“Great Cajan Food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bourbon Street

Bourbon Street
7-8-16 Roppongi, Minato 106-0032, Tokyo Prefecture (Akasaka / Roppongi)
+81 3-5786-2887
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,621 of 7,777 Restaurants in Minato
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
“Great Cajan Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Some of the best Cajan food I've ever had. My in laws made a reservation and it's critical that you do. A small place that can only seat a limited number of people. It's a bit pricey by American standards but keep in mind it's Tokyo and it's not easy to get in Cajan spices etc. Chef was helpful and somewhat personal. My in laws said it was an off day for him but I didn't mind. He was doing everything himself, cooking, waiting, etc. Worth a try if you're craving delicious Cajan food!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Kevin P

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“The Pear of the Orient!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I cannot recommend this restaurant strongly enough. It's the BEST CAJUN FOOD I've ever had. The Staff is outstanding, The Service is Excellent, and the Food Quality is scrumptious. I recommend reservations. It does get very busy, as it is small in size, but humongous in delight.

Those that have been to N'Orleans and liked Cajun spices, will not be disappointed. This Pearl of the Orient will blow N'Orleans away....Enjoy.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Kevin H
Chatham, New Jersey
“Great food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I happened to walk in without a booking, but had heard about the restaurant before. Fortunately, they had just had a cancellation and the chef fit us in.

We tried the tasting menu. Everything without exception was wonderful. The NOLA food was authentically prepared. Starting with the gumbo, followed by a fish dish, then steak, and finishing with pecan pie left me not only full, but satisfied.

Adding truffle salt to the pommes frites and paring the pie with Frangelico were fun and interesting touches.

I'll definitely go again and again.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Daniel D
Boston, Massachusetts
“Always Fantastic With Sohan's Customer Friendly Style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This restaurant serves some of the best Louisiana dishes outside of New Orleans. It is a small cosy bar resturant these days but the food is fantastic and made to order. The owner and chef is a Tokyo fixture and a very welcoming and friendly host. Always one to visit while In Tokyo.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Pat P
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“You will not resist to repeat this place! A truly gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I lived in Japan for 4 years (2004-2008), and I was not happy to discover this restaurant in the last year of my stay there. But in that year I went 3 times, one of them to celebrate my birthday and the last for my going away party. This is how much I liked this place. Food is so tasty, well presented and customer service is great. It is a little place so I recommend to book 2 weeks out, otherwise it is very hard to find table on the same weekend. Crap cakes, jambalaya and shrimps were my favorite plates. Chef owner took care of our order himself. When I come bak to Tokyo, this is my number 1 stop on the list!

• Visited September 2012