This hotel is convenient, if you have business in the area. And it is not too far from main attractions (and close to the metro) if you are a tourist--but it is not really "in" a traditional "hotspot" like Ginza, or near the Palace. The hotel itself is clean, with a very Western-friendly staff, all of whom speak good English. Rooms are average size and quality for business hotels in Tokyo (i.e., small and a bit worn). But the price was also reasonable (about $250 a night). This doesn't compare to the Four Seasons, Shangri-La, or Ritz Carlton. But it is half the price too.
Overall, I will stay here again when I have business nearby. One note--for about $100 more (10,000 yen) you can get access to the "club floor"--a very nice space on the 35th floor that features a buffet breakfast, light buffet appetizer dinner, and drinks. This may not be worth it unless there are multiple people in your room, you really need an open work/meeting space, or you plan to eat and drink an awful lot. The hotel is overall reasonable, but this was pricey.
Lastly, I would avoid the steakhouse in the hotel. Neither the food nor the service matched the price--there are plenty of better offerings nearby. The bakery/cafe off the lobby is quite nice, and the bar at the top of the hotel is acceptable--nice views, but not cheap!
- Also Known As:
- Ana Intercontinental Tokyo Hotel Minato
- Ana Intercontinental Tokyo Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- ANA InterContinental Tokyo Japan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location is everything in a busy city, and ANA InterContinental Tokyo has one of the best. In Ark Hills near Akasaka, Roppongi and Kasumigaseki, the hotel provides easy access to Tokyo Metro stations, government agencies and financial institutions. The Imperial Palace, Senso-ji Temple, Ginza shopping district and the Mori Art Museum are short distances away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your ANA InterContinental Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.