“Good Value at Hamamatsucho” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel MyStays Hamamatsucho

You added Hotel MyStays Hamamatsucho to your Saves list
Hotel MyStays Hamamatsucho
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1-18-14 Hamamatsucho, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 105-0013, Japan   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #35 of 94 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Berkeley, California, USA
“Good Value at Hamamatsucho”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Hotel was clean and there were no problems with my stay. Rooms were not huge but adequate for a business hotel. Wired internet was not problem as I brought an Apple Airport Express to use with my iPad. There's a bit of a step between the room and the bathroom so watch your step at night. Could not find any English language TV stations but who stays in the room to watch TV? Location was a little walk from the station but not far. I had a bit of a hard time locating the hotel at first as their signs are on the small size.

I was very satisfied with my 4 night stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
NYC, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed at the MyStays Hamamatsucho for one night prior to an event that I was attending in Tokyo. The service was excellent, and the room was spotlessly clean and comfortable. As a solo female traveler, I felt safe and secure in the hotel. I appreciated the little kettle in the room to make tea, and the mini-fridge was a great amenity as well. As I did not have a computer with me, I couldn't take advantage of the free internet service, and while free wireless service in the room rather than just in the lobby area would have been a nice luxury I can't really complain as the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Roppongi (where my event was held) only offered wireless service as pay-per-use amenity!

I would definitely recommend the MyStays Hamamatsucho to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Not just for business, this hotel is perfect for a single traveller or a couple looking for a really convenient location on the JR Yamanote line (Central Tokyo). It’s clean, it has everything you really need, from TV, hairdryer, pant press all the way down to mini laptop speakers, free LAN internet, TEMPUR like foam pillow and washlet toilets. There is also free Lavazza coffee in the lobby that you can get anytime.

The pricing for this hotel is a real bargain- Single rooms go from about 7000yen (about 87$USD) depending on the size of the room and the day you stay, which are impossible prices to beat in central Tokyo.

This hotel seems to have been renovated, so no scary carpets or bedding~ The carpets are clean, bedding is white and crisp and the walls are newly wallpapered. Rooms are still business-hotel sized, that’s unavoidable in Tokyo, but it’s adequate. All appliances are new and updated, flat screen HD television, and even an air filter for ionization. I slept very well, the beds are nice and firm and I love the foam pillows (regular pillows are also provided).

It is a 2-3 minute walk from both Hamamatuscho JR Yamonote station (North Exit) and Daimon Metro (Toei Asakusa Line and Toei Oedo Line Toei Asakusa Line and Toei Oedo Line Exit A2). You are on the East side of Tokyo, close to Ginza and Tokyo Station. You are walking distance from Zozoji Temple and Tokyo Tower, and a short train ride from Tsukiji Fish Market, Shinjuku, Roppongi on the Oedo line (no transferring needed). Getting to Haneda airport is very convenient, there’s the monorail station upstairs of the Hamamatsucho JR, taking about 20min (please check the monorail schedule, as it is unfortunately not running 24 hours yet).

Being located in a business area, there are many restaurants and bars around that are reasonably priced. The streets are empty on the weekends, which is a nice thing if you like quiet –in contrast to noisy areas like Shinjuku or Ikebukero.

I had reserved a single room for 3 nights online. I needed to add a 4th night to the beginning of my stay but all singles were occupied so instead booked a superior room at a higher price. Upon arrival I asked the reception if I was able to stay in one room without having to switch rooms mid-stay-he arranged for me to stay in the superior room for all 4 nights, with 3 of those nights at the single room rate. He seems to understand guests’ needs and convenience and spoke English well.

I just checked the website and noticed that the listed rates are not the same as the actual rates, so you may be pleasantly surprised to see the actual rates after entering your preferred dates. I guess it all depends on the season and availability. They also have promotions. http://www.wmt.co.jp/en/location/ms_hamamatsucho/index.html

I had a very comfortable stay here and would definitely stay here my next trip (and I do go to Tokyo quite often).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

The hotel is very clean. There was some minor issue with the toilet. It took one phone call to have a guy sent up fixing it in matter of minutes. Location is walking distance(with luggage) to 2 subway stations, one of which is on the Yamanote line, which takes you to the Tokyo station where the airport express is. The staff is very polite. The room is somewhat small, but enough to move around in and have a place for everything.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed at the MyStays Hamamatsucho March 17-23 2012, and found that it met a surpassed all my needs. I was alone, and had only one large suitcase (but two other small bags, and tons of camera gear + a laptop) and found the room perfectly fine size-wise. Sure, it was small but nothing that wasn't expected, and it wasn't much smaller than rooms I've had when traveling in Europe. The entire hotel was super clean, the bed was very comfy and I honestly slept deeply every night, something that is often difficult for me when traveling. Little touches like complimentary tea and an electric kettle in the room, made relaxing in the evening easy, and the super deep tub ( I had the Superior tower room which has a bath) was a godsend at the end of a long, physically demanding day. I was in Tokyo for work, as a photographer shooting Tokyo Fashion Week, and I had to find my way to venues all over the city for runway shows. The MyStays was in an excellent location to do this from as it is super close to both the Daimon subway stop and the Hamamatsucho JR line. Over the course of 7 days I had the chance to interact with everyone at the front desk and several women who were in housekeeping and every person was very friendly, helpful and all around made me feel welcome. I would definitely stay again next time I am in Tokyo.

Room Tip: The Superior tower room not only has a great view of Tokyo tower, but the soaking tub is awesome at...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

First impression walking into the room was 'wow'! It was quite modern with a really nice colour decor in the room. We were lucky enough to be on the top floor and the views from the room were amazing! The area of Hamamatsucho lit up like the Tokyo I remember and you could even see the Rainbow Bridge from here. The Hotel was fairly easy to find from the JR Station, a little confusing until we got our bearings. Walk west from the JR Station North Exit and go for a couple of blocks, turn right and walk a ways down the road - it is opposite a Lawson's Convenience Store. Signage was hard to find unless you knew what you were looking for.
We stayed for 1 night as it was a layover to Kyoto. Room gave us the basic conveniences we needed - tv, internet, fridge & amenities. Of course the room is small, it was cramped with us both in there with our luggage - thus highly suitable for the single traveller or a couple with a short stay.
Staff were nice at the front desk although not much interaction. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012 via mobile

Excellent location 5mins walk from Hamamatsucho JR station & Damon Station.
Great value hotel for the convenience. Close to Post Office and 7-11 store down the road with ATM for cash withdrawals with a foreign bank card.
Pharmacy nearby too.
Plenty of restaurants in area, spoilt for choice!
It is only 10nins walk to the temple where we counted down to 2012 with Tokyo Tower in the backdrop while everyone released balloons in the air n tossed coins for good luck. Great atmosphere for a NYE night.
Rooms are small in whole of Tokyo. It's norm.

The hotel lobby has self-serve hot Lavazza espressos for guests anytime of day. Free cable Internet in rooms!!

Look no further, it's the best of 5hotels we stayed in Tokyo over the years for this price.

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Hotel MyStays Hamamatsucho? Share your experiences!