“Aoyama, Best Location in central Tokyo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tokyu Stay Aoyama Premier

Save Saved
You added Tokyu Stay Aoyama Premier to your Saves list
Tokyu Stay Aoyama Premier
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-27-18 Minami Aoyama, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 107-0062, Japan   |
Ranked #21 of 94 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Shanghai
“Aoyama, Best Location in central Tokyo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Tokyu Stay Aoyama Premier is located in the Aoyama district, the most fashionable part of Tokyo and only 2 minutes walk to Tokyo Metro Ginza line Gaienmae station.
Also close to Akasaka business district, Harajyuku fashion town, and Shibuya.
The rooms are equipped with washing machine, mini kitchen, presser and complimentary buffet breakfast in one of their tenant cafe.
They also have serviced apartments for longer stays.
Jingu Gaien park is nearby if you want to go jogging,
or lots of top-notch restaurants which Aoyama is famous for.
The staffs are welcoming but the service is limited as this hotel is regarded as business hotel,
and not a luxury hotel. But that's what keeps the price down.
Lots of Western people live in Aoyama too, which makes this place distinguished.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I chose this hotel based on reviews in Tripadvisor for location, views, cleanliness and value for money. The hotel lived up to my expectations. My conference was at the United Nations University which is closer to Shibuya but still walkable frorm this hotel - 15 mins brisk walk or 20 minutes at a relaxed pace. I chose the smaller configuration room (listed as 'A' on website - 17m square) and it was adequate for my needs as a single guest. If you have lots of luggage or plan to spend a lot of time at the hotel or you want to do in room work-outs, yoga or whatever then you would find this room cramped. But if you want to use this as a base for conferences, explore sites, go shopping, jogging etc and return to admire the view and rest then this hotel is well suited. You can walk to Meiji Shrine and surrounding park. I paid a small surchage for a room with a view and I could see Mt Fuji from my window, depending on cloud cover. Also, I was offered a discount for booking around 3 weeks in advance. The breakfast was fine. The room had a reverse cycle split system air con which worked well but took a few attempts to adjust the settings appropriate to my needs. The room was very quiet. The pillow was firm which suited me fine.There was a vent in the window sill to let in a bit of extra air and street sound if you like. There was wi-fi in the room for no extra charge.

Room Tip: It is well worth requesting a room with a view for a small extra charge.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Lexington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stay at this hotel every time I visit Tokyo. Considering the prime location (it's like 5th Avenue in NYC), the rates are amazingly low. The rates also includes excellent breakfast buffet which otherwise would cost you $15 or so. It's 2 minutes walk to a subway station and you can walk to Omotesando, Harajuku, and Akasaka. It's also a great location for a runner. I run every morning to Akasaka Gyoen. It's one of the prime jogging course in Japan.

The rooms are small, but has everything you need. A free Wifi connection, a small fridge, a microwave, and a washer/dryer. A washer/dyer in each room! That's the best feature as far as I'm considered. Last time I was in Tokyo, I stayed this hotel 16 days and I was so glad I could do laundry every the other day.

I give 5 stars to this hotel not because of its' service or beauty. For the location, convenience, and rates, this is simply the best choice for a long stay. You can trust me because I used to live in Tokyo.

Room Tip: If you are not cooking, chose the smallest room, it still has a microwave and a decent refrigerator...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stay at this hotel whenever I come to Tokyo on business because my customer has a negotiated rate with this hotel. Hotels can be expensive in Tokyo, and the rate I am charged at this hotel is quite low in comparison with others. The hotel is located in the Aoyama section of Tokyo near a number of restaurants and stores. It is a very nice area, and I enjoy walking around the neighborhood in the evening after work. The hotel is conveniently located just around the corner from the Gaiemmae Station on the Ginza Line (Stop G03). Getting from either Haneda or Narita Airports is fairly easy. Both airports have trains into the city with Metro connections. From there, it is a simple matter of getting on the Ginza Line.

As for the room itself, it is small. This is Tokyo, and the rooms in this hotel are actually not small by Tokyo standards. Not that I want to spend all my time indoors watching TV, but the lack of channels in any language other than Japanese is a bit of a disappointment. They have CNN, but they often dub over the English with Japanese except at night. They have a way of ordering movies on the TV, but I was not interested and did not take the time to figure out how to do so.

My stay included internet access and breakfast. Internet speed is good, but access is via ethernet cable in the rooms and wifi in the lobby. The rooms do not have wifi. The breakfast is a bit of a job just to be completely honest. The selection is poor and not particularly tasty.

The rooms are clean, conveniently located, and are offered at a good price. If this is what you need, then this is the place for you. If you are looking for more than that, you may want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Rooms on the small side but nice, clean and comfortable. Internet access in the room is only via a cable near the tv stand and free wifi in the lobby downstairs. Views are great and the breakfast is a mix of Asian and continental.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I'm entering my third week at this Tokyu Stay, and it feels like home. Like other travelers have mentioned, the room is on the small side, but normal for Tokyo and comfortable for one. It has a small fridge with freezer, kettle, hot pad, and most importantly for a multi-week stay: a washer/dryer combo tucked by the door. Other hotels have seemingly larger rooms, but the floor space here is used for these extras that make a long stay away from home bearable. There are cubbies to store things everywhere.

The staff speaks perfect English and goes out of their way to be helpful. They sell little things you might need in the room - like a pack of laundry detergent for 30 yen. The hotel is almost right on the Ginza line, which is an easy way to go most places in Tokyo. A word of warning - the Ginza line is PACKED during commute hours. This neighborhood is quiet for Tokyo: there's not that much in the area itself, but Omato-sando is only a 10-minute walk away. For the Americans here, the ATM at the post office right around the corner will be great to have, since most ATMs here don't take our credit cards. There's also a convenience store, grocery store, and at least 15 restaurants within a 3 minute walk. Like I said, quiet for Tokyo.

Being the only high building on its block, you do get great views. One side of the hotel faces Mt. Fuji (in the distance, but pretty cool to see) and the other side faces the giant Oracle building, a cemetery, and the green spaces of a large park. On the ladies only floor, the rooms type B (larger rooms with kitchenette) face Oracle and gets the sunrise sun, type A face Mt. Fuji and I assume gets sunset sun in the room. The curtains are heavy but not blackout curtains. At night there's baseball games in the school field below, and it's fun to watch the little people run around.

Weird thing about reservations: when you reserve on their web site they don't ask for your credit card. The web reservation system is a little convoluted, but it is in English. When you show up and check in, they charge you for your entire stay.

Breakfast is decent and the little croissants are delish. I'm glad I read the other reviews and brought my own squishy pillow: they do have Japanese pillows here. Next time I'm in Tokyo I'll stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Albuquerque NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I chose this hotel for its location on my visit back home because it's very close to where I was born and lived till my departure for the US long time ago. So I am very familiar with the area. The hotel is a few minutes walk from Gaienmae Station on Tokyo's oldest subwayGinza (orange) Line It is very convenient to get to many major spots inTokyo on this line such as Shibuya, the Imperial Palace and Japan's National Government area, Akihabara, Ueno and Asakusa. There are two local bus routs to Shibuya through now famous highends shopping district of Omotesando and Roppongi. The bus stop is right around the corner from the hotel. Although we can walk to Omotesando and Shibuya the bus service was handy. The hotel also is very close to Meiji Shrine, Takeshitacho, Meiji Outer Garden with the National track and field stadium (1964 Tokyo Olympic major stadium) and two baseball parks. Shinjuku and other areas are also easy to get to by transfer to other lines, The area is full of modern shops and restaurants. A super market Peacock is relatively next door. Also a post office where we can use ATM is very close.
The hotel occupies the 13th where the lobby is to the top floor(26th?). The guests get to the necessary floors by using room cards on the elevator so it's very secure. Since it is relatively new the facility is very modern. My room on the 22nd foor was exclusively for ladies. The room is equipped with everything we need, a fridge, a microwave oven, a set of dishes, a trouser press and a washer-dryer combo. My room faced the West toward Aoyama and Shibuya. Mt. Fuji can be seen on fine days. From the hallway window we can see Shinjuku highrises and all the way to the right Tokyo's newest attraction "Tokyo Sky Tree" was visible. Fom the lobby we can see other directions including Tokyo Tower. The room is not large but it has a good size (Queen size) bed and it was big enough for me.
The front desk staff was polite and helpful. They kept my luggage for a day without any fuss.
My plan included breakfast which is served on the 2nd floor "Architect Cafe"/ It is a combination of Japanese and Western style buffet but more on Japanese side. It could be richer in varieties but it was sufficient.
Overall I rate this hotel excellent. It is perfect for shopping and sight seeing. The only thing is that it is rather on the higher price bracket for a "business hotel".
I enjoyed my five days very much and I especially enjoyed the views from the hotel. I was greeted with the stunningly beautiful night view when I returned to my room at night.
I'd like to thank all the hotel staff for making my stay comfortable and enjoyable.
I regret I couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Tokyu Stay Aoyama Premier? Share your experiences!