I decided to go to this hotel, for a change, in one of my rather frequent visit to Tokyo. I was definitely not impressed.
The first impression is good, the hotel is well connected with both airports and the lobby is nice. However, at check-in a very rude Japanese employee showed me a totally negative anti-gaijin attitude. I booked the hotel through a very famous web site, and set some preferences (such as non-smoking). I was told that a room as I wanted was not available, or it was but with a $60 supplement per night, as the preference setting was non-binding. The attitude of the employee made me feel to leave the hotel at once, but the situation was saved by another employee (not from Japan, this time) that in a flash found a room, supposedly according to my preferences.
I spend around 200 nights/year in hotels, since almost 10 years, and this is the first time I had such a bad experience at check-in.
The room was modern - in the eighties, maybe. Very cramped for that level of hotels (New Otani, Hilton, Sheraton, I mean ...). There was no place where to put my suitcase, just to tell you. The bathroom was tiny as well.
As I minor detail, I couldn't find any English channels on the TV, and the channels did not correspond to the printed notice, where the usual CNN, BBC etc, were listed.
Breakfast was decent but not exceptional.
Oh, and Internet is $15/day. Enjoy.
Overall, a disappointing experience. In Tokyo for the price I paid there are much better options. Definitely, will not recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location is everything in a busy city, and ANA InterContinental Tokyo has one of the best. In Ark Hills near Akasaka, Roppongi and Kasumigaseki, the hotel provides easy access to Tokyo Metro stations, government agencies and financial institutions. The Imperial Palace, Senso-ji Temple, Ginza shopping district and the Mori Art Museum are short distances away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, IHG, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotel.de, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your ANA InterContinental Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ana Intercontinental Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- ANA InterContinental Tokyo Japan