I stayed quite a few IHG hotels before and honestly, most of them disappoint. This stay proved my loyalty to be worthy. In terms of customer service, this property should be a role model for all Intercontinental hotels. From getting off the taxi, checking-in to getting room service. They raise the standard of luxury accommodation. The hotel may not be brand new or flashy, but the staff are truly amazing at what they do. I would argue this hotel could possibly win over a Ritz Carlton.
They know the drill, they know how to impress, handling your luggage the right way, taking over at the right time. I didn't get the "anti-foreigner" impression some had experienced. Front desk was extremely courteous and over archive his role. I felt professionalism, got thanked of my loyalty, checked if my requests were met etc. Even though I said I wouldn't mind, they insisted on the welcoming gift, they actually cared about the tiny details.
I assume the line wasn't busy as the operator even had the time to have a little chat with me, asking how my day was and if arranging transportation was necessary the next day. At a busy hotel, it's hard to add personal attention but they did it. There is a mix of leisure and business travellers, as well as flight crew as this is an ANA hotel so the lobby sets an ambient of both luxury and comfort.
The room itself was spacious (gorgeous for Tokyo standard), living room had blu-ray player, large working desk, well-stocked minibar and room was well lit. Their duvet was heavenly, I believe you could order one home if you wish to. The location of the hotel is a pity, as it is indeed a 15 mins walk until you reach the train platform, but the nearest underground exit is only 2 mins walk from the hotel.
The only thing I can complain about is that they're doing it too perfectly, it lacks the feeling of being in a foreign country. If you're looking for that awkward language barrier when asking for a wake-up call, it wouldn't happen; they all speak fluent english.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location is everything in a busy city, and ANA InterContinental Tokyo has one of the best. In Ark Hills near Akasaka, Roppongi and Kasumigaseki, the hotel provides easy access to Tokyo Metro stations, government agencies and financial institutions. The Imperial Palace, Senso-ji Temple, Ginza shopping district and the Mori Art Museum are short distances away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your ANA InterContinental Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ana Intercontinental Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- ANA InterContinental Tokyo Japan