“A Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay to your Saves list
InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1-16-2 Kaigan, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 105-8576, Japan   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Members Get Up to 35% Off
Ranked #18 of 92 hotels in Minato
MARS
“A Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I am just finishing my first stay at the Intercontinental Tokyo Bay. Being part of the IGH Group this hotel displays the appointments at the high end of their properties for what at a convenient location is reasonable value. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Everything about the room is comfortable and the Nespresso machine is a great touch for a westerner who has more than his fair share of bad instant coffee on the road. As loyalty member, I received the upgrade without a request. My only request would be for the hotel to carry a premium channel like HBO or Showtime in English but given as there was CNN and the Beeb then that was better than I normally get in the remotes of China. I saw concerns in other reviews over breakfast. Eating there with my local hosts there yesterday, I found the offering to be fine and with a ground coffee machine, I can't complain. Overall the food was fresh although the scrambled eggs could be firmer. There was no egg request station, with a little inquiry I don't think it would have been a problem requesting. If I had wanted something other than the expected buffet then I would have had room service, having been up since 4:00 AM - as normal.

Room Tip: If your an IGH loyalty member, request a free upgrade.

693 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed in Intercontinental Tokyo Bay for 2 nights and it was fair enough. The hotel is close to the Hamamasutcho JR station and they also offer a free shuttle service to and from the hotel.

The check in was quick and the bell boys are so polite and helpful. On the other hand, i got dissapointed with the front desk check in lady. She sounded rigid and inconsiderate. I complained because the welcome fruits for the ambassador members were chopped and was not prepared neatly (i will upload a photo) she said that it varies from hotel to hotel and they can't offer me anything else. What a dead end answer. The rooms were spacious but the furniture were outdated. They charged 3 types of taxes other than the room rate after i checked out and the other hotel within the city (intercontinental tokyo ANA) doesn't have these taxes. The fitness center are 2 adjacent rooms with running equipment. Thats it. Overall, what i liked about the hotel are the bell boys and the cleaning lady who are polite. The views of tokyo bay is commendable as well

• Stayed September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Sunkissedguy,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are truly delighted you found the level of service received from our bell boys and our housekeeping staff, highly commendable. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. As our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, we want you to know that the feedback we receive are taken seriously. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our front office team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements to our service to ensure guests do not experience this in the future.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your feedback and hope that you will consider us again on your next travel to Tokyo.

Joel B
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

All in all, good value for money.
Very friendly and client responsive staff downstairs. Rooms a bit dated and stuffy but still ok. If you are allergic to dust stay away. Carpets and lots of dust everywhere....

My main issue was breakfast. People in breakfast area unfriendly. Half of the trays were empty, not filled in time. The person at the egg station was very rude. He finally made me an omelette but did never bring it... A number of things ran out but got never refreshed. Even the Asian corner was very poor... And then the coffee. You have to get it yourself using a machine like in a petrol station... Definitely not intercontinental worthy.... I mentioned my issues with breakfast at reception but the lady looked at me and did not take any action.... It always baffles me that reception staff ask at check out whether you had enjoyed your stay. If you respond with no, they just continue and do nothing with that information... It is like that they have become suddenly deaf or that there is no procedure in case the customer is not happy....

Room Tip: Rooms with harbour view are nice but not a must....
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Globe_trot_traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from the restaurant staff. We were disappointed to read that when you visited the restaurant you did not find it to your tastes, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Ferdinand G
Northern ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Where to start really:

Firstly I stay in many Intercontinental Hotels throughout the world, so this isn't an isolated review.
Secondly I'm an Ambassador member so you can guess the number of nights I stay in hotels around the world.

As an Ambassador member you are supposedly guaranteed an upgrade, we'll not at the Tokyo Bay it would seem. On arrival I was told they had discounted my rate (and not by much) rather than give me an upgrade,

Then the food available in the hotel is, no other word for it "poor". After being out in company a few nights I just wanted a quite light meal before settling down. The hotel has recently refurbished its restaurant offerings, but sad to say they have not improved and offer a range of so called fine dining. But try and get a selection of Sushi or sashimi in this hotel, you have a better chance of taking your own fishing line and throwing it in the bay.

Also only had one drink in the hotel 900yen, £8, $12 for a very small coke!!

I stay here for work, if I had a choice I would stay somewhere else, suggest you do to.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel
Dear PaulAblenet,

Ferdinand G
nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Excellent service, great breakfast, close to the monorail and subway. I had dinner at the Teppanyaki TAKUMI, top 5 meals ever!!! Chef Hitoshi Taguchi's detail to service and quality can't be matched. The steak was great!!!

Room Tip: river view
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here on points.

Value:
Great! While other Intercontinental hotels in Tokyo/Yokohama require more points, this one only charged IHG Rewards Club 35,000 points for a night.

Interior Decor:
High class standard. Luxurious in design, taste and perception.

Exterior Appearance:
High class hotel by Tokyo Bay in the middle of the city.

View from the room I stayed:
Tokyo Bay.

Soft and comfortable

Bathroom:
Luxurious

Services:
Professionally trained staffs - polite and courteous

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
渋谷
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

From the stayed room ,The bay bridge shining ormpic color and another window gave us the Tokyo Tower Which has also ormpic irumination. Feel so fantastic night !

• Stayed September 2013

Been to InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay? Share your experiences!