“Great Spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant omae XEX

Restaurant omae XEX
7-21-19 Roppongi | 1 Field I.K.N. Roppongi Building, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 〒106-0032, Japan
+81 3-3479-0065
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 6,476 Restaurants in Minato
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Established in 1987, named "XEX Club House" at that time, and known as the first "members only" venue in Japan, XEX quickly become one of the most popular spot in Tokyo, crowded not only with Japanese celebrities, but as well became a favoured destination of major Hollywood stars. Today, open for the public, restaurant Omae XEX is still attracting the Hi Life in Tokyo.
Boston MA
“Great Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Some of the best teppanyaki you can have. Really nice people. Great bartender. Cooks with a good sense of humor. They cut the meat near the cooking stations. The shrimp sashimi is amongst the best appetizers I have had anywhere. You should go out of your way to come here. 4.5 stars.

• Visited May 2013

Louisville, Kentucky
“A can't miss if in Tokyo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My fiance and I had reservations for Saturday night, our last in Japan, at the sushi bar. It was absolutely pouring rain outside, but thankfully we were tipped off ahead of time that the entrance is somewhat hidden. So when the cab stopped in an alley in what appeared to a residential area our only clue we were in the right place was the strip of LED lights right to the door.

Once inside we were met with a pleasurable and attentive staff who immediately took our coats, umbrellas and seated us.

There is a nice calm and soothing ambiance and the wait staff is excellent and extremely attentive. Great sake selections.

We both chose the pre fixe specials with my fiance getting the small / moderate option and me getting the full gambit. Fortunately, we were also awarded the senior chef who immediately asked if we spoke any Japanese. We do not. However, we were able to communicate quite effectively with one another through the dinner. He went above and beyond and gave us many, many extras. Highlights include the toro tartare, wasabi infused roe, grilled toro nigiri and for me the kobe beef. We left full, happy and quite satisfied in the entire meal and experience.

Remember I said it was pouring when we arrived? Well it still was when it was time to leave. Just as I was about to ask the if someone could phone us a cab the manager approached and asked if we done and ready to leave. I said we were at which point we were told they had a limo waiting for us and their driver would take us anywhere we chose. Wonderful gesture and one we gladly accepted considering the conditions. When we are in Tokyo again we definitely be returning.

NYC
“Great teppanyaki restaurant in Roppongi - awesome meal and incredible service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I went to omae XEX last night (on my last night in Tokyo before flying back home) and it was the perfect way to end an unforgettable trip.

First - the service was excellent. I felt like a true celebrity. I came in and they were expecting me. They addressed me by my name the entire time so I felt like they truly appreciated that I was there.

Second - the restaurant itself is so cool! The ambiance is very dramatic. It's dark and the chef cooking on the teppanyaki grill is where the spotlights are. I highly recommend you sit at the grill on the counter, even if you are in a larger group as its truly part of the experience.

I had the tasting menu which included the chateaubriand Japanese beef. Perfection! The meat was so tender and juicy with no fat. Spectacular!
Also, the signature shrimp tartare was excellent and the little wasabi mash potato that comes with was out of the world. I had the garlic rice for the last portion of the meal and that was a nice touch.
Finished off the meal with ice cream with green tea poured on top. Sounds weird but it's delicious!!!!
The manager of the restaurant explained how to eat some of the dishes that came out, which was incredibly helpful and thoughtful.

When I finished my excellent meal and headed to the door, there was a waiter that helped me to the door and another person that helped me to the street carrying an umbrella. She looked very concerned when I told her I was not taking a cab which was really thoughtful and sweet.

Even though chef morimoto is no longer the chef at this restaurant, the food is still spectacular and the service is truly outstanding. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great meal and is not afraid to spend the money (my meal came out to about $140. So worth it!)

• Visited May 2013
Vancouver Island, Canada
“The food and the staff were excellent.......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Richard, Vancouver Canada.....

First of all, it took me a while to find the restaurant since I just followed directions on google map and the road signs in Tokyo were all written in Japanese.....My first impression of the restaurant isn't much...Looks kinda small from the outside but once you're inside, you are treated to a visual feast, the ambience and the décor of the restaurant is really stylish and classy.........The staff were all trained and courteous...I'd also like to make special mention of the manager and the hostess Anna......I am really sorry but I can't remember the name of the manager...My bad.....I should have asked for his card but he did speak good English since he mentioned he stayed in Toronto for a number of years.....Anna was very warm and accommodating right from the start and that great smile alone would have made the visit worthwhile......We were both from Manila originally and that warm Filipino hospitality made the place warm and less imposing......The manager and Anna made the dinner extra special since both of them were so courteous and attentive....Now for the food......The lobster and the abalone were exquisitely cooked....The beef is so tender...it literally melts in your mouth......Price might be a little steep but it's the best dinner and teppanyaki I've had......Definitely a must go if I ever visit Tokyo again........

Berlin, Germany
“Awesome Teppanyaki food! If you're in Tokyo, go there.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The location is really stunning and stylish and the food is awesome - as well as the preparation and presentation. Look at my pictures and you know what I mean. If you're in Tokyo and you'd like to try Teppanyaki - go there. You definitely won't be disappointed. Reservation recommended.