“Never choose this untill you are left with no other choice” 2 of 5 stars
Review of APA Villa Hotel Akasakamitsuke

You added APA Villa Hotel Akasakamitsuke to your Saves list
APA Villa Hotel Akasakamitsuke
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3-19-10 Akasaka, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture 107-0052, Japan   |
Ranked #80 of 94 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Never choose this untill you are left with no other choice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The hotel has rooms which cannot even accomodate your baggage. Once I reached the room I was shocked to see that after keeping my luggage there was hardly any space to walk.

Does not have good breakfast menu, especially except corn flakes and fruits no other option available for Veggies.

Would recommend as last choice.

Room Tip: Choose double bed room even if you are single so that atleast you get space to walk a step or two.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was the only hotel that had vacancy in the area that we wanted to stay. I had read other reviewers talk about the small rooms, I just could not imagine how tiny they were. The room had a double bed, and a dresser, but there was no place to hang clothes or to even put the suitcase out of the way. The bathroom was equally tiny. The room was advertised for double occupancy, that is only OK if you and your partner don't mind spooning the whole night. There isn't enough space for two average size people to move in that bed.
The positives about the hotel is it was very clean, the staff was extremely nice and helpful, there is a restaurant at the bottom floor next to the lobby where breakfast (decent) and coffee (excellent) is served; our room came with breakfast. The restaurant is also nice for a glass of wine/beer/cocktail in the evening. The area where the hotel is located is extremely lively, many restaurants and bars around with diverse cuisine, mostly locals patrons, which was great. It is also within a walking distance to a couple of train stations. If you can get over the small room, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The hotel is well located only a few minutes from the metro and there are plenty of options for restaurants etc. The room was clean and the staff on check in spoke English and were helpful with options to return to Narita Airport.

The room is very small! We had a double (not semi-double) and it really was tiny, there was literally space for a bed and there was a dressing table in the room and that was it. The only floor space in the room was the width of the door and ran along the width of the bed. If you are just looking for a place to sleep then it will be fine but not if you may spend any time relaxing in the room.

The bed itself was comfortable enough but the pillows were awful. We stayed two nights and on the second I only had about 1.5 hrs sleep because of the pillow and the temperature of the room (we had to sleep with window open so some noise and light). I didn't complain to hotel staff so not sure if they could have provided alternatives if requested.

We didn't use the restaurant facilities so can't comment.

Tokyo hotels are very expensive for what you get, I did feel cheated on the price given how tiny the room was but it was one of the cheaper options at the time of booking.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I am a buisiness traveller that visits Tokyo twice per year. I recently stayed at this hotel for four nights. Upon seeing my room, i realized that I would not be able to open my suite cases and requested to be moved to another room. Unfortunately, this was quite more expensive, but I had a little choice. The rooms are quite well worn and you can expect worn carpets in the room in need of a thorough cleaning. The room had a very stuffy smell, and although an air purifier/filter is included in the room it was completely caked with dust and likely hadn't been cleaned for years. The hotel indicates that a "humidifier" is included in the room, however this is actually a steamer unit that is part of a kettle and has little or no effect. My room was extremely warm and after complaining at 3 am, I was informed that the cooling systems for the hotel had been turned off and I was forced to leave the window open and sleep with ear plugs because of the noise. I had laundry for pick up and i was informed that I needed to drop it off at the front desk(first time i've ever hear of this). They then made me pay for my laundry before giving it back to me and refused to simply charge it to my room. Washroom and toilet air were not adequately ventilated and smelled quite bad, I was forced to leave to the door closed so the entire room didn't smell. Location is great, but you can find a lot better hotel in the area for slightly more money. Tokyo Excel Akasaka is a good example as is the Monterrey Akasaka(I've stayed at both). I would only recommend this place if you're on a budget and want to stay for one night or two. Oh, and breakfast consists of boiled hot dogs and eggs, but I must admit, the coffee was great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Rooms are tiny, and I've lived in Japan, so I know what it means to stay in tiny accommodation. There isn't enough floor space to open my suit case.

For anyone staying on an extended business trip - GO STAY ELSEWHERE.

There are no irons, three hangers and you have to climb over your suitcase to get to the door.

They did give me 7 days worth of bath salts and aromatherapy oil. Unfortunately, that doesn't make up for the fact I'm going to arrive at work a wrinkled mess.

This is further compounded by the fact that I was supposed to work from my room between 1-3 tomorrow, but the hotel lift is broken, so if I want to do this, I am going to have to walk up nine flights of stairs...this was annoying, but after seeing the size of the room, I'd rather check my email in the hallway.

Might be nice if you are 1 person and want a cheap convenient place and have 1 article of clothing to hang up. Otherwise, try anywhere else. This place is the pits.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

To get to this hotel, we took a airport limousine bus to Excel hotel. From there you need to cross the street. Quite a tricky place but people are friendly and need to ask.

When we got there, we were shocked. It was really small. Hotel guest are business like folks. When we got into the room, we were aghast. Out of three luggages we had, only 1 can be opened. The air was really bad and we found the offending smell coming from the bathroom. Never felt so miserable. When we sleep at night, my elbows and legs kept knocking next to the wall.

Staff was extremely helpful as I asked for assistance to get to places of interest and booking of local tours. They helped to print maps and contacting the local agents.

Breakfast was ok. Can't complain much because you paid for this kind of price. It was a full 5 nights stay and I wished I could change to another hotel. But I got the deal from Agoda and there is a policy that cancellation is not allowed.

In short, if you want to enjoy a vacation in Tokyo, be prepared to spend a little to have more comfort.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Mumbai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Firstly - the reasons why you might want to stay here : (1) this is the only hotel that offers accommodation at sub-20K yen levels, (2) it is conveniently located close to a metro station, (3) there are some decent and reasonably-priced restaurants in the immediate vicinity..... Not much more to it, really! Having experienced Japanese hotels across the spectrum, I am hard-pressed to recall many hotels worse than this one. I arrived 30 mins earlier than their 3 pm check-in time - the clerk wanted to ding me for 1000 yen (hourly rate) for an extra hour. This hotel and others in the area let their rooms for "day use" - not surprising, given that the always bustling area has a seedier side to it too! The rooms are ultra-small, the bathroom is a stand-up pre-fab column - you need to figure out whether head-first or leg-first works for you! In a nutshell - unless you find nothing, avoid this place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to APA Villa Hotel Akasakamitsuke? Share your experiences!