This hotel has a really great view on the Tokyo Bay. You can just stay hours watching at the sea activity from your room. It is located in a very quiet quarter of Tokyo.
However, i found that the rooms are not at the level of the expensive price, old furniture, curtains that are very old and not clean, small TV with not a lot of English / International channels, Wifi at an expensive price.
Moreover, if the personal is very polite, their english is quite poor, so they really do not understand when you ask for something not classical. The check-in was made by a trainee, nice girl who was very difficult to understand. Same for the concierge, it took me a lot of time to explain that I needed a glass of water with sugar because my wife was feeling bad (and nobody cam to check if everything was fine with her).
The restaurants are very expensive, when you take the buffet they oblige you to have a very good but very heavy soup, maybe to ensure that you are less hungry when you start the buffet ?
Same issue with English language with the restaurants. However you can have great lunch / dinner at good price near the Daemon metro station not far from the hotel, there is a nice japanese park near this station also.
There is no free hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel. No ATM to withdraw money (be careful the majority of the ATM around the hotel do not take International card - you will have to go near Daemon Metro station at 10 mn walk). No travel agency in the hotel, you cannot reserve train or airplane ticket (FYI : for train ticket no need to go to Tokyo station, you can make reservation at the JR Hamamatsucho station).
So globally the level of service you are expecting for the price is clearly not there.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Tokyo Bay
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay Japan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You can practically feel the heartbeat of the city from the impressive InterContinental Tokyo Bay. Convenient for business or pleasure travel, the hotel puts you in easy reach of business, shopping and entertainment centres including the World Trade Center Tokyo, Shiodome and Ginza. The Imperial Palace and Shiki Theatre provide tastes of culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.