“Nice rooms, but the limited free wifi is a bummer” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay

You added InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay to your Saves list
InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1-16-2 Kaigan, Minato 105-8576, Tokyo Prefecture (Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #14 of 96 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice rooms, but the limited free wifi is a bummer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The first thing that struck me about the hotel room was the beautiful view of the bay. The room is smaller than rooms in other countries, but I understand that it's pretty good for Tokyo.

The room was comfortable and clean, but they only provided free wifi for 1 day. Another observation was that there is no iron in the room. Service staff were polite. The breakfast was slightly pricey for the variety.

The location of the hotel is within walking distance from 2 train stations and 1 monorail station, and about 45 minutes by cab from Haneda airport.The World Trade tower is also within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Meets or exceeds the standards one expects from InterContinental, but had a price to match. Ahead of our arrival we requested and received upon check-in a room with a view of the bay. Bonus...view included the Tokyo Tower as well. The lunch buffet is awesome. Not much in the neighborhood, but taxis are ready at the front door and the metro stop is a short walk away. Waterfront location provided a nice place for a stroll.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I had two days here as part of a business trip and this place exceeded my expectations. Being a platinum IHG member my room was upgraded and i had a very large corner room with a stunning bathroom - the bath overlooking Tokyo Bay.

Check-in was extremely smooth and my bags were delivered to my room quickly. The rooms are very well equipped with a good sized TV, coffee making, slippers, robes, a bathroom full of goodies, more towels than you could use in a week and the ubiquitous heated toilet seat.

The bed was massive and very, very comfortable.

I travel to Japan quite a lot, and although I don't often stay in Tokyo, this hotel would be very high on my list for the future.

There is a shuttle bus that will take you to the nearby Hamamatsucho Station, or it's a simple 10 minute walk. At the end of the little street that the hotel is is, there is a station for the monorail system too.

Room Tip: Ask very nicely to get one with a bathroom overlooking the bay!
England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This was my first stay at the IC Tokyo Bay but my partner has used this hotel on other occasions.

First impressions are very good, nice welcome from the porter and the receptionist and a nice lobby area to the left as you enter which I believe has not that long been refurbished.

Upon check in, yet again a reminder had to be given to the reception regarding upgrade being a Platinum member and not automatically given (same as the other stays with this IC). So after that being sorted we were upgraded to the Executive floor, which a very pleasant porter showed us to our room (Note for these floors and the Club floors access is only with room key in the lift).

We had a newly refurbished room with a wonderful view of the river, the lightness of the furniture which is a light grey/dark cream, white standing lights (?) gave the room a very light and airy feel. The soft furnishings (purple/silver) and wall paper are a bit ‘bling ’and with some scary hideous black/white/grey flowered wallpaper was certainly not to my taste. I did notice although the furnishings look the same at first they are all different colours and styles looks like the older furniture has been painted to match the new table/chairs/bedhead. And the bed valence is from the older rooms (green/gold) which really makes the room look like a bit of a half baked refurbishment. However there was a sofa in a very luxurious fabric (stained, oh dear) to match the excellent blackout curtains. Room also had the usual safe, gowns/PJ’s/slippers lots of hanging space but no closet light which as I thought the lighting in the room was pretty poor would have been helpful. The air con worked well, however you can open the window which I always like.

A nice touch is a coffee machine, but rather tight giving you just 2 cartridges a day then have to buy them at 300yen each which are kept in the mini bar. But at least it was a normal fridge (and to put the complimentary bottled water) and not an automatic mini bar so space to put your own things. There is also a family mart next to the hotel which is handy

Bathroom was of a good size, corner shower with great pressure, all singing toilet, deep bath lots of mirrors, but no shaving mirror, again poor lighting but one ceiling light out. (next day 2 lights out, did not notice til very late to report it) But IC please do something about the cheap and nasty toiletries in the bathroom they were truly awful , Made in China by an American company I have never heard of that smelt of cheap washing up liquid and just as bad to use. I expect a hotel of this standard to provide better quality and in the case of the Exec floor as in other IC hotels we have stayed in even more choice and premium brands. However the bathroom was spotless with more than enough excellent white fluffy towels each day (4 large) and a hairdryer which was full size.

The bed must get a mention on its own.....apparently they use a different bedding for these floors and above and you can tell, the beds themselves were excellent (firm) and the pillows were superb to say the least as was the quilt and all the linen were pristine, excellent excellent! May not make it up there with the Shangri-la in Hong Kong but not that far off.

As far as staff go, the limited interaction I had apart from the porter was mixed. The concierge was so so and one guy (who I think was in charge) ignored me as he clearly thought it was not his job to answer a basic question (after me talking to him), not once but twice and left me to wait for a girl who came over from the front desk whilst he just went and stood behind me (and yes he could speak English). Upon arriving later on 2 nights of our stay (around 11) in a taxi there was not anybody about in the foyer or a doorman this I find odd again in a hotel of this class. We did not eat or use any other facilities in the hotel but wished we had had time to go to the rooftop bar

If you can get a good price for your stay I say its well worth it (esp to get points), others may find the position of the hotel out of the way, but the Takeshiba monorail Station is right outside and you can walk to the train station in less that 10 mins or use the hotels shuttle bus (Bus stop No 5 at the bus terminal at Hamamatsu-cho station limited times). Would I stay here again, yes I would but would bring other toiletries and check the wallpaper, but the temptation of the fantastic bed and view would do it for me...

Berlin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Still a nice hotel with nice rooms, good location if you wanna go to Tokyo Big Sight (easy to access by train).
But...
I was here two years ago for the last time, and at that time it was way better.
2 years ago, the breakfast was a highlight, was served at lobby level in a spacious breakfast area.
Choice and quality were outstanding.
Unluckily they changed that.
Breakfast is now being served at 3rd floo, in a much smaller area.
At peaktims it´s totally overcrowded.
The choice is very limited now, long queue for fresh egg dishes.
One has to get the coffee at a coffee machine oneself, it is not being served at the table.
Therefore, the breakfast is totally overpriced (3,500 Yen), and it does not meet the standard that an Intercontinentalk should have.

Apart from that, I wanted to use the business centre...

And I had to find out, that it consists of a few computers, put on some small corner of the lobby level along with a printer.
That has nothing to do with a serviced business centre as I would excpect it in such a hotel.
When I was asking fo a scanner they just shook their heads.
nad I had to ask the concierge, as the business centre is not serviced.

So in general it could be a great hotel, if they would raise the standard of the services that you expect from an Intercontinenal Hotel.

If that doesn´t change, I would think about staying elsewhere next time...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Eventtectraveler,

Thank you for advising us of your dissatisfaction towards our amenities and service. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you. I understand why you are disappointed, let me assure you that this is not our usual level of service. Our management has taken note of this and proper action has been taken to ensure that situations of this nature will not reoccur in the future. Again, thank you for all your comments which help us identify areas of improvement. We hope to welcome you back to be able to demonstrate to you the true InterContinental service.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

As a Golf Member of IHG Club, i did not feel it when i stayed at Intercon Tokyo Bay. The room is smaller than other Intercons. No complimentary bottled water (not sure if tap water is okay). Concierge did not assist to carry our luggage to our hotel room. Staff at the counter is not proficient in English when we arrived, but when we checked out the lady who assisted is more proficient in English - remember this is a business hotel. TV channels are all in Japanese and limited, no CNN or BBC or Bloomberg. We were not informed that there is a shuttle bus plying from hotel to a main train station (we learned only on our last day of stay). No available transformers for our electronic gadgets (from 110 to 220), we were given a European transformer which we cannot use. We choose this hotel because it is an IHG hotel and because of the location - quiet and after a long day touring Tokyo, we can relax. The only thing best is teh fast WIFI.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear pinoy_fahrer,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
日本
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Smart, comfortable,,,, but a bit elegance touches ,,,, for staying with relaxations,,,..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay? Share your experiences!