We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel. Being Platinum Ambassador members for InterContinental, we were given an upgrade room on an upper floor which included free buffet breakfast, cocktails and small horse d'ouvres buffet in the early evening and free bottled water and basket of fruits. The room was absolutely beautiful, with a great view of the Tokyo Bay. Our daughters' room was on a lower floor, no upgrade, and that room was not as nice as ours, but it was the same size, just the decor was different. The hotel staff, while extremely attentive and polite, is lacking on English language skills, and it was very difficult at times to ask questions about tours and recommendations for restaurants since they did not understand what was being asked. That is the only reason I did not give it 5 stars rating. The bell captain, though, went above and beyond his call of duty giving us information about the Metro system, bus schedules, etc. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the Hamamatsucho bus terminal and Daemon Metro terminal, and the hotel offers a free shuttle every 20 minutes that runs between the hotel and the bus terminal. This service is right on time, every time. The buffet breakfast was amazing and the cocktails in early evening served in the New York lobby (the club is being renovated) were also excellent, and the lobby is absolutely gorgeous. The Tokyo Bay tour boats dock on the pier right next to the hotel and the fish market is also very close. Next time we are in Tokyo, we would definetely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You can practically feel the heartbeat of the city from the impressive InterContinental Tokyo Bay. Convenient for business or pleasure travel, the hotel puts you in easy reach of business, shopping and entertainment centres including the World Trade Center Tokyo, Shiodome and Ginza. The Imperial Palace and Shiki Theatre provide tastes of culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, IHG, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Tokyo Bay
- Intercontinental Hotel Minato
- InterContinental Hotel Tokyo Bay Japan