“A hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert
Description: THE best casual but fine dine!French Italien restaurant in Tokyo. Located center of Tokyo. Between Roppongi, Hiroo, Nogizaka, Omotesando Station.We accept visa MasterCard AMEX credits.
Tokyo, Japan
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Les Rendez-vous de Tokyo is a hidden gem, within walking distance from Roppongi and Nishi-Azabu stations. The restaurant is on the basement level but it's actually quite easy to find and you should easily spot the cute sign by the front entrance which is located on the street corner.

The rustic decor inside makes it feel a casual affair where you can relax with your friends or even strangers but being a small place, with perhaps about 15 seats, you can make it an intimate occasion with whoever you go with. Making a reservation is recommended but also quite easy as they are constantly connected to Facebook/Twitter and the interwebs. Phone also works too.

The owner, Ayano, is such a cheerful character and who has previously worked as a sommelière at Michelin starred restaurants just around the corner in Midtown and in wineries in Australia. When we visited she picked out some very tasty wines for us and even some sparkling wine for our anniversary. She will happily chat with diners in Japanese or English and after a long day Ayano will definitely put a smile back on your face. I'm sure the wine helps too ;) She does respect your space however so don't worry if you want an intimate meal with your other half.

Then of course, the food! The French style cuisine is exquisitely executed by the very talented chef. Not only was the food wonderfully presented, it tasted so good that both my wife and I were savouring every mouthful. Normally I just eat my meals really quickly. Our tastebuds were simply treated to a fine dining experience. You just have to try it to believe me. For desert we had the "world's best" fondant chocolat, as Ayano described it, and I can certainly say it was one of the best I have ever had. If you go for the fixed menus they are currently about 5000-7000 Yen but I think it is worth it for food and service like this. Just ask for their recommended dishes if you don't know what to order - we did and we weren't disappointed. I would definitely come back the next time I am in the Tokyo.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RendezvousTokyo, オーナー at Les Rendez-vous de Tokyo, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you very much for this!
You wrote' Ayano will definitely put a smile back on your face. '
I and WE try to do this today too!
Please come back again soon!

100% Recommend
“Relaxing and empowering”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

On a helpless hot summer midnight, we revisited Ayano, owner-sommelière, and asked for something cool! We got a crisp and refreshing glass of rosé, and a small but exquisite bite from chef Tsuru at the counter. As the night progresses, with several glasses of wines from Australia,
where Ayano worked in wine making, the restaurant became busy again with English speaking folks, in a jovial and convivial atmosphere.
We'll be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you very much!

If you own or manage Les Rendez-vous de Tokyo, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.