“Excellent breakfast and great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ANA InterContinental Tokyo

Save Saved
You added ANA InterContinental Tokyo to your Saves list
ANA InterContinental Tokyo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1-12-33 Akasaka, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 107-0052, Japan   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Get Up to 35% Off
Ranked #15 of 92 hotels in Minato
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent breakfast and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had the unpleasant surprise of learning that we were getting twin beds instead of one king at check-in. Our discontenment was immediately noticed by one of the senior staff who approached us and inquired into further details. We were told that the hotel was fully booked for the first half of our stay but they would move us to a different room for the second half.
We also appreciated that the Guest Relations manager contacted us in the morning to apologize and confirm the change for us.

The rooms were quite spacious and clean although my skin did react to the bedsheets. I cannot really hold this against the hotel as I do have a tendancy to develop a rash if the detergent used is to harsh...

There are also many restaurant in the surrounding area that offer affordable meals and delicious tasting may I add.

It is unfortunate that the hotel does not offer free internet. This would probably be the only reason why I may not consider staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Make sure you can select and specify the type of rooms you want (twin, king, queen beds) if you are...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1,238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The hotel is not likely to impress you or depress you. You stay there becasue its convenient, not because its great.
The rooms have seen better days and somewhat like the old Tokyo Nissan taxis, can still do the job!
The best reason to stay is the Pierre Gagnaire restaurant on the 36th fl - THATS worth the stay!

Room Tip: The room views in most directions are good - Tokyo has a fantastic skyline - except perhaps looking...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at ANA InterContinental Tokyo, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear VeriSource,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Krysllin G.
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Second time I stayed in this hotel (last time was 2008). At that time the room was spacious and well appointed,and my expectations, probably far lower. For my second stay, this time around (September 2013) the hotel's age has really started show, especially in the design of the lobby and public areas. It just feels very 1990s or so - the lighting, the design, etc.

I got a "single" room booked by my travel agent. Warning - in a number of places this just means single occupancy in a regular room and hopefully you can get a king bed. In this hotel (and in other certain countries), this means a much smaller room (my mistake). You get what you pay for (I did get a special rate). So my room was very small as was the bathroom, which didn't have a fan, or much room to ventilate, so things got steamy when I showered.

Bed was comfortable, a queen size and the room adequately appointed. Service was nice, check in was swift and smooth. Breakfast buffet was just fine. The bar at the top of the restaurant affords a great view of the city and the bar tending staff is kind. A bar on the second floor is tended by my Yoko Ariga, who was recommended to me by a cocktail specialist bartender in Hong Kong where I live. I was unfortunately unable to try her drinks as I had shorts on and there is a dress code for the second floor bar - though I plan to next time!

Location is the key. It's close to a number of subway stations, a short walk from Roppongi, near the US Embassy as well as a number of businesses and there are lots of little restaurants, bars, and cafes near the hotel so that one can explore a fair bit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at ANA InterContinental Tokyo, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Jamil B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for any shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

A lot of my colleagues really like this hotel, however I am not sold. I find the service highly impersonal. One quick example: When I arrived there was no train or TCAT service at Narita. There was a 300 person line for cabs arriving 3/hr (don't worry, this is NOT typical - only after holidays with typhoons). Anyway...called the hotel to see if they could help. Not a chance. They would not call a cab company nor provide names of companies I could call. I even called back a second time to make sure I did not misunderstand. Nope...they were not going to help in anyway. Okay no problem, I just arrived at the ANA at 3AM after having landed at 9PM. This situation probably will not happen to you but I feel as an international traveler I want a hotel that can be my go-to resource. Beyond that little deal, the bathroom blew me over with mildew smell. I could not open the closet door because it was broken and had to put my clothes on the bed instead. No lotion as an amenity. Industrial shared containers of body wash and shampoo in the shower. I did not like the breakfast buffet. It was also over priced. Things I did like: location, pastry shop with great coffee and A+ pastries. Although I have stayed in this hotel several time, this is the first time I walked "out the back door". What a treasure! A beautiful waterfall you can sit under and many, many places to eat and drink. Do not try the French place though. I waited around for them to seat and tried 2 different entrances, and they just ignored me. The hotel concierge needs a new map. Although she was quite nice and helpful, the map she provided from the hotel was truly a joke causing me to ask for directions along the way. Good luck to you in finding a better place...

Dear GypsyInTheClouds,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the cleanliness of the room has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Janice A
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Good for business trip because of its central location. Rooms are spacious which is a luxury in tokyo. Automated FX machines, ATMs all within premises very convenient. Gets too crowded at breakfast buffet and queuing needs to be better managed. Excellent in-house food options and room service available 24x7. But very less restaurants outside the hotel, you may have to walk till Asakasa. If you need to move around, the MRT line is not so easily accessible. Though the Ginza line entrance is a minute away, you need to walk atleast 800m. Hei shrine at a walking distance from the hotel. Apart from that you see only coporate offices, govt buildings. Stayed last time in hyatt shinjuku - For a more lively atmosphere & entertainment Shinjuku location is recommended for personal travel & tourism

Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at Intercontinental Tokyo ANA after having a dissapointing stay at Intercontinental Tokyo Bay. As I entered the hotel, theres a queue of people checking in and as i waited patiently, the guest relations officer approached me and told me she can help me check in. I was able to check in in less than 10 minutes and she even called me to see if i am satisfied with the room that she gave me. People were helpful and very polite. The hotel is near the Ginza line which is not part of the JR network so you have to pay extra if you have a JR Pass. They also offer a limousine bus service to Narita Airport for 3000 yen. Overall, they exceeded my expectations. The quality of service that they provided is excellent. I would love to stay in this hotel again

• Stayed September 2013
San Ramon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is my first time in Tokyo. As an ambassador platinum I enjoy my benefits of the program. I got my upgrade to a suite. I was extremely happy with the room and the overall experience of the room, it was just what I needed after spending a week in small japanese business hotels outside of the big city. The bathroom was large with a super powerful shower.. (loved that!). The bed.. was the most comfortable I have slept on. Linen was so soft. I didn't want to get out of bed the next day.
Some of the other great things was the MIXX bar. Love the bar and a couple of martini's hit the spot. Great staff.
Lunch the next day was pricey. I thought that 900Yen for an iced tea that was not offered to be refilled, was a bit extreme. But then again I ate at the hotel. Next time.. I will not have lunch there but outside somewhere. Very conviently located close to many popular areas like Roppongi, which is in walking distance about 15mins.
I would definately stay here again. What a fabulous hotel!

Room Tip: Corner suite was nice and private..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to ANA InterContinental Tokyo? Share your experiences!