“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Tokyo

You added The Westin Tokyo to your Saves list
The Westin Tokyo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1-4-1 Mita | Ebisu Garden Place, Meguro 153-8580, Tokyo Prefecture   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels / Ryokan in Meguro
4.5 of 5 stars 945 Reviews
bangalore
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

First visit to japan so didn't know what to expect. Had assumed that Westin being a global brand , would have standard service. This hotel went beyond my expectations and he only reason is the staff . The Japanese culture of being polite to everyone is taken to new heights in his hotel . Right from the moment I checked in till the moment I left was wonderful . The best moment would be when one day I came back from my morning run to be handed a towel and bottle of water at the entrance without me even asking for it .

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at The Westin Tokyo and for taking the time to review us. We are delighted to hear you were able to feel renewed and relaxed in our guestroom. It is our utmost joy in providing an experience, extraordinary; excellence that is consistent, and ensuring that each guest’s stay is bespoke. Thank you for allowing us to contribute to your Tokyo Experience. We hope to welcome you back very soon. Until then, please take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

My stay was wonderful. My room was perfect, clean everything! Location depends what you want to see.. Everything is a train ride away. 10min walk to JR station/subway ect. I never write about anyone but
I would like to thank the Chef at the Terrace "Daniel Jäger" for tending to a picky eater like myself! For the Great buffet and to all my request. To every bartender on the 22nd floor Best drinks ever! Thank you Westin & Mr. Chef Daniel Jäger for making my first stay in Tokyo simple as pie.

• Stayed August 2014
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Westin Tokyo and for taking much of your valuable time to post a review, of which will surely be shared with all of our associates especially Chef Daniel Jäger. Surely, he will be very happy to hear that you enjoyed your family trip to Tokyo. We are humbled with your kind words, as it is our genuine joy that we are able to contribute to your Tokyo experience and even more for a Westin Tokyo one. Moreover, We appreciate to cooperate with our action to save electricity. Please hurry back. Until then, do take care.
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Westin Tokyo was the final destination of our anniversary trip (4th-7th July 2014) in Tokyo. Overall we had a great stay and my family really enjoyed it.

The hotel location isn't the easiest for tourists who use public tranportations, but great for people with a rental car like us. I liked the location because it was away from the busy areas, but still a lot of good shoppings and restaurants nearby. A lovely sunday market was just across the street from the front door. Extremely easy to get to the main shopping area where is less crowded than Shinjuku or Shibuya. Ebisu area is much more upper class and relaxing.

Almost everyone in the hotel could speak good english, all of them were helpful. It might be the Japanese culture that they didn't really have big smiles on their faces but I could feel they were keen to meet our requests. There was a mistake made by one of the concierge staff which caused us quite a bit of trouble, but they tried hard enough to solve it. A sincere apology from the staff and the guest relationship manager were good enough and they did all their best to help me out throught out the rest of the stay. I would like to send a big thank you to the ladies at the concierge and the guest relationship manager who was kind enough to listen to my complaint.

A bottle of sparkling wine was sent to us for our anniversary, it was a nice touch. Room was a bit in the 90s style but nice and clean with all the things we needed. I traveled with my two daughters and those kids pajamas were cute and comfy.

Breakfasts were excellent, and on Sunday we had the japanese style breakfast in the Japanese restaurant and it was really good. Just that it was so busy on Sunday, we had to wait for 20 mins before we could get a seat.

It was not a perfect stay, but good enough for us to go back to Westin Tokyo when we travel to Tokyo again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital Marketing Coorinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Westin Tokyo. We feel privileged to have been able to serve you. Thank you for taking much of your valuable time to post a review, of which will surely be shared with all of our associates. We are humbled with your kind words, as it is our genuine joy that we are able to contribute to your Tokyo experience and even more for a Westin Tokyo one. Our location, Ebisu is quite a gem. As you’ve mentioned, the many hidden discoveries here and there are popular to the local community as well. Please hurry back. Until then, do take care.
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I expected big things from The Westin Tokyo; I stayed at The Westin Chosun, Seoul previously and was very happy. Unfortunately, I was disappointed with the hotel. The lobby is wonderful, but the rooms are dated. Old bathroom; small, awkward shower; time-worn carpet, and out-dated coffee maker are few examples of how The Westin Tokyo fell short. The bed was comfortable, but I would not say “heavenly”. Room service for breakfast was fine. I would not recommend staying here as a tourist; the hotel is far away from most tourist attractions. Be aware, the bus to the airport has limited departure times. Overall the room did not meet Westin standards.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. Your kind words are of the greatest encouragement to all of us. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. Your valuable feedback for the signs of aged room will be shared by our team. We would take this opportunity to review our service standard, and try to improve even harder to meet your expectations. We anxiously wait for your return for another Westin Tokyo magic, a respite in the heart of the city with personal service at its best.
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This is my third stay at the Westin Tokyo and it never disappoints. I first chose this hotel for the location, it is a 10 minute walk from Ebisu station which can easily connect you to any of the main lines. Additionally, the hotel is near a mall (5-minute walk) - gets you near a pharmacy, mall for shopping, and food options. A little farther away about 15 minute walk gets you even more local food options at reasonable prices and great food. (The concierge can point you to the places).
They have a nice spread at breakfast and all kinds juices (including a rotating daily juice). If you are staying the weekend however, you might want to make a reservation as it gets crowded. They also have a nice lounge upstairs but breakfast selection is more limited. Nice respite with good view of Tokyo though in the afternoon (with snacks and drinks).
The rooms are relatively good sized and have modern amenities. They have done a good job keeping the place clean and updated. Wifi connection was good as well.
The concierge service is excellent, I had them help make reservations at hard to get to restaurants and they did an amazing job getting me into almost everyone. All in all, you really can't go wrong with this Westin.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind patronage to the Westin Tokyo and for taking the time to post a review. Your kind words and strong vote of confidence for the Westin Tokyo has given us great encouragement and yearning to do more. It is our utmost joy in providing an experience, extraordinary; excellence that is consistent, and ensuring that each guest’s stay is bespoke. Thank you for allowing us to contribute to your Tokyo Experience.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This is my first visit to Tokyo and I am here for pleasure. I am a platinum Starwood member and stay about 75-80 nights per year in hotels. This hotel is even better than its reviews. The property has a refined, modern elegance. The rooms are modern with a Japanese flair. Every staff member has been polite and helpful. English is spoken by most staff members. As a platinum member I have access to breakfast either in the Terrace full amazing buffet or the exec floor where there is a great two hour cocktail with appetizers and drinks on the house. The location is right by the Ebisu JR line for easy access to everywhere. This is among the best Westin properties I have stayed in and recommend it highly!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
A heartfelt “arigatogozaimasu (“thank you” in Japanese) for your stay with us and for your words of great encouragement. We believe in offering the best of international standards combined with immaculate Westin Tokyo hospitality and service- attention to detail, tailored service, and effort in understanding our guests. Thank for allowing us to contribute to your Tokyo experience. We hope to see you very soon again.
South Wales, New york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My wife and I visited Tokyo and stayed at the Westin because of their reputation and we were not disappointed. The hotel was very clean and elegant, the staff was courteous and helpful, and the food breakfast buffet was well appointed and delicious.

It also needs to be mentioned that the hotel proximity to Yebisu Garden Place and the Ebisu Station. Off of the JR line, it is very easy to get around Tokyo's many attractions for very little money. Located in a quiet neighbor hood, the Westin Tokyo in my opinion is the perfect place to stay when visiting. T

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Westin Tokyo. We feel privileged to have been able to serve you. Thank you for taking much of your valuable time to post a review, of which will surely be shared with all of our associates. We are humbled with your kind words, as it is our genuine joy that we are able to contribute to your Tokyo experience and even more for a Westin Tokyo one. Please hurry back. Until then, do take care.

Been to The Westin Tokyo? Share your experiences!