“Delicious, playfull, and very friendly staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Japanese, Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Texas
“Delicious, playfull, and very friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I loved eating at Takazawa.
Positives:
- Flavor: The dishes were original, delicious and playful. And as always in Japan, a true pleasure to look at. Nice mixture of french and japanese cooking.
- Service: Both the chef and his wife
- Ambiance- Very elegant and classy small restaurant (only serves 10 people) with a traditional japanese open kitchen (not very common in French restaurants).

Negatives:
The restaurant in general is expensive. The food is totally worth it. With found the wine list pairing really really expensive, specially for all Japanese wines.

We would recommend going to Takazawa and enjoy a wonderful dinning experience in Tokyo.

• Visited September 2013

100% Recommend
Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia
“Truly Remarkble.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

This was truly a remarkable dinner.

We dined here back in June, and it was amongst our greatest highlight to visiting Japan.

Yes it expensive.
Yes it is exclusive.
Yes it is hard to find. (Not really!)

I would easily pay the expense of dining again.

From the first course to the last, every morsel was divine, challenging and perfectly executed.

I was surprised by the quality of the wines that were matched, as I was not anticipating Japan to have wines that would be comparable to world class wines. I was wrong. They simply danced on the tounge and were matched extremely well to the courses given during the night.

Akiko embodies what you would expect as Maitre D in a restuarant of this caliber. She speaks perfect English, and is open for conversation outside of the food and wine, but knows how to exit the conversation to continue working.

Yoshi, the chef, was just amazing to watch. Calm, calculated, and concise. Perfection.

At the end of the meal, they both came out to bid us farewell.

Truly a remarkable evening.

I know the next time I am in Tokyo, I will go back.

Jake & Jade from Australia

• Visited June 2013
東京
“Luxurious time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have got at this smart, and fantastic restaurant at last.

I really wanted to come here for all the time.

I had to email a lot of times to make this reservation.
I received a lot of emails of the confirmation.

There is this restaurant at an opposite of the main street, so it is difficult to find there.

There is an open kitchen in front of our table, so we can watch it when we get ready for the cooking by them in front.
The course has been already chosen by the email in advance.
They served a lot of dishes for us as we were not able to count.
From hors d'oeuvres to dessert, the eyes which I watched of all the menus are very beautiful and are delicate at all.
It is not necessary for me to mention the taste here. You can imagine how those are really good.

However, all the dishes did not readily come out, therefore we had to spent it on there for four hours.
It was for the first time for me to spend for four hours for a dinner.

As for all the liquor, the wine, and the tea are made in Japan, but unfortunately, the tea was not so delicious.
The chef is very shy, and the wife could speak English very well.

These were one of the most delicious dishes I have ever had.
I had a very very happy time there.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing experience but it certainly will thin your wallet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Going to Takazawa for dinner must be one experience not to miss, because from the first Email to reserve to the end of your meal it is a top class experience.
We choose this restaurant specially for my daughters 14th birthday and reading all the reviews, my expectations were very high, and certainly it didn't disappoint us. Great food, amazing presentation, superb imagination and overall 13 different dishes.
The only but is that these kind of experiences do not come cheap and certainly you will not dine here for the value for money concept. Nevertheless a experience to be highly recommended

• Visited May 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Best restaurant not in the Michelin guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at a lot of top restaurants and we both think that dinner at Takazawa is the best! It is easily 3 Michelin star quality! Our meal was perfect in every way: the food, which was a work of art on a plate and actually tasted better than it looked, and the service, which was very friendly, attentive and never overly intrusive. Chef Takazawa is an absolute culinary genius, yet he is so humble. Yes, this is a very expensive meal (with 3 Michelin star prices), but it was worth every last yen. This was an experience that I will remember for the rest of my life and I hope to dine here again if I get the chance to visit Tokyo in the future.

For my full review of Takazawa, please see the following link:

• Visited November 2012