“convenient location and comfortable room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel MyStays Hamamatsucho

You added Hotel MyStays Hamamatsucho to your Saves list
Hotel MyStays Hamamatsucho
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1-18-14 Hamamatsucho, Minato 105-0013, Tokyo Prefecture   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #36 of 95 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
4.0 of 5 stars 200 Reviews
NYC
“convenient location and comfortable room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I chose this hotel mainly for its convenience to the Tokyo Monorail as I had a very early flight out of Haneda Airport. I stayed last year in a MyStays in Fukuoka and was pleased there so I felt I knew what to expect.

The room was comfortable with the usual amenities - as a previous review said, there was no wi-fi but the LAN cord was long enough to bring my laptop over to the bed so that worked for me.

The bathroom was a nice size and had the usual items and the sleep shirt was very comfy. I enjoyed the hard contoured pillow and had good nights of sleep for the four I stayed.

I had never been in that area of Tokyo before and found it convenient to the JR Yamanote and two subway lines in addition to the Monorail. Also there are many combinis and restaurants nearby.

I was able to see the top of Tokyo Tower from my window.

The front desk staff were very efficient - once when I came back mid-day with a package that I wanted to leave in my room and the room was being cleaned, I left it with the front desk and it was put in my room by the time I returned.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed there for 5 nights in the Superior Tower View Room when I first got in Japan then one more night in a Moderate Room before leaving two weeks later. Both were very nice, beds are really comfortable with a choice of two pillows, one of them being a memory foam pillow. Most people complain beause there is only LAN cable Internet and no wifi, but for me, it worked well, I guess because I used a computer and not a mobile phone, and the cable was long enough to bring my laptop in bed. The only complain I would have, which isn't really one, is that the room was a little hot for me (22-24 °C), but I think it is only me, because I found all the different rooms I stayed at during my trip (four total) were hot; I'm used to sleep in a room at 18-20 °C!

I will definitely stay there again when I go back to Japan, someday.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Great price for the location, clean and modern-looking room and comfy bed (booked double and got a queen). The room is small (typical of Tokyo) but if you're like us out all day and just returning to shower and sleep, then this place works great!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed in an "enhanced" room for 6 days. Slightly bigger than the normal room but less claustrophobic for longer period of stay. Overall did the job: good price, had everything we needed. The location is excellent with transport links. Most convenient for Haneda airport. Note: it does not have any laundry facilities even though the website sort of suggests it does.

Fremantle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

A typical MyStays hotel - which is a good thing. Go out the North exit of Hamamatsucho JR station - walk up the main road to your left for about 4mins - turn right at Big Echo Karaoke (the one on the left hand side of the road, not the right) - walk about 250m and it's on the right (after the Hawaiian bar/restaurant). Very comfortable and clean. Lovely free coffee available in the ground floor lobby. Good city views available from higher floors - can even request a view of the tower. Good convenience stores all around which we used every time we walked past for breakfast, late night snacks etc. Daimon subway a few mins walk away, which is perfect for the Tsukiji fish market - 4mins on the Oedo line to Tsukijishijo station. Hamamatsucho station is about 5-8mins walk away and is on the JR Yamanote line (Shinjuku 25mins away). Tokyo monorail is next to H station (Haneda airport about 30mins). We also used the monorail to get to Tokyo Big Sight for the anime fair. Only real complaint - no wifi to be had in the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last late March 2013. The value-for-money is excellent and the location is great too (a 5 mins walk from Hamatsucho station). The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean, modern and comfortable. Bear in mind that rooms in Japan usually are very small, as is the case with this hotel. Nevertheless, because the great value I would certainly recommend this hotel!

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the hotel and found it to be clean, quiet and well-located. We could easily get around the city from the hotel and found a Le Pan Cuotidien within 5 minutes walking distance which was a great option for breakfast and close to an interesting temple.

The free coffee in the lobby was great and the hotel is close to a mini-mart that was open late, so we were able to get something when we got in at 1am.

Don't hesitate to book a room here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel MyStays Hamamatsucho? Share your experiences!