“Where various amenities, strategic location, excellent service and good food meets” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ANA InterContinental Tokyo

You added ANA InterContinental Tokyo to your Saves list
ANA InterContinental Tokyo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1-12-33 Akasaka, Minato 107-0052, Tokyo Prefecture (Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Exclusive:35% Off
Ranked #17 of 98 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Makati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

It was a good decision choosing this hotel, strategically located at the heart of Tokyo, two subway lines and everywhere is just a taxi away (famous places and landmarks) not far so its inexpensive...diverse food and restaurants within the hotel complex, michelin grade resto as well..and the service wow! its customer delight... can communicate well in English, can arrange your itinerary, plan your vacation and rescue you in stressful situation while travelling...

Room Tip: higher rooms commands a great view of the city...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
ANAInterContinental, Brand Experience & Quality Manager at ANA InterContinental Tokyo, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
It is great to hear that you enjoyed our service and location.
And thank you for sharing this on Trip Advisor.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Suva, Fiji
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was a great place to base ourselves whilst visiting Tokyo - the sights and attractions of Tokyo are quite spread out but this hotel is located next to a subway station so we found it very easy to get around. Taxis in Tokyo are very expensive so the proximity to transport is a big plus. The hotel itself is beautiful, with comfortable rooms and good food. The service we received was excellent. I didn't like the pillows much but they seem to be an Intercontinental standard - they are extremely soft. The hotel offers a reasonably priced airport transfer service which was helpful for us too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ANAInterContinental, Guest Relations Manager at ANA InterContinental Tokyo, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank-you for the great comments and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Feather pillow is our standard but also several types of pillow are available.
Airport Limousine bus is 3,000yen one way. From Airport, our hotel is the first stop. Also To Airport, our hotel is the last stop. So it will save your time.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed for two days at the ANA Hotel in Akasaka Tokyo some time ago. It was a very nice experience. The staff were most gracious as one would expect in Japan. I loved my single room. My room was on the 21st floor and the view was magnificent. I could see Tokyo Tower from my window and this was particularly pleasing on the eyes at night time. I even had a Japanese toilet that was like sitting on Captain Kirk's seat in Star Trek. There were so many buttons on it and you could heat the seat ,etc. A new experience for me. There are many bars and restaurants in this hotel and the decor is excellent throughout the hotel. The breakfast consisted of a buffet meal and there was a wide choice from Japanese to Western food. The hotel is well situated and accessable to all public transport. I really enjoyed my stay there and will return again.

Room Tip: I stayed at this hotel on a special rate. It was available throughout December.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
I am also really happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast in our award winning all day buffet restaurant!
Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Northern Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is very expensive, the rooms are quite noisy from the expressway outside and the rumbling lifts that seem to be audible from most rooms. Worst of all, I was charged >5000 Yen for a 4-minute international phonecall, and when I emailed them to complain, I still have not had a satisfactory response almost 2 weeks later.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Firstly thank you for choosing ANA InterContinental Tokyo.
We are very disappointed to hear that you were not satisfy with our telephone charge.
Installing a phone line cost much because of we have to pay the basic charge everymonth.
That is why hotel's telephone access fee is more expensive in general way.
Please refer the price list that we had send you last week.
Thank you for sharing your comments and We hope have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

When I booked my trip for October 2012 in 2011, I didn't realize I would be in competition for rooms against the huge IMF meeting that was occurring in Tokyo. The hotel was packed with IMF delegates while I stayed there, but I never felt rushed or ignored by the staff. Coming from the US where you receive indifferent, surly service from hotel staff, the ANA Intercontinental staff was refreshing. As a western US resident, I hardly walk (essentially drive everywhere). Walking to and from the Tameike-Sanno subway station and sightseeing wiped me out. The bamboo "Japanese Traditional Foot Massager" in the room was a godsend to soothe the aching arches. In the US, mid/upper hotels usually will sell you things like duvets, sheets, mattresses, and anything in the hotel room if you like them. Since I fell in love with the bamboo foot massager, I asked the concierge if the hotel sold it. No, they do not. But the awesome concierge directed me to the nearest TokyuHands where I could purchase something similar. Rooms are spacious by Tokyo standards. Rooms are pricey, but in line with similar properties near central Tokyo. Breakfast buffet is made to order. Menu doesn't change very much from day to day, but it beats trying to find a place to eat when your feet ache (yes, there's a lot of cheaper alternatives, but you have to walk to them, and when your feet are killing you it's just nice to be an elevator ride away from a nice meal.)

Room Tip: I didn't realize that had I gotten the "city" view we might have been able to see the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your staying with us and taking time to feedback.
Your comment will be a great encouragement to councierge team.
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Love staying at this hotel. As an Ambassador member they treat you special the whole time you're here.

The hotel is very nice and the rooms are kept clean and up to date.

The hotel is also very central to most major Tokyo businesses and government locations. (A few minutes on the Metro- at most).

This hotel is my #1 and only choice when I come to Tokyo for business.

Room Tip: Be an Intercontinental Ambassador- upgraded room, free wifi, and free breakfast.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great feedback and for your loyalty to ANA InterContinental Tokyo.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the stay with us.
Yes we are situated in a convenient location for both business and leisure travelers.
Also very accessible to the airport. Airport Limousine Bus stop at the first hotel in downtown hotels.
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Am currently staying at this hotel for the first time. As a PC Platinum member, I was very disappointed with the service/recognition. I did not expect much as IC hotels have their separate exclusive paid recognition program. However at this hotel, despite informing earlier that I am a PC Platinum member and even giving my card during check-in, no recognition. I was not even provided with the room I requested. As all other reviewers mentioned, first time at a Japanese hotel and also at a IC hotel where internet is not provided in a complimentary basis. It is 1575 JPY for 24 hours. For all these incoveniences, only the normal Japanese apologies provided ( after being here so many times, I know when they are sincere and when it is just mentioned as part of the remembered text).
Compared this to the IC Yokohama which I just left before arriving here, I was provided with the correct room type, provided at least 2 bottle of water complimentary and complimentary internet.
The only pro of this hotel is the location (if you need to be around the Roppongi area), you can walk to Roppongi Hills in about 15 mins. The hotel is quite close to 2 different metro station. As expected staff members are in general polite and friendly.
I will consider seriously the next time I return to this area on this property. Will most probably return to either the Hilton or the Courtyard (where I am treated very well). I think the hotel needs to work on setting itself apart in an already luxurious and high demanding segment especially in a country like Japan.

Room Tip: Try to get a room higher up if facing the highway running in front of the hotel. If not, try and ge...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ANAInterContinental, Guest Relations Manager at ANA InterContinental Tokyo, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and your loyalty to InterContinental Hotels Group.
We appreciate you taking the time to share you comments.
The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Normally the Platinum Member will received up grade based on availability.
If you still staying with us, Please contact our Guest relations.

At the hotel we have three levels of rate category (Classic, Executive Deluxe and Club).
Executive Deluxe and Club rate include free Internet.
Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.
We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose ANA Intercontinental Hotel Tokyo.

Been to ANA InterContinental Tokyo? Share your experiences!