You know the kind of place: four stars is "very good", and it wasn't that, but only three for "average" is to short-change it a bit.
The rooms were comfortable enough, the area pleasant if unexciting, the restaurant food palatable but nothing ti write home about. The bar area is perhaps the best aspect, funky furniture and the opportunity to sample Shochu were enough to pull us in. Gym was laughable: advertised as a panoramic view of the river it was just 2 normal guest rooms knocked together, cramped and tired, and very average of view: quite why you have to become an IHG Priority member to get in here remains a mystery to me.
We stayed here because it was close to the Pokemon Center which the kids had wanted to visit for years, and because it's easy to get out from here to Haneda for a 6:30a.m. flight. There's not really much that else to make you want to try it. Enough said.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You can practically feel the heartbeat of the city from the impressive InterContinental Tokyo Bay. Convenient for business or pleasure travel, the hotel puts you in easy reach of business, shopping and entertainment centres including the World Trade Center Tokyo, Shiodome and Ginza. The Imperial Palace and Shiki Theatre provide tastes of culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Tokyo Bay
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay Japan