterContinental Tokyo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1-12-33 Akasaka, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 107-0052, Japan   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Exclusive:25% Off
Ranked #15 of 94 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Countryside, Illinois
“FANTASTIC AND CONVENIENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have stayed in many Japanese hotels but this one is convenient and pleasant. It has many amenities and the rooms are well appointed. Room service is superb and it is in walking distance from my favorite Yaki tori bar. Best of all the room I chose gave me a fantastic view of the Tokyo Tower. So remember to ask for that view which has a spectacular ending as the lights on the tower shut down at midnight.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view of Tokyo Tower.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
ANAICTYO, Manager at ANA InterContinental Tokyo, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Errol D,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us from your recent visit, we greatly appreciate your positive comments on the ANA InterContinental Tokyo, which have also been shared with our team.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again soon on your next visit to Tokyo.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed recently for 3 nights on a business trip. Location is very convenient and hotel even though seems to be fairly old is kept in very good shape. Rooms are nice though beds are tiny. Showers are great. Breakfast buffet was also very good. My main issue was service which I found quite poor. Checking in was a nightmare. I told the front desk I was in a hurry as I had to shower and change and run to a business meeting. What I got in return was a painfully slow check in process. In the time I was checked in by the front desk attendant the attendant next to him checked in three different people. Not only was it slow but they could never spell my name correctly despite them having a copy of my passport and me spelling it out for them. As a result I was never able to get internet access as the system said my room number and last name did not match. I repeatedly ask them to fix it and they never did. I also missed an important phone call for the same reason as the caller was told I had not checked in. One on the telephones in the room did not work. I asked for it to be fixed but they never did it despite assurances it would be taken care off.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear SPCTraveler,

Thank you for your review from your recent stay at ANA InterContinental Tokyo.
We do sincerely appreciate your comments on our breakfast and the location of our hotel, however we very sorry to hear that the service you encountered from our reception team was not to your expectations.

Please be assured your comments have been shared with our management team for immediate review and will assist us in providing our usual high levels of service to our guests.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review. We hope that we will have another chance to welcome you again on your next visit Tokyo.

San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I arrived at this hotel before the check-in time. The receptionist checked me into a room on the 25th floor, but said the room won't be ready for another half an hour. I went for lunch and after I got back, a new receptionist was there. He told me I have a room on the 8th floor. I complained that the previous receptionist already assigned me to a different room on the 25th floor. Long story short, it took the receptionist and his manager 15 minutes to resolve this, and gave me a different room on the 25th floor. Now I'm in the room, and it's sooo small, much smaller than what can be seen in the pictures. I won't stay at this hotel again.

Dear moham233,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your valuable feedback from your recent stay. Please be assured that all your comments have been shared with our management team for their review so that we may continue to improve on our guest experience excellence.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review. We do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to ANA InterContinental Tokyo in the future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel is very conveniently located in central Tokyo with easy access to the neighboring districts. Rooms are clean, spacious, nicely furnished. Bathroom is clean. Everything is up to a great standard. Hotel staff is very polite and helpful, one of the best!! Also I absolutely recommend to go there for breakfast, it is excellent, wide choice and very tasteful.
In overall I don't have a single bad word to say about my experience and I m already looking forward to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
ANAICTYO, Manager at ANA InterContinental Tokyo, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear mishii_mis,

Warm greetings from ANA InterContinental Tokyo. We greatly appreciate your positive comments on our hotel and are pleased to know that you enjoyed staying with us.Thank you also for your kind words for our staff.

Thank you again for posting your review and we hope to welcome you back again on your next visit to Tokyo.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

...stay here. The hotel has 600+ rooms that are a bit tired. Good size rooms for Tokyo that have had minimal refurbishing. Overall an okay hotel in Tokyo, but there are smaller, better ones around for the same price or less.

Pros:
- great breakfast buffet
- great concierge
- central location
- good bed
- all the taxi drivers know it
- right by the metro (but what isn't in the heart of Tokyo)

Cons:
- some staff attitude in the restaurants
- tired bathrooms and carpeting
- mega hotel where finding your room can be an adventure

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hallways so you're only sharing a wall with one other room.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
ANAICTYO, Manager at ANA InterContinental Tokyo, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear oneroomliving,

Thank you for choosing ANA InterContinental Tokyo and for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay.
We do sincerely appreciate all your comments on our hotel and are very disappointed to hear that some aspects of your stay did not meet our usual levels of high standard, which have been shared with our Management team for review.
Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service experience that we offer to our guests.
We really hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at ANA Intercontinental during a business trip, the hotel is easy to reach from Haneda airport by train (1 change to Tokyo Metro) (Narita airport is a little further out of Tokyo, but can also be reached by 1 change). Location is excellent, only a short walk to Akasuka office, with lots of restaurants and shops around.

The hotel is comfortable, good beds with different pillows, a little desk and a nice seat. We had wifi included in the hotel package and its fast and reliable! Reception staff was very friendly and helpful.

Requested a non-smoking room, but unfortunately it was on a smoking floor, so there was still some smoke smell (I don't think someone had smoked in the room, but the smoke smell came from the hallway).

Room Tip: if you want a non-smoking room, make sure its on a non-smoking floor..
Dear leftyx,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We greatly appreciate your positive comments on the ANA InterContinental Tokyo and are pleased to know that you enjoyed staying with us.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and we are look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the very near future.

Alexandria, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My stay was very convenient, although the checking in was a bit busy. The rooms are fair, the toilets are clean but not that spacy. The breakfast is marvellous, very rich , cosmopolitan & more than enough. The location is nice, with an easy access to Shibuya, imperial palace & asakusa by metro from Tameike-sanno station with exit 13 just at the back of the hotels door. AKA hills is a nice complex just next door , where u can find a lot of cafe's & restrnts & it also has the famous Suntory hall.There also u can find a flea market just infront of the Suntory hall every sunday. At night you can walk daily to the famous Roppongi dori for every kind of nightlife activities including an Egyptian cafe serving Hookah in Tokyo !!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Dear Daebes,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback from your recent stay.
We greatly appreciate your positive comments on the ANA InterContinental Tokyo and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed staying with us.
We hope to welcome you back again soon on your next visit to Tokyo.

Been to ANA InterContinental Tokyo? Share your experiences!