“Tied for 2nd best pizza in my life” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Tied for 2nd best pizza in my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Was walking south east from the towers and looking for a bite to eat. Saw lots of high reviews for this TINY place. Decided to pop in.

First impression of the place I thought it was nice for a hole in the wall restaurant. At most 10 seats, barstool style, which surrounds the oven and prep area.

Menu has lots of appys but only 2 pizzas. Appys reasonable priced, beer is typical, pizza seems high but take a look at the ingredients... That's REAL mozzarella they are using, not the processed stuff most use.

While we were having the appys we were wondering why the cook wasn't making the pizza. We soon found out after the appetizers were finished we watched the show. It probably took a whole 3 minutes to make and cook the pizza (in a real wood stove). We were impressed, but soon found out the real treat is the pizza. I have to say this is a tie for the second best pizza I've ever had (the best being my dads, love the spicy sauce).

We shared one pizza but you could easily have one yourself. Top marks on all fronts! If near city towers highly recommend this hole in the wall. I would go back in a heart beat!

Visited October 2013

NYC
“Never thought I would write a review on Pizza, BUT can not resist.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I live in NYC and well traveled. Savoy is bar far the best pizza I have had. This is the first time where the sauce and crust were perfect!
Highly recommend for some beer and pizza.
Small simple pizza bar with some jazz music playing in the background.
Service is great, received a warm and fun welcome upon arrival.
Trust me, I never thought pizza could make me so happy & write a review!!!
Still have Savoy cravings from time to time and laugh with my husband over how we wish we lived in Tokyo, just for this pizza.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville, TN
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is by far one of the best restaurants I've ever been to (and I've been to a lot around the world). The pizza is fantastic. The montepulciano wine is a great accompaniment. Actually talked the chef into an off menu pizza this last time. For a westerners, this is a great taste of home and a fantastic break from the sushi.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tokyo, Japan
“Best Napolitan pizza in Tokyo - have tried most of them”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Love Savoy - simple and fantastic. Go in for a beer and a pizza or two. Also can ask for the 'blanco' which isn't on the menu, but is a very solid white pizza. Can't go wrong with any of them. There are former Savoy chefs who have opened their own places, and i've been to most but they just haven't replicated Savoy. Savoy consistently is #1...not sure if it's the quality of the mozzarella or the sauce, but it's just the best.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Surrey
“Authentic and Simple = Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is as simple as it gets... 500c woodfired oven, a dozen seats, and either margherita or marinara pizza. Perfect dough stretched thin, hits the oven for about 90 seconds, and out comes perfection. There are a range of salads and other bits if you like, but the star of the show is the pizza. If charred-crust neaopolitan is your style, then savoy is your place. They don't speak much English, but couldn't be nicer. Bravo!

Visited March 2013