“GAINT DELICIOUS MONSTER SIZE SOUPS” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tsurutontan Roppongi

Tsurutontan Roppongi
3-14-12 Roppongi | Roppong 3Chome Building, Minato 106-0032, Tokyo Prefecture (Akasaka / Roppongi)
+81 3-5786-2626
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
London, United Kingdom
“GAINT DELICIOUS MONSTER SIZE SOUPS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had to try these from first sight after walking by seeing the size of these and long queues.
Very pleased, all fresh and great tasting, treated very well at times like VIP's for some reason.
A lot to choose from so coming back for more is a must.
We left completely full but feeling good as the food quality is that of a high and healthy level.
Recommended.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
San Francisco, California
“Really, really great udon!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I came here two years ago (2010) and had a phenomenal experience. It was my first meal in Tokyo. I had the most terrible flight coming in and I was extremely exhausted. I was just ready to eat. The hotel told me to come here, so I somehow stumbled my way down the street and asked some guy, "Where is Tsurutontan?" His reply: "Here!"

I looked up--sure enough... in Hiragana, "Tsurutontan"

Noodles are perfect. They had a beef stew flavor with a dollop of sour cream that was just delightful. A little spicy, too! The presentation, quality of food, and taste were superb. I sat by myself at the bar watching the chefs make their noodles as I waited for mine. Incredible experience for my first meal in Tokyo.

I came back two years later (2012). The line was out the door around dinner time and they seemed to be turning out customers incredibly fast. Compared to last time, I felt a little more rushed and the choices on the menu were not as appealing to me as the first time. They also took my beef stew off the menu! :( They also sat us in the back, which is far less cool than sitting in the front of the restaurant.

The udon was still high quality and delicious, but the broth was a little cooler than I would have liked and I found a short hair on my spoon (not mine--I have long hair). I was super sad about all of this.

Because the food is still superb overall, I still give it 4 stars. A balance of 5 from my first visit and 3 from my second visit.

But still damn good udon.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City
“The best udon in Roppongi, hands down!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is for all you foreigners looking to find great food in Roppongi - GO HERE. I never see any foreigners here, just locals. If you want amazing udon, you must come here. There is a variety of them, including the special seasonal udon, curry udon, tempura udon, nabeyaki udon, you name it, it's all here! It's crowded, but that's a good thing, because it's so good and very popular with the crowd. They come in huge bowls so you wouldn't have to worry about small portions. It was a great find, and I make sure to come here every time I visit Tokyo.

• Visited July 2012