“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

Takazawa should definitely be included in your Tokyo culinary tour. Run by Takazawa and his wife the service was warm and welcoming, with perfect spoken english. The concepts behind the food and the menu were creative and beautifully presented. The 9 course meal was a good amount of food and the wine matching was well recommended. The interior was a little cold, but apart from that an experience that could not be faulted.

• Visited September 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Zagreb, Croatia
“Something different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We just recently visited this place and liked it a lot. The presentation, story behind the food, deception in visual expression, overall a memorable experience. However, I must say that it was quite expensive (when you add alcohol) and I will dare to say that at some points I felt the food looked better than it had tasted and that altogether I prefered the story and presentation over the taste.
It is a small place, so reservation is a must. Great service - Akiko was very helpful and friendly.... Not really easy to find even though we took a taxi...

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, Virginia
“Unforgettable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Loved my dining experience this evening--truly unforgettable. Each dish so carefully and artistically presented with ingredients fresh, local, and of the highest quality. When I looked at my watch and saw that 3.5 hours had passed I was shocked! The pacing of the courses, parings with suggested drinks, and service were impeccable. One of the finest meals I have ever had! Loved the intimate setting, and being able to watch the chef prepare the dishes. This meal is not for picky eaters, however. One dish was baby fish that was displayed to us in a bowl while alive, before the chef flash fried it. Not for the faint of heart. Also, another dish was horse meat, a rare delicacy in some parts of Japan. Loved the beef rice curry, dinasour egg, and fresh vegetable creations. Pure genius, I would highly recommend this gem.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Wonderful! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

What a really wonderful experience!

We are not posh foodies, but we wanted to try something special for our last night in Tokyo and boy was it special!

From the minute we booked via email until we arrived the communication with Akiko was fast and always charming. When we arrived at the restaurant we were greated by name and warmly welcomed.

Chef was so friendly showing us pictures on his iPad of where the ingredients we were eating came from. And as for the food, it was edible art! Shocking, amazing and delicious. Every single mouthful was like nothing I had ever tasked before. It was a journey from the first till the tell tenth dish.

Thank you so much for an amazing experience. We will not forget it.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Amazing - really great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I would really suggest to all of you this place - it is a unique experience - really worth it!
This is the kind of place that you remember for years.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Takazawa? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Takazawa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.