“Amazing experience but it certainly will thin your wallet” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Japanese, Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing experience but it certainly will thin your wallet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Going to Takazawa for dinner must be one experience not to miss, because from the first Email to reserve to the end of your meal it is a top class experience.
We choose this restaurant specially for my daughters 14th birthday and reading all the reviews, my expectations were very high, and certainly it didn't disappoint us. Great food, amazing presentation, superb imagination and overall 13 different dishes.
The only but is that these kind of experiences do not come cheap and certainly you will not dine here for the value for money concept. Nevertheless a experience to be highly recommended

• Visited May 2013

100% Recommend
Sydney, Australia
“Best restaurant not in the Michelin guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at a lot of top restaurants and we both think that dinner at Takazawa is the best! It is easily 3 Michelin star quality! Our meal was perfect in every way: the food, which was a work of art on a plate and actually tasted better than it looked, and the service, which was very friendly, attentive and never overly intrusive. Chef Takazawa is an absolute culinary genius, yet he is so humble. Yes, this is a very expensive meal (with 3 Michelin star prices), but it was worth every last yen. This was an experience that I will remember for the rest of my life and I hope to dine here again if I get the chance to visit Tokyo in the future.

For my full review of Takazawa, please see the following link:

• Visited November 2012
Phuket
“Can only confirm what has been written and said so many times before..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our expectations were very high having red all the reviews, not only on TA. After many weeks waiting and several e-mails with the very charming Akiko, we finally had the honor having the chefs special course menu. Only 3 from the 9 dishes were classics, all the rest were new as most of them were made with very seasonal ingredients. What about a shot of life fish in a broth? The fish only being available in Japan for 2 weeks. But without a doubt my favorite dish of the evening was the truffle potato croquette with fresh black truffle on top of a gorgonzola, walnut and miso sauce. Would love to describe every single amazing dish we had, but that would take the edge of the experience...
Hope to be able to return some day soon.

• Visited April 2013
Ohope, New Zealand
“What a way to spend your birthday night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Just fabulous. From the minute you arrive until you leave HOURS later it was amazing. Something neither my husband nor I had done before. It becomes a story, with everything being explained to you along the way, course by course. The food is to die for. They made it extra special for me who was celebrating my birthday while in Tokyo. It was extremely expensive and we didn't go for the top option either, but both left feeling it was worth it.

• Visited February 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
“The best of cuisine art”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had a fabulous dinner, experiencing the best tastes and flavors ever, as chef TAKAZAWA impressed us with his creations and his great talent, providing one of the best gastronomical experience for me and my wife in a life time. Chef TAKAZAWA is an artist and his creations are genuines masterpieces of worlds best cuisine. I am thankful he had us for dinner in his restaurant which offers an unique and customized experienced to his 5 tables per evening. Mrs. TAKAZAWA enhances the experience by introducing each new dish telling all the story behind ingredients, recipe and how to experience all the flavors from the dish. She has also shown great hospitality in the arrangements prior that evening. This was a superbe experience!

• Visited March 2013