“Don't miss !!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Stockholm, Sweden
“Don't miss !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

The best restaurant in Asia. Very interesting meny, i got sea-turtle, sea snake buljong and they are extremely good. The price is reasonable for that quality of culinary art. I recommend the place!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
“Impeccable food and dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Simply put, this was one of the best meals I've ever had. The overall experience in terms of food, service, ambiance and also the idea/theme behind the food choice and presentation was excellent.

Other people have described it in extensive detail so all I'll say is that alongside the above the also made what was possibly the best bread (and butter) I've ever tasted. And to top it all off, the bread was cooked on our table right in front of us!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“More than just a meal: Food & Philosophy at Narisawa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

In a visit to Narisawa you'll experience something quite unique. More than just a meal, you'll get to share in the chef's vision of food and life. Closer philosophically to Washoku than French cusine, Narisawa's cuisine is similar to kaiseki with it's multi-course presentation, reverence for seasonal changes and respect for each individual ingredient. Yet it is a wholly different experience in a modern, experimental way.
The service was outstanding with an attentive, international team of multilingual waiters and sommelier, every one of whom I found very knowledgable and quite personable, happy to stop for a longer chat about wine or food in several languages!
The night was immensely enjoyable and relaxed. We had a great view into the kitchen and could watch the whole team hard at work overseen by Narisawa-san.
It was interesting to note some international patrons at a nearby table who barely spoke to eachother & totally ignored the sommelier & the waiters whenever they explained a new dish, instead they spent the whole night with faces in their iphones - not a word of thanks or any acknowledgement did I see or hear ... some people are just ignorant and lack manners. (I guess they were probably busy preparing their next negative review.) Anyhow, I think the waiters and sommelier did a phenomenal job and I enjoyed my interaction with them as we got insights into the chef's sources & techniques - it also made the experience a very warm one.
The wine course was also a great experience - a surprising and interesting mix of old world wines, Japanese koshu, and nihonshu.
It's very easy to book a table online from overseas (but you need to register and login first at the top of their reservations page.)
And yes, dinner plus wine course will require an overdraft from your bank, so be prepared!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic dining experience. 2** Michelin definitely, best in Japan.... maybe....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We ate in Narisawa last week. The entire experience was of an extremely high standard in keeping with their reputation. Service is absolutely top class; food excellent almost throughout with one or two more average dishes.

The first thing to mention with Narisawa is the standard of service and the general ambiance created in the restaurant. All of the staff were faultlessly courteous and knowledgeable about the elaborate menu presented. The flow of the meal and dining room atmosphere are very nicely measured.

The food was very inventive, in line with the chef's philosophy of keeping ingredients and dishes natural. Some dishes plated, for example the eggplant dish, looked better than they tasted, aided by some dramatic downlighting. By in large, however, each course was fantastic. The beef, alfonsino and langoustine courses were the highlights for me, together with the famous 'bread of the forest'. We tried two Boudreaux wines and a Pinot Gri - all superb.

We enjoyed Narisawa hugely and felt it presented good value. The food philosophy and quality of service make for a superior dining experience deserving of two Michelin stars. Best in Japan.... we'll see.

Singapore
“Evolving with the forest - food and nature in harmony”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Someone recommended us this place and despite many tries, we could not make a booking through their website. I decided to ring up and lo and behold, there was a cancellation and we had a lunch booking for 2!

Upon our arrival, we were ushered by the wait staff to a table which was quite near to the kitchen. The theme for the menu was "Evolve with the Forest" and true to its name, we were presented with course after course of unique dishes celebrating the fruits of the forest and the abundance that nature has to offer. Each dish was more presented more exotic than the other which made us focus more on how the food looked as opposed to how they tasted.

The first course was the bread of the forest which was baked in hot stone. When it was finally ready, they served it with butter caked in green "grass" or "moth" looking bits to blend in with the forest theme.

The Essence of the forest came next which was a mixture of many items made to look like soil and grass mixed up and the "essence" was she forest water in a bamboo which tasted...hmm, kind of earthy. I read that some reviews have described the water as mud water - I don't think that was fair but to each his own.

The sumi came next which were 2 pieces of items looking very much likes stones. I cannot quite remember what it was but if I am not wrong, there was raddish inside the stones (!!) - see photos.

The early summer mountain and sea followed which was a kind of fish but I forgot which kind. Scene of the seashore was the squid bathe in dry ice to create a seashore effect with splashing waves as described by the service staff.

Langoustine garden was another dish which I cannot remember what it was. My husband insists that it was a prawn underneath the shrubs but I am not certain. Even a look at the photo cannot re-jog my memory, unfortunately. The white asparagus and clam soup arrived next to my delight as I was looking forward to something simple. It had a bitter and salty taste which I quite
enjoyed.

The kashu pork and alfonsino fish and hida beef came in succession. Beef completely blew us off as it was presented to us like charcoal. They then took it to the kitchen to be cut up and served. Tasted wonderful.

By then, we were completely full but was still presented with 2 more desserts and a buffet of sweet delicacies. Amazing.

Overall, we were completely overwhelmed by the creativity of the kitchen team in the
presentation of the food. At times, it felt like the dishes were too beautiful to be eaten. It's definitely an experience which I would recommend all who enjoy good and exquisite looking dishes.

• Visited June 2014